Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Raiders War Room 2021 Draft Edition

As the season starts so does College football.

This is a very unique season as we all know but there is always prospects to talk about and mock drafts to do.

First. Way to early first.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lol
    what haha. Every year around week 1 I create this thread and people laugh but what do you know they use it anyway haha.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    what haha. Every year around week 1 I create this thread and people laugh but what do you know they use it anyway haha.
    lol

"...prone to stoogery.".

Should of named this they 2021 War/Lawrence room.. We know where this thread is going

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    As the season starts so does College football.

This is a very unique season as we all know but there is always prospects to talk about and mock drafts to do.

Guess I am first to post

Okay

Players I have watched so far that fit our scheme & what we do that I think would be great fits.

S Andre Cisco 6í0 208 Syracuse

This guy has incredible range, ball skills, is a turnover machine & will clean you out. Love what he brings & would be an exceptional addition to add to the quality secondary we are building.

RT Daniel Faalele 6í9 400 Minnesota

Yeah, I know what you are going to say lol heís over weight lol well to add to that heís also an Aussie and has only played 3 years of Football downer right? Just watch the young man play. His movement and athletic ability are unreal for a guy his size. I would love to draft him to sit him behind Trenton Brown to learn, especially being the same body types & with Trentonís injury issues.

RG Deonte Brown 6í3 338 Alabama

He got suspended by Saban for 3 games but they did not announce why, but I donít believe it was anything bad perhaps just a maturity thing. Play wise if you just watch the game against Auburnís Derrick Brown,that shows his whole game & he absolutely dominated. Great replacement/back up to Gabe Jackson with the understanding we are paying Gabe well.

WR Christian Watson 6í2 200 NDSU

Well no doubt you have already or will soon see a lot of QB Trey Lance from NDSU. Christian Watson is a guy I saw whilst watching Lance. This guy is a stud. If you get a chance do watch him. He has a lot to his game including returning kicks plus he was clocked in practice at 23mph whilst using the schools GPS system.

And here is my guy at QB which I am not posting because of the one we already have but because coach Gruden is always going to looking. We will not be selecting in the top 8 so there is no way we will be in it for the so called top 3 QBís, but.......

QB Sean Clifford 6í2 216 Penn State

This is the guy I like a lot. I think coach will love this guy too. He can make all the throws, needs to continue to work mechanics everyday but they are there & can really create with his legs & his arm when plays break down. Iíve seen him make some incredible off platform throws that were on the money but dropped by his receivers 🤦 He would be a great young addition & player for coach to develop & bring along.
    Last edited by PHIL MAGROIN; 09-10-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Well big fan of the obvious players Jaímarr Chase (our receiving core would be incredible)and Dylan Moses. Dylan is coming back from injury if healthy he is a stud and we need to get more backers. I also like Micah Parsons who is another solid Penn St. backer. Love the Safety from Georgia LeCounte. Oregon has a stud OT Sewell. Would love to pair Najee Harris with Josh.

I think we should look at trading some picks. Itís going to be impossible to evaluate players later like cb Bynum from cal. He was projected to be a top corner out there. But wonít play this season. He will probably be drafted in the third or higher.

There is a good case to trade picks this year. We have a young secondary and wide receiving core. If one or both of these groups struggle adding a pro bowl caliber veteran would be a better solution than drafting another young player next year. If the right veteran somehow ends up on the trading block I agree pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    There is a good case to trade picks this year. We have a young secondary and wide receiving core. If one or both of these groups struggle adding a pro bowl caliber veteran would be a better solution than drafting another young player next year. If the right veteran somehow ends up on the trading block I agree pull the trigger.
    Put me in the group that would look to trade draft picks for the upcoming draft. By my count we are likely to have 11 starters from the last 2 drafts this time next year. I don't know that we want to get any younger especially with a draft that will be filled with players with limited reps to show what they can do.

Another thing to consider is that next year's free agent class will be loaded with players. Teams will be cutting a lot of players to get under the lower salary cap. There should be a glut of free agents and not a lot of money out there to pay them. A lot of vets will be signing 1 year vet minimum or slightly higher contracts.

With the cap taking a hit next year, I'm all for keeping the picks. Cheap players is the way to go next season. Plus personally I like the youth movement of this team. Keep building a sustaining winning franchise.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    Guess I am first to post

Okay

Players I have watched so far that fit our scheme & what we do that I think would be great fits.

S Andre Cisco 6í0 208 Syracuse

This guy has incredible range, ball skills, is a turnover machine & will clean you out. Love what he brings & would be an exceptional addition to add to the quality secondary we are building.

RT Daniel Faalele 6í9 400 Minnesota

Yeah, I know what you are going to say lol heís over weight lol well to add to that heís also an Aussie and has only played 3 years of Football downer right? Just watch the young man play. His movement and athletic ability are unreal for a guy his size. I would love to draft him to sit him behind Trenton Brown to learn, especially being the same body types & with Trentonís injury issues.

RG Deonte Brown 6í3 338 Alabama

He got suspended by Saban for 3 games but they did not announce why, but I donít believe it was anything bad perhaps just a maturity thing. Play wise if you just watch the game against Auburnís Derrick Brown,that shows his whole game & he absolutely dominated. Great replacement/back up to Gabe Jackson with the understanding we are paying Gabe well.

WR Christian Watson 6í2 200 NDSU

Well no doubt you have already or will soon see a lot of QB Trey Lance from NDSU. Christian Watson is a guy I saw whilst watching Lance. This guy is a stud. If you get a chance do watch him. He has a lot to his game including returning kicks plus he was clocked in practice at 23mph whilst using the schools GPS system.

And here is my guy at QB which I am not posting because of the one we already have but because coach Gruden is always going to looking. We will not be selecting in the top 8 so there is no way we will be in it for the so called top 3 QBís, but.......

QB Sean Clifford 6í2 216 Penn State

This is the guy I like a lot. I think coach will love this guy too. He can make all the throws, needs to continue to work mechanics everyday but they are there & can really create with his legs & his arm when plays break down. Iíve seen him make some incredible off platform throws that were on the money but dropped by his receivers 🤦 He would be a great young addition & player for coach to develop & bring along.
    Okay I wish to replace the safety Cisco & WR Watson with better players from the same positions.

S Paris Ford 6'0 190 Pittsburgh instead of Cisco.

This guy is ALL Football and a Dog. He would be my choice to pair with Abram back there. you can hear his hits on film insanely violent,but also an intelligent player. Would not miss those last man tackles that so badly hurt us constantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w4FW7Nbt5g

WR Marquez Stevenson 6'0 190 Houston instead of Watson.

Explosive,reminds me of Nelson Agholor but this guy can really play. Also return kicks too.Would be a great fill in for Ruggs and would also add to the group and give us more firepower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0ClpGRi7A

And the interview says everything about this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvUzCkd3Zks
    Last edited by PHIL MAGROIN; 09-15-2020 at 07:30 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW5f52qP120

What a first round CB should look like. I know many of you were strongly against drafting him for some reason. Jaguars made a great pick

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast