Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Yeah I dont think morrow is terrible, but hes semi-decent on a one-year contract looking to hit free agency next year.

They may not take parsons if they get the chance, but it wont be because they have morrow.
    I try to give morrow a chance like when he got us a pick against the saints. Rewatched that game. Brees threw the ball right in the middle of his chest while standing flatfooted. He got ran over multiple times. Was in position for many plays but didnt make them. Unless it was after a large game. Rewatch it. Or Broncos game. Or Titans. Or chiefs. He is our weak link at lb. dont pay attention to folks rankings. Just watch him during the games. He will be in great position and wont make it.

Id like us to draft a LB if one is there in the first, but I feel like wed risk getting a good enough player at RT snd FS. I feel like our draft will look something like this:

Round 1 Pick 17: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Richie Grant, FS/SS, Central Florida (A)
    Round 3 Pick 15: Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 16: Dylan Moses, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 16: Aaron Banks, OG, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 18: Michal Menet, C/OG, Penn State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 23: Talanoa Hufanga, FS/SS, USC (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 17: Deommodore Lenoir, CB, Oregon (A+)

Took the best OT remaining. Moehrig was still there in the second- but seems like a stretch. I like the value picks in the third. If we could get Wilson/Moses after filling RT and FS Id be pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Id like us to draft a LB if one is there in the first, but I feel like wed risk getting a good enough player at RT snd FS. I feel like our draft will look something like this:

Took the best OT remaining. Moehrig was still there in the second- but seems like a stretch. I like the value picks in the third. If we could get Wilson/Moses after filling RT and FS Id be pretty happy.
    Moerig a stretch in the second? Nooooo. That is a steal my brother, great value.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Moerig a stretch in the second? Nooooo. That is a steal my brother, great value.
    Haha. It would be. No... what i meant is didnt think it would be realistic. I fear Richie grant isnt lasting to our second rounder either.

Haha. It would be. No... what i meant is didnt think it would be realistic. I fear Richie grant isnt lasting to our second rounder either.
    Sometimes he does, realistically you are probably right...on both. Who knows? That is what makes the draft fun...or frustrating. When I play with the mock simulators I usually try to do it without trades. I did a couple today and got both of those guys, one in each draft. I got Moerig in the 2nd and Grant was still there! On the other only Grant was there. My third mock I had a little fun and trade for the most or most quality picks a spot or few spots at a time, but only in the first round, got tons of second and third round picks and made it all the way to pick 32. Man, I scored a lot of quality guys, fun, but totally out of the realm of possibility.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Sometimes he does, realistically you are probably right...on both. Who knows? That is what makes the draft fun...or frustrating. When I play with the mock simulators I usually try to do it without trades. I did a couple today and got both of those guys, one in each draft. I got Moerig in the 2nd and Grant was still there! On the other only Grant was there. My third mock I had a little fun and trade for the most or most quality picks a spot or few spots at a time, but only in the first round, got tons of second and third round picks and made it all the way to pick 32. Man, I scored a lot of quality guys, fun, but totally out of the realm of possibility.
    Yeah, seems like you need to do a few drafts just to see where talent levels might fall to. Seems like we might have a high end OT at 17, but seldom in the second. Still solid choices though.

With FS, second pretty much guarantees us a good one. If we dont go FS in first two rounds, we might have to trade up in third. Otherwise, might need to go back to back FS picks snd hope we hit in one.

Thatd be nice. Doubt he gets to 17. Wonder if giving up a third and 5th to move up is an option?...

Great draft

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Great draft
    Thanks. I really like the first 4 picks. Id be happy if we had to trade up on some of those picks, but ended up with just the first 4. I feel like theres going to be some UDFA gems this year.

I like this draft. Realistic while getting some good value. I actually prefer Grant in round 2 over Moehrig in round 1.

Im not that big on Wilson but in the 3rd round its fine.

Thanks. I really like the first 4 picks. Id be happy if we had to trade up on some of those picks, but ended up with just the first 4. I feel like theres going to be some UDFA gems this year.
    I really like the first 4 picks. They would all be starters

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I like this draft. Realistic while getting some good value. I actually prefer Grant in round 2 over Moehrig in round 1.

Im starting to think that too. I would love either grant or Holland in two. Slater, darrisaw, cosmi or Jenkins in one

Still think Parsons has a chance to be there for us, we believe we can still get value in a trade or FA RT signing, maybe even trade back into round 2 for one. Starting to believe the Parson's hype.
    Last edited by Plunkett4HoF; 04-10-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post

Grants overall game looks good. Seems like hes a solid tackler and decision maker. Just not sure he lasts until our second round pick. I see him in that 30-35 range. I think hes getting hyped up the board.

As for Wilson, his so/jr seasons were much better than last year. Im more inclined to throw out last year than dismiss the first two. With all our DL however, I just dont see us using a pick on him.

Moses shouldnt last to our third pick either. But Id like us to get parsons or Moses.

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast