Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    You must not have watched the rose bowl through the playoffs. He played well.

If we talk about stepping up in a big game. Collins biggest game he played in against Cincinnati he had 1 tackle. Acc champ game.
    But against Tulane he had 15 tackles and an int. His stats got padded against inferior teams. And it was a double overtime game.
    He went from 88 tackles to 54 this year.

We shall see
    For what it’s worth IMO Collins has more upside and I like him more than Moses. Collins was in coverage more this year less tackles come with the change. But a linebacker with our first round pick, I would pass on Z Collins. Right now our biggest need is free safety followed by a DT. Moehrig or Barmore I like at 17. Moses is probably there in the 2nd and if he is would be good value. Hoping we address our defensive weaknesses in free agency. If so we can go multiple ways with our first round pick!

This is a very weak defensive line class tbh and although I like barmore taking him at 17 is a big reach.

Zaven collins is so overhyped imo.Devin white has really set the standard for linebackers to me and I don't see that from this group but who knows.

Azeez ojulari is my favorite edge rusher in this draft followed by gregory rousseau but at 17 would be a huge reach.

Take darrisaw at 17 hopefully 🙏.Buy the the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post
    You folks need to remember, we can only trade down if we have a willing partner, seems as if we never do as well as other teams or even stand pat, no imagination/desire + no willing partner = Raiders for quite some time. Easier said than done.
    It depends on the draft we've had bad luck in years we try to trade down.

When there are teams that need QBs and it's a solid QB class you can clean up. We wanted Cle, but he'd have been available in the teens. It was a bad year to trade down, so we should have took White. That's part of the problem reaching.

A lot of ppl wouldn't give Reggie credit for Mack, Carr and Coop because they were no-brainer picks that fell in his lap. At least he didn't outsmart himself.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I think their both overrated. I’d rather have Zaven Collins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn’t collins projected as a first round pick while Moses is projected as a second rounder?

So... I don’t see the point of everyone saying they’d rather have collins over Moses.

Would you rather have collins over the other options in the first?

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    For what it’s worth IMO Collins has more upside and I like him more than Moses. Collins was in coverage more this year less tackles come with the change. But a linebacker with our first round pick, I would pass on Z Collins. Right now our biggest need is free safety followed by a DT. Moehrig or Barmore I like at 17. Moses is probably there in the 2nd and if he is would be good value. Hoping we address our defensive weaknesses in free agency. If so we can go multiple ways with our first round pick!
    Honestly I think we go fs in free agency. Instead of the draft. Because there are 4 very good proven fs in this years fa. That are top level in the nfl. I would rather have one of them than a question mark rookie. Harris, Johnson, Williams and Simmons.

I’m not sold on Collins completely for a first. I just can’t get past his only big game, he disappeared and had 1 tackle. His numbers came from games like against Tulane who had a 270 pound, 285 pound o linemen on the opposite team. Your not going to have that playing against teams like Ohio state, Clemson, etc

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    This is a very weak defensive line class tbh and although I like barmore taking him at 17 is a big reach.

Zaven collins is so overhyped imo.Devin white has really set the standard for linebackers to me and I don't see that from this group but who knows.

Azeez ojulari is my favorite edge rusher in this draft followed by gregory rousseau but at 17 would be a huge reach.

Take darrisaw at 17 hopefully 🙏.Buy the the defense.
    Outside of Leonard Williams and watt, the fa class is too expensive for not enough production.

I like Rousseau too. He has all the tools to be a top edge guy. I doubt if we will do it. I think barmore is the pick, if he’s not there who knows what Mayo know will do. Doubt if it would be a de in the first to split time with Ferrell.

Outside of Leonard Williams and watt, the fa class is too expensive for not enough production.

I like Rousseau too. He has all the tools to be a top edge guy. I doubt if we will do it. I think barmore is the pick, if he’s not there who knows what Mayo know will do. Doubt if it would be a de in the first to split time with Ferrell.
    You aren't going to get any better production from rookies. Especially DEs or DTs. Those take time to develop.

We need vets on the DL
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    You aren't going to get any better production from rookies. Especially DEs or DTs. Those take time to develop.

We need vets on the DL
    Like whom? Realistically?

Watt and Williams are not going to be raiders. We are not paying over 20 mil for a dt. That’s what he wants. Watt wants to go to a top defense. That’s not us. Two swings and misses. The other giants dt will be franchised. Short has had 0 sacks in the last two years. And would cost us 9 mil a year.

And the other dts available can easily be beat out by barmore, Wilson and Tufele.

Like whom? Realistically?

Watt and Williams are not going to be raiders. We are not paying over 20 mil for a dt. That’s what he wants. Watt wants to go to a top defense. That’s not us. Two swings and misses. The other giants dt will be franchised. Short has had 0 sacks in the last two years. And would cost us 9 mil a year.

And the other dts available can easily be beat out by barmore, Wilson and Tufele.
    I wouldn’t be mad at bringing Sheldon Rankins in.

Without doing any research what so ever and the draft game not providing scouting reports I selected the following:

17 Trevon Moehrig S • TCU
    48 Alim McNeill DI • North Carolina State
    80 Rashad Weaver ED • Pittsburgh
    121 Baron Browning LB • Ohio State
    163 Josh Myers C • Ohio State
    246 Tedarrell Slaton DI • Florid

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Without doing any research what so ever and the draft game not providing scouting reports I selected the following:

17 Trevon Moehrig S • TCU
    48 Alim McNeill DI • North Carolina State
    80 Rashad Weaver ED • Pittsburgh
    121 Baron Browning LB • Ohio State
    163 Josh Myers C • Ohio State
    246 Tedarrell Slaton DI • Florid

Thoughts?
    seems about right. Raiders just throw a dart @ the draft board and draft the player that it lands on. Wouldn't be shocked if we reach again. Find players that are expected to be drafted in the 2nd round or late 1st round and Raiders will draft them top 15 guarantee. If we wanted Arnette so badly we could have easily traded back and gotten him in the 2nd round. Same with Ruggs if Donkeys drafted him we would still have had a shot at Justin Jefferson or Ceede Lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    seems about right. Raiders just throw a dart @ the draft board and draft the player that it lands on. Wouldn't be shocked if we reach again. Find players that are expected to be drafted in the 2nd round or late 1st round and Raiders will draft them top 15 guarantee. If we wanted Arnette so badly we could have easily traded back and gotten him in the 2nd round. Same with Ruggs if Donkeys drafted him we would still have had a shot at Justin Jefferson or Ceede Lamb.
    If you are expecting logic and thought being used in the drafting process you are rooting for the wrong team.

RM had a good draft in 14 & Mayock had one in 19. Other than those two, pretty much every draft has been a shat in the pants for the past 20 years. Way too many reaches and flat out whiffs to climb out of the gutter.

It is fascinating watching you guys go back and forth on what this organization should do, but knowing in your hearts there is no way Gruden is going to do what you think is best. You continue to "Commit to Excellence", but the organization left that motto behind long ago.

Yeah, I'm a bit pessimistic, but its my Monday...

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I wouldn’t be mad at bringing Sheldon Rankins in.

Rankins is a great runstuffer. We do need one, but at a 10 mil price tag? And after that we still need a 3 tech.

Rankins is a great runstuffer. We do need one, but at a 10 mil price tag? And after that we still need a 3 tech.
    Kyle Peko is probably more inline with the players we'll be seeking.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast