Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Also those Micah Parsons/Jaylen Waddle mock drafts look even better after this game.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Also those Micah Parsons/Jaylen Waddle mock drafts look even better after this game.
    You get the #1 pick, what would you do...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Is this Pats defense for real...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Is this Pats defense for real...???
    Even with the guys they lost the DL and Secondary are mostly the same last year off the best D in the league. It's easy the best secondary in the league. I've been laughing at people who thought the Pats would be bad this year, that D is way too good to let that happen. There OL is healthy as well and easy a top unit in the league, was missing alot of guys off it last year due to injury. If Cam is 85% of what he was that team is still winning 9-10 games.

I really hope that this weeks offensive showing was just the Pats secondary really shutting us down. As long as the Pats have those main guys back there they'll always have a good front seven. But no one got any separation today at all. Geiscki and Parker I expect that from because thats just not their game, but I hoped for more from Grant Ford and Williams. On paper I really like this WR core, but on the field they just aren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    You get the #1 pick, what would you do...???
    Cry because I know I should trade it but it would be tough to pass on Trevor.

But if we somehow end up with a top 10 pick, my dream is Parsons. Hes a stud pass rusher, freak in the run and just needs to develop in the passing game. You'd obviously be tempted to take Chase or Sewell, but I think Parsons fills the biggest need and might be the final piece on defense. We just desperately need speed at WR to make this scheme work.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-13-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Not gonna make much of this games, were super young, short training camp, overall didnt think we did to bad under the circumstances.

I expected the pats offense to do exactly what they did. I dont think its sustainable.

And lucky for us there isnt many teams well be playing that can play d like that and have a big running qb like that.

Had we scored more points, and not turned the ball over this game would of looked a lot different, because it would.of forced new england to make cam throw the ball.

Not really much to take away from this game overall tbh. Getting this roster ready for tua next year is the main goal this year.

Our offense clearly needs to execute better but game 1, new oc, I cant really rag on them much yet.

I said this before the he game but I expected bellichek to run cam non stop, basically the way Shanahan used rg3 his rookie year.

Keeping cam healthy isnt a priority, so theyll run him endlessly to win games and if he gets crushed they dont care.

It's an advantage for bellichek, because most teams wouldnt do that to their qb.

Well see how long cam lasts doing this.

Thia is the new nfl though. Go get a athletic qb, and let them run with the ball. This isnt the old nfl where teams are worried about their qb getting injured. Let the athletic qb do what their good at doing.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 09-14-2020 at 12:40 AM.

our run defense is embarrassing, again. 99% of people watching the game knew Pats were going to run the ball more than pass, and yet the team couldn't even set the edges properly.

Wilkins flashed, which was nice to finally see. Baker was alright. Van Noy looked like the Van Noy from his DET days. Our secondary was not exposed too much. The OL did not get much push in the run game, but also didn't get Fitz killed, so that was nice to see.

I had decent expectations for the team in week 1,and was let down massively. maybe we can steal one against BUF in the heat and humidity of MIA, but doubt it

I really hope that this weeks offensive showing was just the Pats secondary really shutting us down. As long as the Pats have those main guys back there they'll always have a good front seven. But no one got any separation today at all. Geiscki and Parker I expect that from because thats just not their game, but I hoped for more from Grant Ford and Williams. On paper I really like this WR core, but on the field they just aren't working.

Cry because I know I should trade it but it would be tough to pass on Trevor.

But if we somehow end up with a top 10 pick, my dream is Parsons. Hes a stud pass rusher, freak in the run and just needs to develop in the passing game. You'd obviously be tempted to take Chase or Sewell, but I think Parsons fills the biggest need and might be the final piece on defense. We just desperately need speed at WR to make this scheme work.
    Neither MIA nor HOU will be the worst teams in the NFL this year. But MIA will end up with at minimum one top 10 pick, with best case scenario being two top 10 picks. But if we ever got #1, I'd trade Tua and draft Lawrence, hands down. It would be the ARZ/Josh Rosen scenario all over again and I'd give zero craps about it lol.

Parsons is legit. I think he goes top 5. Sewell would be amazing as well. But depending on how X plays this year, whether he is healthy or not, you might have to put Patty Surtain in the mix for our pick as well at CB.

Either way, I hope the HOU pick is higher than the MIA pick.

The thing with this draft, is at the moment theres really only 4 or 5 elite talents and then its all the same. And the worst part for us is 2 of them are QBs. So fingers crossed we get lucky and can snag Parsons, but I dont see it happening.

But hell, with the way Williams looked yesterday we might be drafting Waddle and Batemen in the first. WR is 100% the biggest need next to edge.

Side note: I know Baker had an impressive stat line, but I felt like he was still a major liability at times. The Cam TD and Harry fumble were great recoveries but he only needed to make those plays because he was out of position. He continues to just be a step slow in the passing game.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-14-2020 at 08:07 PM.

The thing with this draft, is at the moment theres really only 4 or 5 elite talents and then its all the same. And the worst part for us is 2 of them are QBs. So fingers crossed we get lucky and can snag Parsons, but I dont see it happening.

But hell, with the way Williams looked yesterday we might be drafting Waddle and Batemen in the first. WR is 100% the biggest need next to edge.

Side note: I know Baker had an impressive stat line, but I felt like he was still a major liability at times. The Cam TD and Harry fumble were great recoveries but he only needed to make those plays because he was out of position. He continues to just be a step slow in the passing game.
    Its pretty sad we're already delegated to thinking we're going to get a top 5 draft pick LOL

Baker was alright, but he made some bad angles on plays. Van Noy was not better. We have no legit run-stoppers in the LB unit now that MacMillan is gone. if our DL cannot stuff the holes, RBs will gain 4-5 ypc on us all year. Better tighten that crap up quick, cause Josh Allen is about to go nuts all over this D.

Cam running wild allowed for big holes in between the tackles...

Reggie Lewis

It's going to be hard for any team to stop cam and the pats running offense if they keep running him 15 times a game.

The pats dont care if cam gets injured, so it's a huge advantage for them, it's like biw shanny used rg3 his rookie year.

15 runs for a qb is crazy high.

You wouldnt do this if he was your long term franchise qb. But Pat's arent worried about that.

For long term stability this isnt a good approach, but for one season, it works. It will be effective as long as cam stays healthy for.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I said this before the he game but I expected bellichek to run cam non stop, basically the way Shanahan used rg3 his rookie year.

Keeping cam healthy isnt a priority, so theyll run him endlessly to win games and if he gets crushed they dont care.

It's an advantage for bellichek, because most teams wouldnt do that to their qb.

Well see how long cam lasts doing this.

Thia is the new nfl though. Go get a athletic qb, and let them run with the ball. This isnt the old nfl where teams are worried about their qb getting injured. Let the athletic qb do what their good at doing.
    I agree with this. Use and abuse Cam since they don't have much invested in him.

We basically have 9 new starters on defense. I will wait til after the JAX game before making a judgement. This team started off horribly last season and improved a lot as the season progressed, we can't wait that long this season but a 1-2 start with signs of improvement will go a long way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast