Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Week 1: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

First official day of practice. Parker is practicing today but has a compression sleeve on his hamstring.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

sports talk up here is talking about Cam going off like it was 2015 or something. I can see MIA getting 3-4 sacks and an INT in this game easily. Preston Williams is going to feast this week.

MIA - 26
    NE - 19

I feel like we should win this, but there's just so much turnover from last year. I know the Pats look completely different too but its hard to be confident early.

Sure feels like we constantly get the pats on the road right at the start of the season.

I expect new england to look WAY different with cam at qb. Cant imagine him running the same system brady did, so that offense could be full of surprises.

I expect him to run a lot. Bellichek isnt locked into him long term, I think he will let cam run it a ton.

Also will be interesting to see what cams arm looks like, it looked shot before. I dont imagine Edelman being a big part in that offense either, hes completely brady dependent, K'Neil would be the guy I'd keep an eye on.

If we can muster up 20+ points I think this game is very winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Sure feels like we constantly get the pats on the road right at the start of the season.

I expect new england to look WAY different with cam at qb. Cant imagine him running the same system brady did, so that offense could be full of surprises.

I expect him to run a lot. Bellichek isnt locked into him long term, I think he will let cam run it a ton.

Also will be interesting to see what cams arm looks like, it looked shot before. I dont imagine Edelman being a big part in that offense either, hes completely brady dependent, K'Neil would be the guy I'd keep an eye on.

If we can muster up 20+ points I think this game is very winnable.
    exactly why i think MIA wins this game. Newton was a FA for so long for a reason. He lost what he had. He will never be a good pocket QB, and without his wheels, he's a below average to average QB. Flores is going to make him throw it. Who is he going to throw it to? Edelman was Brady's go to . . . Harry is unproven. NE has no run game right now. If MIA gets a lead, its game over imo

I know this might sound weird, but I'm curious to see how Ford performs this week. He had a great game last year against them and Im curious if this guy can continue to develop into a good depth WR. Byron Jones was asked about Parker and Williams today and brought up Ford as a crafty route runner and good player as well. Feels like people really like him in the building.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-09-2020 at 05:04 PM.

injury report came out. Everyone participated but there are a few things to watch. Parker has a hamstrin (of course), Geiscki has a gluten injury, and Byron Jones has an Achilles injury (which might explain why he wasn't very impressive in camp).

You also had Williams limited with his knee but they've already said they're easing him back. So please God no punt returns. Tua was also listed as a full participant with his hip which scared the **** out of me when I first saw it because I thought something flared up.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I know this might sound weird, but I'm curious to see how Ford performs this week. He had a great game last year against them and Im curious if this guy can continue to develop into a good depth WR. Byron Jones was asked about Parker and Williams today and brought up Ford as a crafty route runner and good player as well. Feels like people really like him in the building.
    I was very impressed when I watched Ford last season. I thought he had starter potential.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    exactly why i think MIA wins this game. Newton was a FA for so long for a reason. He lost what he had. He will never be a good pocket QB, and without his wheels, he's a below average to average QB. Flores is going to make him throw it. Who is he going to throw it to? Edelman was Brady's go to . . . Harry is unproven. NE has no run game right now. If MIA gets a lead, its game over imo
    Ya I mostly agree w this.

But Pat's always find some bs way to win, like burning us with some dump off passes to white and burkhead or some nonsense like that.

We also have a lot of new players at almost every position during a shortened training camp with no pre-season.

Teams with a lot of roster coming back from last season have a big advantage this year, and that isnt us.

Byron Jones is Day to Day with the achilles injury. If this has been bothering for awhile I would be surprised if he didn't play. But Noah needs to be ready.

I know he's been good in camp so far, but Noah better be a star after watching CEH in KC. He makes that offense unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Byron Jones is Day to Day with the achilles injury. If this has been bothering for awhile I would be surprised if he didn't play. But Noah needs to be ready.

I know he's been good in camp so far, but Noah better be a star after watching CEH in KC. He makes that offense unbeatable.
    I think Iggy will be ready. He will most likely use his athleticism to try and win battles, which someone like Edelman can probably exploit. But this makes our DL and LB even more critical if Jones is out. You don't have the luxury of two lock down CBs back there right now, and you better get to Newton quick

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I think Iggy will be ready. He will most likely use his athleticism to try and win battles, which someone like Edelman can probably exploit. But this makes our DL and LB even more critical if Jones is out. You don't have the luxury of two lock down CBs back there right now, and you better get to Newton quick
    I really dont see the newton Edelman connection being anything to worry about.

Edelman and brady had immaculate timing and precision. Edelman without that really isnt that good.

And theres no way cam and Edelman can copy what what Edelman and brady had, that connection took years to build.

So Dolphins cornerbacks Xavien Howard and Byron Jones are expected to play Sunday's game against the Patriots. Only safety Clayton Fejedelem is listed as doubtful.

And Fejedelem is a special teams guy so seems we are healthy for this game. Although both X and Jones might play limited snaps depending on how they are feeling sunday.

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if we see a good rotation at CB. NE doesn't seem like the type of team that will spread us out this week so we can probably comfortably do it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast