Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Mine is a two-fer, it has to be the acquisition of Kwiatkowski and Littleton. We have been woefully bad at LB for like, forever and it was looonnnggg over due that this be addressed...
    I have been posting on this forum since Art Shell was the head coach. The defense has been trash almost every year and LB has been terrible for years.

You can go ahead and check this. The Raiders moved back to Oakland in 1995. From 1995 until last year - a span of 24 years and 25 seasons - their defense has been terrible. Epic, next level terrible.

25 seasons, the Raiders were in the top-10 for yards allowed in '96, '98 and '06. That's it. They were top 10 in points allowed '95, '96, '00 and '02.

Since 1995, the Raiders have only been in the top-10 in both categories once, in 1996.

Why? Some great DL, some great CB / S ... terrible LB play. Consistently terrible LB play. And year after year, it's like the franchise doesn't care.

Iím gonna tweak this. Iím going to add worst moves too.

Love:
    Kwaitkoski, McMillan, Collins, Arnette, Ruggs and Edwards!!!! Itís been too long since we had a good lb. I can remember a couple in the last 20 years. Romanowski(on the downswing of his career). And some ok ones like Kirk Morrison.(I like burfict too but his time is over). But we havenít had more than one good one. Now imo we have 3. McMillan is better than any lb we have had in recent history and he isnít even a starter. Lol

Bad moves:
    Mariota. No need to explain. We now are stuck with him riding the pine and the ir and making millions.
    Amukamara. Should have kept him for depth and being a vet. Didnít cost us much and heís better than what we have after Arnette and Mullen. Bad decision.
    Worst: Littleton. I said before we picked him up, I thought it was a bad idea to take a guy who canít stop the run at all but can only passdefend.(folks said I was nuts. I even was saying his name wrong to be a jerk. lol). Now he is rated as one of the worst lbs in the nfl. His pff rating is 32! Even morrow(who should be working at vons) is ranked 70. He canít stop the run and now he canít passdefend.
    What should we do about mr Littleton, gentlemen???????
    Last edited by Megatron; 10-19-2020 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    I like that they brought in Marinelli. The previous D line coach was fine, but Marinelli is great to have in case Guenther's defense fails to perform again. The defensive is improved at all 3 levels so we should see a big improvement. If there isn't, Guenther won't have to stick around the whole season.

I suspect some would like to reassess their responses now that Q1 of the season is just about in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    LBs
    Ruggs. He changes the dynamic of the game. Spreads the field and keeps safeties back. Booker should be used more. Avg 5.9 yards a carry. Not a bad pickup

Some will say lbs. I disagree. We SHOULD be good at lb. itís still a big problem. Littleton is our best lb and he is 97th in the nfl in tackles!!!! Thatís lbs primary job. Not to get ran over like morrow by rbs. Or disappear when we need them like Cory and kwaitkoski. If you donít think itís tackles then look at the tackles list for this year so far. All the top 25 guys are goood lbs. a lot we could have had. Liiike Blake Martinez who a lot of folks here said he wasnít good(even after having a season where he had 155 tackles and was a general of a good d). He has 43 so far this year in 4 games. Crap, even Kenneth Murray and Patrick queen are 17th and 18th in the nfl in tackles. Annnnd have many tfl. I think Abram is the only one not a dL to have a tfl. Our lbs are over rated right now and are bad. Teams are running right at Littleton and morrow and they canít stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I suspect some would like to reassess their responses now that Q1 of the season is just about in the books.
    Yep, I really thought CL and NK were going to be solid additions.

Just like everyone else we pick up their skills diminish as soon as they don the silver and black. The real black hole isnít in the south endzone in Oakland, itís on the Raiderís roster....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Yep, I really thought CL and NK were going to be solid additions.

Just like everyone else we pick up their skills diminish as soon as they don the silver and black. The real black hole isnít in the south endzone in Oakland, itís on the Raiderís roster....
    I kind of get the philosophy of DL and DB being more important. If like back in the day, we had a dominant DL with guys like Howie, Townsend, etc., and good DBs, you can make pedestrian LBs look good because the DL keeps the OL off of them, and the DBs help in both coverage and run support.

But right now our DL sucks against both run and pass. We're thin at CB due to injury. And we have a gaping hole at one S. I don't know if a Pro Bowl LB could come in and look good in this situation.

And then we have today.

This team is impossible to predict...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

And then we have today.

This team is impossible to predict...
    Push pull, push pull. Is this a team or a crazy ex?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    LBs and Collins at DT. We didnít have push up the middle. This guy is gonna be massive for us.
    Looks like this was a bust. Itís still early. Hopefully he can bounce back cause if he can bring what the numbers indicated he could (albeit in a rotational role), he could be a game changer. Sunday we got pressure up the middle and the defense was completely transformed.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Looks like this was a bust. Itís still early. Hopefully he can bounce back cause if he can bring what the numbers indicated he could (albeit in a rotational role), he could be a game changer. Sunday we got pressure up the middle and the defense was completely transformed.
    I wouldn't say bust just yet, still early. Kwi looks good, I would like Littleton and Collins to up their game though.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Moving to Vegas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12