Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,886

    What Was the Best Move the Raiders Have Made Since Last Season?

    While we all eagerly await the first game of the season, might as well take a minute to recognize the best decisions made by Gruden and Mayock since last year to make this team better. I realize a certain measure of speculation is involved here, since we don't know how the players will perform, but go with your gut and share with us your thoughts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,385
    Mine is a two-fer, it has to be the acquisition of Kwiatkowski and Littleton. We have been woefully bad at LB for like, forever and it was looonnnggg over due that this be addressed...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,203
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Mine is a two-fer, it has to be the acquisition of Kwiatkowski and Littleton. We have been woefully bad at LB for like, forever and it was looonnnggg over due that this be addressed...
    Yep, Our LB crew wasn't that good. Let's hope this pans out on the field.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,595
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    While we all eagerly await the first game of the season, might as well take a minute to recognize the best decisions made by Gruden and Mayock since last year to make this team better. I realize a certain measure of speculation is involved here, since we don't know how the players will perform, but go with your gut and share with us your thoughts.
    LBs

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,852
    LBs and Collins at DT. We didnít have push up the middle. This guy is gonna be massive for us.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,595
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    LBs and Collins at DT. We didnít have push up the middle. This guy is gonna be massive for us.
    I concur.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,184
    I'll have to go with linebacker too. We haven't had a good corps of LBs in ten years.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    LBs and Collins at DT. We didnít have push up the middle. This guy is gonna be massive for us.
    I agree with this as well, but if I have to choose just one I will go with Littleton. We desperately needed to increase the team speed on defense and Littleton brings that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,428
    Drafting receiver early, twice. Still kinda bummed we passed on Lamb for Ruggs but drafting Edwards and Ruggs will be huge for this offense. Losing Tyrell Williams for the year was a big blow but I think Edwards will surprise many people

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    481
    I like that they brought in Marinelli. The previous D line coach was fine, but Marinelli is great to have in case Guenther's defense fails to perform again. The defensive is improved at all 3 levels so we should see a big improvement. If there isn't, Guenther won't have to stick around the whole season.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    17,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Drafting receiver early, twice. Still kinda bummed we passed on Lamb for Ruggs but drafting Edwards and Ruggs will be huge for this offense. Losing Tyrell Williams for the year was a big blow but I think Edwards will surprise many people
    Its funny Edwards has such a huge buzz around the league currently. I probably see more twitter posts talking about Edwards more then Ruggs. Im really excited for this pair.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,428
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Its funny Edwards has such a huge buzz around the league currently. I probably see more twitter posts talking about Edwards more then Ruggs. Im really excited for this pair.
    I was pounding the table for him in the draft thread. Dude was a steal in the 3rd. I couldn't believe we drafted him to be honest with you

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,839
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Mine is a two-fer, it has to be the acquisition of Kwiatkowski and Littleton. We have been woefully bad at LB for like, forever and it was looonnnggg over due that this be addressed...
    That's two good ones to go with and I can't argue with those two picks. I'm going on the offensive side of the ball and going WR's. The team has needed playmakers for a long time at the WR position. Drafting Ruggs and Edwards will make this offense hum along with 3rd and Renfrow, Waller, Jacobs, etc....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,740
    Having Modelo beer as the main sponsor in the stadium.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I was pounding the table for him in the draft thread. Dude was a steal in the 3rd. I couldn't believe we drafted him to be honest with you
    Haha. So was I. When they announced Bowden I thought there was no way weíd get Edwards. Was shocked we got him still. Not saying heís our best move, but heís the one I liked the best.

    I think weíll have to wait for at least one game before we say any move was good.

    Iíll say Iím not sure if we even considered cam, but that could end up being a bad non-move. Right now mariota over cam looks... questionable. Again, realizing it might not have even been an option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •