Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Was the Best Move the Raiders Have Made Since Last Season?

While we all eagerly await the first game of the season, might as well take a minute to recognize the best decisions made by Gruden and Mayock since last year to make this team better. I realize a certain measure of speculation is involved here, since we don't know how the players will perform, but go with your gut and share with us your thoughts.

Mine is a two-fer, it has to be the acquisition of Kwiatkowski and Littleton. We have been woefully bad at LB for like, forever and it was looonnnggg over due that this be addressed...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Mine is a two-fer, it has to be the acquisition of Kwiatkowski and Littleton. We have been woefully bad at LB for like, forever and it was looonnnggg over due that this be addressed...
    Yep, Our LB crew wasn't that good. Let's hope this pans out on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    While we all eagerly await the first game of the season, might as well take a minute to recognize the best decisions made by Gruden and Mayock since last year to make this team better. I realize a certain measure of speculation is involved here, since we don't know how the players will perform, but go with your gut and share with us your thoughts.
    LBs

"...prone to stoogery.".

LBs and Collins at DT. We didnít have push up the middle. This guy is gonna be massive for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    LBs and Collins at DT. We didnít have push up the middle. This guy is gonna be massive for us.
    I concur.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I'll have to go with linebacker too. We haven't had a good corps of LBs in ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I agree with this as well, but if I have to choose just one I will go with Littleton. We desperately needed to increase the team speed on defense and Littleton brings that.

Drafting receiver early, twice. Still kinda bummed we passed on Lamb for Ruggs but drafting Edwards and Ruggs will be huge for this offense. Losing Tyrell Williams for the year was a big blow but I think Edwards will surprise many people

I like that they brought in Marinelli. The previous D line coach was fine, but Marinelli is great to have in case Guenther's defense fails to perform again. The defensive is improved at all 3 levels so we should see a big improvement. If there isn't, Guenther won't have to stick around the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Drafting receiver early, twice. Still kinda bummed we passed on Lamb for Ruggs but drafting Edwards and Ruggs will be huge for this offense. Losing Tyrell Williams for the year was a big blow but I think Edwards will surprise many people
    Its funny Edwards has such a huge buzz around the league currently. I probably see more twitter posts talking about Edwards more then Ruggs. Im really excited for this pair.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Its funny Edwards has such a huge buzz around the league currently. I probably see more twitter posts talking about Edwards more then Ruggs. Im really excited for this pair.
    I was pounding the table for him in the draft thread. Dude was a steal in the 3rd. I couldn't believe we drafted him to be honest with you

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    That's two good ones to go with and I can't argue with those two picks. I'm going on the offensive side of the ball and going WR's. The team has needed playmakers for a long time at the WR position. Drafting Ruggs and Edwards will make this offense hum along with 3rd and Renfrow, Waller, Jacobs, etc....

Having Modelo beer as the main sponsor in the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I was pounding the table for him in the draft thread. Dude was a steal in the 3rd. I couldn't believe we drafted him to be honest with you
    Haha. So was I. When they announced Bowden I thought there was no way weíd get Edwards. Was shocked we got him still. Not saying heís our best move, but heís the one I liked the best.

I think weíll have to wait for at least one game before we say any move was good.

Iíll say Iím not sure if we even considered cam, but that could end up being a bad non-move. Right now mariota over cam looks... questionable. Again, realizing it might not have even been an option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast