Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Ngakoue only played 56% of the snaps. No Hunter. Our interior DL already doesnít have any pass rushers. Itís going to be tough going on defense until Hunter is back and Ngakoue gets back into playing shape.

I canít find the tweet but I read Rodgers expected completion percentage was 58%. Not positive but I think that is suggesting our coverage was a little better than it appeared. Better days should be ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I would strongly disagree with the bold statement but would agree that statistically 34 points is usually enough to win . Kirk Cousins went 3 of 5 for only 54 yards with no touchdowns and an interception in the first half of the game and Cook had only like 18 yards rushing. Once Green Bay was up 19 (29-10) in the third quarter they started playing prevent which opened things up for Kirk. If they had not switched their defense up to keep the ball in front of them then I imagine the *** kicking would have been even worse.
    Good points and you're probably right. Regardless it was probably a good thing since it did give our offense at least some good positive reps even though it may have been against a less than aggressive defense. Stefanski made it a point to get Kirk in his strengths with the PA passes and I think Kirk only attempted 4 passes in that set. He went 4/4 with 2 TD's if I recall reading that correctly.

Kubs needs to keep that in mind as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Sunday can't get here quick enough.

T-bone steak

Loaded potatoes

Garlic bread

And a big pitcher of sweet ice tea with lemon while watching the Vikes kick ***. Skol!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    Can't wait for this!!! Rodgers gets hurt early and Jordan Love comes in and gets a rude welcoming to the NFL from our D.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Honestly not shocked with this outcome though our defense was A LOT worse that anyone could have imagined.

Here is what I have to say...sell sell sell on the GB being this good and the Vikings defense being this bad.

Our defense will get better but it's going to take some time. 4 weeks to be exact. Everyone was bad on the defense outside of maybe Kendricks.

3 new starters on the DL. 3 new starters in the CB group. Yannick hasn't practiced at all until he was traded to us. If we can survive with a 2-2 in these first 4 we will be fine. Anything less than that might be too hard to overcome this year.

Regardless, I was going into the season with this being a soft rebuild anyways. Where we sacrifice a little this year to be better next year and the year after.

Some positives...OL played pretty good for the most part. Kirk moved more in the pocket. Running lanes were good. Overall our offense played good enough to win most games.

The bad...the entire defense was trash. Shamar Stephen led the way with the most pressures and he is absolutely terrible at rushing the passer. The pass defense was terrible but I thought Dantzler played alright. He was close on coverage a few times, just good throw/catch.

It was very obvious having no fans greatly benefited Rodgers. Not saying there would have been a different outcome but going from 3 TD's in previous 4 at MN to 4 in one game is not a coincidence.

Reminder in 2018 our defense was trash for the first 3-4 games if I recall. After that they got things ironed out and buckled down. Unlike one particular poster...I have all the faith in our coaching they can build off this. For one, it can't get much worse lol.
    I thought this was a win now season for the Vikings. Does Zimmer get another chance if the team falters badly or is he gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    I thought this was a win now season for the Vikings. Does Zimmer get another chance if the team falters badly or is he gone?
    They just extended Zimmer for three more years so he will most likely be here until 2023. My guess is that he will be here all three years no matter how badly he falters.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Good points and you're probably right. Regardless it was probably a good thing since it did give our offense at least some good positive reps even though it may have been against a less than aggressive defense. Stefanski made it a point to get Kirk in his strengths with the PA passes and I think Kirk only attempted 4 passes in that set. He went 4/4 with 2 TD's if I recall reading that correctly.
    I completely agree. It was definitely a positive for Kirk and the rest of the offense to get those reps (Even against the Packers soft D). Especially without having a preseason to knock the rust off. It also made the total domination by the Packers look a lot less egregious.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

This team is a mess, much like the NFL itself. We paid Kirk way more than he's worth and it will handcuff this team until he's gone. By then Rick, Zimmer and everyone else should be fired too. If we can't score 40 a game we're a 5-11 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    I don't think this will be a win now season. I was thinking something like 8-8. This team has tons of talent but lacks experience. I could see results anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5, depending how quickly the young guys get up to speed. Considering the wide range I just go with 8-8 lol Considering the amount of veterans we lost and how inexperienced this team will be it's hard to expect this to be a win now season. I think the moves the team made we're geared towards a quick rebuild. 10 rookies made the team, extending Cousins, trading for Ngakoue, extending Cook, and their projected to have 11 picks next year. Everything points towards the future. I'm just hoping to see these young players develop.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I don't think this will be a win now season. I was thinking something like 8-8. This team has tons of talent but lacks experience. I could see results anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5, depending how quickly the young guys get up to speed. Considering the wide range I just go with 8-8 lol Considering the amount of veterans we lost and how inexperienced this team will be it's hard to expect this to be a win now season. I think the moves the team made we're geared towards a quick rebuild. 10 rookies made the team, extending Cousins, trading for Ngakoue, extending Cook, and their projected to have 11 picks next year. Everything points towards the future. I'm just hoping to see these young players develop.
    A season in which we were really going to be counting on a lot of young guys to take that next step and then to have essentially all off season training cancelled absolutely hurts us. I would not be surprised to see us get off to a really slow start and then take off towards the end of the season. But just what kind of hole will we need to dig out of? We just need to tread water and we can have a shot otherwise lets bank on that low pick and get the QB of the future.

A season in which we were really going to be counting on a lot of young guys to take that next step and then to have essentially all off season training cancelled absolutely hurts us. I would not be surprised to see us get off to a really slow start and then take off towards the end of the season. But just what kind of hole will we need to dig out of? We just need to tread water and we can have a shot otherwise lets bank on that low pick and get the QB of the future.
    A down season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 2015 the Ravens slumped to 5-11 after a string of winning seasons and ended up getting Ronnie Stanley. The draft next year has 3 legit QB prospects plus a few studs like Ja'Marr Chase, Micah Parsons, and Penei Sewell. Alex Leatherwood and Wyatt Davis are two OL who should go pretty high as well. Good chance to add a stud prospect to our OL.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

A down season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 2015 the Ravens slumped to 5-11 after a string of winning seasons and ended up getting Ronnie Stanley. The draft next year has 3 legit QB prospects plus a few studs like Ja'Marr Chase, Micah Parsons, and Penei Sewell. Alex Leatherwood and Wyatt Davis are two OL who should go pretty high as well. Good chance to add a stud prospect to our OL.
    I completely agree. If we could land one of those top 3 QB prospects, the franchise could be set for the next 10 to 15 years. I'd be willing to sacrifice this year for that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I completely agree. If we could land one of those top 3 QB prospects, the franchise could be set for the next 10 to 15 years. I'd be willing to sacrifice this year for that chance.
    Only go at those guys if we have no shot at any of the top 3 QB's. Obviously Lawrence will the #1 pick and Fields will be a #2 or #3 depending on the team. Lance from my understanding is a for sure top 10, so he could easily go #3, again depending on who is picking where. I could see the Bengals picking in the top 5 again but they won't go QB.

They year we had the #3 pick and got Kalil which on surface was a good pick but we missed out on Luck and Griffen. Now those two guys didn't have the long term success for obvious reasons, mostly health related but they were good. I think Luck would have gotten that SB eventually.

Only go at those guys if we have no shot at any of the top 3 QB's. Obviously Lawrence will the #1 pick and Fields will be a #2 or #3 depending on the team. Lance from my understanding is a for sure top 10, so he could easily go #3, again depending on who is picking where. I could see the Bengals picking in the top 5 again but they won't go QB.

They year we had the #3 pick and got Kalil which on surface was a good pick but we missed out on Luck and Griffen. Now those two guys didn't have the long term success for obvious reasons, mostly health related but they were good. I think Luck would have gotten that SB eventually.
    I don't think we'll be bad enough to get a QB but getting a pick around the top 10 would still give us a chance at a stud player. The top of the draft next year looks very promising, especially along the OL.
    2020 Vikings Draft: