Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,353
    I only saw Yannick once. I know heís barely practiced but still. Really need Hunter back. Young secondary with little experience so I would think itíll get better going forward. Really rough start, though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    5,114
    I'm halfway between "weird year, didn't have a pre-season, CBs just need a little experience" and "burn it all to the ground, this team can't win, draft a QB next year and plan the rebuild".

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    5,114
    One more grievance I need to share... I feel like our defense used to have that chip, play with an edge, etc. Now I see GB playing with that while our defenders are going out of their way to help up the other team and fix their jerseys. They need to start playing mean again and it's insanely frustrating to watch.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,683
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    One more grievance I need to share... I feel like our defense used to have that chip, play with an edge, etc. Now I see GB playing with that while our defenders are going out of their way to help up the other team and fix their jerseys. They need to start playing mean again and it's insanely frustrating to watch.
    I feel like this could be applied to the entire team and not just the defense. The team just appeared soft and like they didn't want it bad enough. If the team can't get amped up to play the Packers then we have some serious issues.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,683
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I'm halfway between "weird year, didn't have a pre-season, CBs just need a little experience" and "burn it all to the ground, this team can't win, draft a QB next year and plan the rebuild".
    Being absolutely owned in ever facet of the game by our biggest rival is unacceptable and if that type of play continues then it's time to draft a QB with our top 5 pick and rebuild. We are honestly lucky we didn't get humiliated even more than we did. I feel like they could have scored at least 60 on us if their WRs didn't drop so many passes.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I feel like this could be applied to the entire team and not just the defense. The team just appeared soft and like they didn't want it bad enough. If the team can't get amped up to play the Packers then we have some serious issues.
    I need to see how they adjust next week before freaking out. Hard not to factor in the impact of no fans. A stadium that would typically be defining and vibrating seemed silent. Rodgers able to take his time and snap the ball with 0:01 on the play clock every play and everyone on offense having literally no issue hearing snap counts and everything makes a huge difference.

    just need to have some faith in the coaching staff.

    I had to watch at a bar and didn't have a great view of individual performances
    It appeared to me that Mike Hughes really struggled. Did he or was I just noticing him more.
    How did the guards perform? Didn't seem to notice Elflien as much as I expected.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,639
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I need to see how they adjust next week before freaking out. Hard not to factor in the impact of no fans. A stadium that would typically be defining and vibrating seemed silent. Rodgers able to take his time and snap the ball with 0:01 on the play clock every play and everyone on offense having literally no issue hearing snap counts and everything makes a huge difference.

    just need to have some faith in the coaching staff.

    I had to watch at a bar and didn't have a great view of individual performances
    It appeared to me that Mike Hughes really struggled. Did he or was I just noticing him more.
    How did the guards perform? Didn't seem to notice Elflien as much as I expected.
    Need to have faith in the coaching staff? Iím staying off that train.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,683
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I need to see how they adjust next week before freaking out. Hard not to factor in the impact of no fans. A stadium that would typically be defining and vibrating seemed silent. Rodgers able to take his time and snap the ball with 0:01 on the play clock every play and everyone on offense having literally no issue hearing snap counts and everything makes a huge difference.

    just need to have some faith in the coaching staff.

    I had to watch at a bar and didn't have a great view of individual performances
    It appeared to me that Mike Hughes really struggled. Did he or was I just noticing him more.
    How did the guards perform? Didn't seem to notice Elflien as much as I expected.
    The lack of fans in the stadium definitely had an impact on the game but I am also concerned with the lack of pressure on Rodgers. I understand not having Hunter hurt the defense but pressuring Rodgers on just seven of 44 dropbacks, including 18 straight without registering a pressure is absolutely unacceptable.

    The Vikings play a super difficult schedule this year which includes playing QBs like Brees, Rodgers (Twice), Brady, Ryan, Wilson, Prescott and Watson to name a few, so the defense better get used to not having the crowd behind them and QBs hearing snap counts. If not, then we can expect 15 more games like we watched yesterday.

    My faith in this coaching staff is very limited to be honest. I understand that Zimmer has won a bunch of regular season games (Most against sub par teams) but he hasn't shown me much when it counts. This team has showed up to way too many big games unprepared to have my blind faith. If Zimmer wins a Super Bowl here then I'll change my tune. Until then, they have to earn my faith by winning some important games, especially against divisional opponents not named the Lions.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,683
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Need to have faith in the coaching staff? Iím staying off that train.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the laugh Carter. I needed it
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    99
    Going off the first game our D line had no pressure, our corners suck, our O line is bad (we all know), and I am still not a huge Cousins fan!!!!!!! Long, long, long season. Maybe 500?????

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,292
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Being absolutely owned in ever facet of the game by our biggest rival is unacceptable and if that type of play continues then it's time to draft a QB with our top 5 pick and rebuild. We are honestly lucky we didn't get humiliated even more than we did. I feel like they could have scored at least 60 on us if their WRs didn't drop so many passes.
    The annihilated us yesterday. That game was nowhere near as close as the final score suggests lol. We got smoked.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,371
    Honestly not shocked with this outcome though our defense was A LOT worse that anyone could have imagined.

    Here is what I have to say...sell sell sell on the GB being this good and the Vikings defense being this bad.

    Our defense will get better but it's going to take some time. 4 weeks to be exact. Everyone was bad on the defense outside of maybe Kendricks.

    3 new starters on the DL. 3 new starters in the CB group. Yannick hasn't practiced at all until he was traded to us. If we can survive with a 2-2 in these first 4 we will be fine. Anything less than that might be too hard to overcome this year.

    Regardless, I was going into the season with this being a soft rebuild anyways. Where we sacrifice a little this year to be better next year and the year after.

    Some positives...OL played pretty good for the most part. Kirk moved more in the pocket. Running lanes were good. Overall our offense played good enough to win most games.

    The bad...the entire defense was trash. Shamar Stephen led the way with the most pressures and he is absolutely terrible at rushing the passer. The pass defense was terrible but I thought Dantzler played alright. He was close on coverage a few times, just good throw/catch.

    It was very obvious having no fans greatly benefited Rodgers. Not saying there would have been a different outcome but going from 3 TD's in previous 4 at MN to 4 in one game is not a coincidence.

    Reminder in 2018 our defense was trash for the first 3-4 games if I recall. After that they got things ironed out and buckled down. Unlike one particular poster...I have all the faith in our coaching they can build off this. For one, it can't get much worse lol.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,371
    With all of this being said...I'm still on the Tank for Trevor band wagon or even the Fail for Fields band wagon. Hell give me Trey Lance in the top 10 lol. If there was a year to be bad, this year might not be the worse time to do it.

    I don't care if Kirk is on contract...you have a chance to draft any of those guys you do it.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,683
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Honestly not shocked with this outcome though our defense was A LOT worse that anyone could have imagined.

    Here is what I have to say...sell sell sell on the GB being this good and the Vikings defense being this bad.

    Our defense will get better but it's going to take some time. 4 weeks to be exact. Everyone was bad on the defense outside of maybe Kendricks.

    3 new starters on the DL. 3 new starters in the CB group. Yannick hasn't practiced at all until he was traded to us. If we can survive with a 2-2 in these first 4 we will be fine. Anything less than that might be too hard to overcome this year.

    Regardless, I was going into the season with this being a soft rebuild anyways. Where we sacrifice a little this year to be better next year and the year after.

    Some positives...OL played pretty good for the most part. Kirk moved more in the pocket. Running lanes were good. Overall our offense played good enough to win most games.

    The bad...the entire defense was trash. Shamar Stephen led the way with the most pressures and he is absolutely terrible at rushing the passer. The pass defense was terrible but I thought Dantzler played alright. He was close on coverage a few times, just good throw/catch.

    It was very obvious having no fans greatly benefited Rodgers. Not saying there would have been a different outcome but going from 3 TD's in previous 4 at MN to 4 in one game is not a coincidence.

    Reminder in 2018 our defense was trash for the first 3-4 games if I recall. After that they got things ironed out and buckled down. Unlike one particular poster...I have all the faith in our coaching they can build off this. For one, it can't get much worse lol.
    I would strongly disagree with the bold statement but would agree that statistically 34 points is usually enough to win . Kirk Cousins went 3 of 5 for only 54 yards with no touchdowns and an interception in the first half of the game and Cook had only like 18 yards rushing. Once Green Bay was up 19 (29-10) in the third quarter they started playing prevent which opened things up for Kirk. If they had not switched their defense up to keep the ball in front of them then I imagine the *** kicking would have been even worse.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I would strongly disagree with the bold statement but would agree that statistically 34 points is usually enough to win . Kirk Cousins went 3 of 5 for only 54 yards with no touchdowns and an interception in the first half of the game and Cook had only like 18 yards rushing. Once Green Bay was up 19 (29-10) in the third quarter they started playing prevent which opened things up for Kirk. If they had not switched their defense up to keep the ball in front of them then I imagine the *** kicking would have been even worse.
    Valdez dropped two easy passes that would've probably led anywhere from 3-14 points.. So yeah, it would've been even more of a blow out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •