Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I was impressed with the offense. MLF had a really good day calling plays. I didn't like the end of the first drive, he did a couple gadget plays in a row once they got into the redzone but other than that the offense looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    What game did you watch? The Vikings couldn't cover anybody.
    might want to look at the timestamp and then realize when the post was made... also our guys dropped some balls that were touchdowns but outside of the big play we had a ton of trouble offensively moving the ball outside of those big plays with guys not getting open. The big play is nice esp when we have like 4 of them but its not going to work week in and week out.

Dont give me the score crap... this offense was not as great as that score indicates today... not even close

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    might want to look at the timestamp and then realize when the post was made... also our guys dropped some balls that were touchdowns but outside of the big play we had a ton of trouble offensively moving the ball outside of those big plays with guys not getting open. The big play is nice esp when we have like 4 of them but its not going to work week in and week out.

Dont give me the score crap... this offense was not as great as that score indicates today... not even close
    The time of the post doesn't matter. Watching the game yesterday there was never a point where guys weren't getting open.

The offense was great yesterday. About as balanced as it gets. 500 yards of offense, almost 5 yards per carry on the ground.

The time of the post doesn't matter. Watching the game yesterday there was never a point where guys weren't getting open.

The offense was great yesterday. About as balanced as it gets. 500 yards of offense, almost 5 yards per carry on the ground.
    Exactly. The vikings defense is bad, espeically without hunter and with Yannick still working into shape. But the offense looked great. We punted 1 time all game and it was due to a bad drop.

I didn't love the playcalling at the goalline early. MLF always seems to get too cute at the goalline. But other than that, it's tough to argue with the offense too much. We had 2 OL get hurt and 1 starter was inactive and we still put up that offensive performance.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    The fact he was ruled "out" almost instantly is usually a bad sign. Usually it takes a few possessions before you get the out label but his was a few plays. The way everyone talked to him as he rode off and the way MLF and Arod talked about him after the game seems to indicate that everyone is assuming it's pretty serious.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The fact he was ruled "out" almost instantly is usually a bad sign. Usually it takes a few possessions before you get the out label but his was a few plays. The way everyone talked to him as he rode off and the way MLF and Arod talked about him after the game seems to indicate that everyone is assuming it's pretty serious.
    I thought you could see something pop in his knee in the slow motion video. He's definitely done for the year.

I would expect Turner to come back to RG and Wagner to RT. I would sign Veldheer immediately and really thought he should have already been on the team.

I would expect Turner to come back to RG and Wagner to RT. I would sign Veldheer immediately and really thought he should have already been on the team.
    I'd mostly agree with this. Most likely what will happen.

But there have been questions if Veldheer wants to play, he basically had hung up the cleats before they pull him out of retirement. So it could be why he hasn't signed yet. They did have Justin Britt in for a workout. So wouldn't write off maybe him being called up too.

It's tough seeing Taylor work his way back to starting then see his Packers career essentially like this.

I think yesterday was the first time in like 2 years, maybe not exactly, the Packers had 3 receivers over 60 rec yards. Randall Cobb was still in a Packers uniform at that point. They've certainly played worst defenses in that span. I think we got a good look at the roles for the top 3 WR's.

I think what was most promising is some of the various looks. Sure there is room to grow, but Rodgers has confidence in at least 3 of his receivers.

Really like the RB group. They were solid as a unit, but Jones looked like Jones. Williams did Williams things, he is what he is. Really liked some of the looks from Tyler Ervin. Really agreeing with some of you guys on him. Some good runs from him. Even Dillon had a few good looks. Sounds like they are marinating him early in the season though, but if Jones, Williams, Ervin. Would have like to see a look of Dillon on a few short yard situations, but can't really complain.

I also don't expect the TE's to be irrelevant all season either. However, it seemed to me like they were really using the TE's mostly as a blocker. May have been this particular game plan. Tonyan was out there the most. Lewis as well. Deguara had some nice blocks one of which opened a bigger play for Lazard.

Though he didn't play the whole game there, Jenkins looked like he could handle RT. I think simply put the dude is talented.

Some bad note from this game one was there were drops no question. The injuries, Patricks shoulder injury not sure how serious, but early reports have him a go for next week. Clark had a groin injury, so more than likely they will be very cautious against having him play vs. Detroit.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 09-14-2020 at 12:39 PM.

the biggest take away is rodgers balls dropped again... he would not have risked the throws he risked yesterday last year or the year before.

LaFleur confirmed its a knee injury but, didn't say what kind of knee injury just that Taylor is out for the year.

Also, should probably give a shout out to Keys Barnes. Dude had 7 tackles on 15 snaps including 2 TFL and was signed to the roster on the day of the game. Phenomenal job by him in that regard. It's definitely concerning that summers and Burks couldn't beat him out, but maybe hell be a surprisingly okay player. He made a heck of a play to stay home on that one Cook screen that would have gone for a huge gain if he bit.

Definitely commend his effort but still a concerning look at the state of this ILB group that we risked him getting signed only to have him start.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Also, should probably give a shout out to Keys Barnes. Dude had 7 tackles on 15 snaps including 2 TFL and was signed to the roster on the day of the game. Phenomenal job by him in that regard. It's definitely concerning that summers and Burks couldn't beat him out, but maybe hell be a surprisingly okay player. He made a heck of a play to stay home on that one Cook screen that would have gone for a huge gain if he bit.

Definitely commend his effort but still a concerning look at the state of this ILB group that we risked him getting signed only to have him start.
    I know this is nothing unusual for Burks but, I think he has some kind of injury so its not hard to believe someone else beat him out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123