Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Another down:
    Ashtyn Davis on STs returns, keep your feet on the ground (that hit looked brutal).

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Just watched the post game. Gase is such a tool. Once again, he takes no accountability for anything but Bells injury.
    No accountability for the Offense or the mistakes or anything.

I love Bart Scott. He kind of shredded him

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Just watched the post game. Gase is such a tool. Once again, he takes no accountability for anything but Bells injury.
    No accountability for the Offense or the mistakes or anything.

I love Bart Scott. He kind of shredded him
    Speaking of the post game, how much do you miss Ray Lucas? I thought Bart was ok, but Ray would have really tore into them.

Totally agree with Gase, he always starts his post games like this .... "um, injuries....blah, blah blah".... the guy has zero personality. I actually met his wife and his mother in law at a diner in Jersey City when the Broncos were in the SuperBowl. She seemed like a very nice person...little did I know then how much I would grow to hate her husband!

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Another down:
    Ashtyn Davis on STs returns, keep your feet on the ground (that hit looked brutal).
    Haha yes. That play struck me as a rookie trying to show out on his first big opportunity in the league. Still pretty stoked for this kidís potential and versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Haha yes. That play struck me as a rookie trying to show out on his first big opportunity in the league. Still pretty stoked for this kidís potential and versatility.
    100%
    He was hyped when he touched the football.

He took off and lept like he was superman, but landed like he was the greatest american hero.

......."believe it or not, I'm walking on air, I never thought I could be so freeeeeeeee..."

Iíll say this for Ashtyn... I specifically noticed that immediately following the play (when he still thought he lost the fumble), he bounced up, clapped his hands together, and hd this demeanor that screamed ďno sweat, I got em next time.Ē Really like that attitude, especially in young dudes on the team.

My MMQB assessment:

No real preseason and string of injuries showed in major form yesterday... nevertheless, we looked like the most inept team in the league, and everyone is under similar circumstances this year. We were just not prepared in any sense. That falls on Gase and the coaches.

That said, hoo boy, Sam did not look like he had a handle at all yesterday. Yes, the weapons are nonexistent. Yes, the play calling is gase-ian. But Sam was off with throws and just made boneheaded plays all game (not running and throwing that INT... taking that sack near the sideline). The things he CAN control, he did not control yesterday.

Maye is a gangster. Poole ainít shabby either. Go Gators.

Is Desir gonna be a much cheaper Trumaine? Not a great start to his jets tenure...

Bless, on the other hand, looks like a viable NFL starting CB. Probably not a stud, but definitely good enough.

Pass rush was nonexistent. Nothing else to really say about that.

My MMQB assessment:

No real preseason and string of injuries showed in major form yesterday... nevertheless, we looked like the most inept team in the league, and everyone is under similar circumstances this year. We were just not prepared in any sense. That falls on Gase and the coaches.

That said, hoo boy, Sam did not look like he had a handle at all yesterday. Yes, the weapons are nonexistent. Yes, the play calling is gase-ian. But Sam was off with throws and just made boneheaded plays all game (not running and throwing that INT... taking that sack near the sideline). The things he CAN control, he did not control yesterday.

Is Desir gonna be a much cheaper Trumaine? Not a great start to his jets tenure...

Bless, on the other hand, looks like a viable NFL starting CB. Probably not a stud, but definitely good enough.

Agree with everything, except I donít think Desir practiced much if at all

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Agree with everything, except I donít think Desir practiced much if at all
    Practice or no practice he stinks

!!!

My MMQB assessment:

This could be the worst performance I've ever seen by the Jets. And that's an incredibly low bar to crawl under.

Our worst fears about Darnold are being realized. The organization has taken an excellent talent and ruined it. I can't put this loss on Darnold, at all. The Jets have given him absolutely zero to work with. But that's the problem, how can you develop normally if there's nothing to work with.

I am not a big Josh Allen fan. But his receivers were so wide open so that he can lob passes for completions. He was facing a defense with no pass rush, can't tackle, and routinely gives his receivers ten yard cushions. Allen runs too much and he and guys like Lamar Jackson are going to find out soon enough why NFL teams traditionally haven't had running quarterbacks. They just don't last. The good news is that running quarterbacks coming out of college are a dime a dozen these days and when they inevitably go down, there will be another to take their place.

Meanwhile with Darnold, on the other hand, he has people in his face immediately, never has a receiver that has an inch of separation, and has a joke of a running game to try to work off of.
    It's unfair to judge him when there is nothing remotely normal about the situation he has been put in. Unfortunately for Darnold, because he's forced to be in continual panic mode, the window on him developing into anything is quickly closing. By the end of this year, he'll be in Josh Rosen territory. Damaged goods with a lot of talent that will take years to be brought back up to speed.
    Rosen and Darnold have the talent to have a future in this league, but neither one of them has been allowed to develop at all as of yet and will be starting at ground zero if they ever find a decent situation. Rosen may have gotten lucky with Tampa picking him up. He may be able to develop behind Brady for a couple of seasons. No such luck for Darnold at this point. I see zero chance of him improving inside this disaster.

As for the rest of the team. Joe Douglas will be earning his money trying to dig the Jets out of this trough. There's just so much Greg Williams can do with no talent on hand. I'm having a hard time understanding the Quinnen Williams hype last year. The guy is undersized for a nose tackle. That's two and a half strikes against him right there.

Nothing much you can say about the offense. A meaningful first down is cause for celebration. It doesn't look like the offensive line is better than last year and may actually be worse, which, in itself, is hard to believe.

I am. not fooling myself into thinking this team is good.
    But, it was game 1. There was no preseason.

Williams does have some talent on D. The only piece missing from last year is Adams and Maye stepped up. Our CBs are better, even if Desir played like De'mam, the others are better than last year.
    Run. D looked great.

Offensively, the line will get better. None of these guys have played together. They won't be world beaters but I expect decent improvement. ( If Gase wants to impress, there should be significant improvement.)

I know we will continue to say, Sam has no weapons. At what point can you say a good QB makes his weapons better? I am not saying he's at that point.
    I repeat, I am not saying he's at that point.

But at some point, you have to look at both parts of the equation and while it's an infinitesimal sample size, Robbie Anderson had a ridiculous game. Many suggested that he wasn't a legit weapon. He sure looked like it Sunday

The point is, we complained about the Jets protecting Sanchez and holding him back. They are not doing that with Sam. Weapons or no weapons, his throws were off and he made piss poor decisions.
    He's young but I have not seen a ton of change. In part that has to do with coaching and the change from Bowles to Gase but now this is his second year under the same coach and system. I expect a slowish start but he needs a very strong finish IMO, to be considered legit.

If Sam plays like he did Sunday, he is not the franchise QB.

Gase sucks.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    This could be the worst performance I've ever seen by the Jets. And that's an incredibly low bar to crawl under.

Our worst fears about Darnold are being realized. The organization has taken an excellent talent and ruined it. I can't put this loss on Darnold, at all. The Jets have given him absolutely zero to work with. But that's the problem, how can you develop normally if there's nothing to work with.

I am not a big Josh Allen fan. But his receivers were so wide open so that he can lob passes for completions. He was facing a defense with no pass rush, can't tackle, and routinely gives his receivers ten yard cushions. Allen runs too much and he and guys like Lamar Jackson are going to find out soon enough why NFL teams traditionally haven't had running quarterbacks. They just don't last. The good news is that running quarterbacks coming out of college are a dime a dozen these days and when they inevitably go down, there will be another to take their place.

Meanwhile with Darnold, on the other hand, he has people in his face immediately, never has a receiver that has an inch of separation, and has a joke of a running game to try to work off of.
    It's unfair to judge him when there is nothing remotely normal about the situation he has been put in. Unfortunately for Darnold, because he's forced to be in continual panic mode, the window on him developing into anything is quickly closing. By the end of this year, he'll be in Josh Rosen territory. Damaged goods with a lot of talent that will take years to be brought back up to speed.
    Rosen and Darnold have the talent to have a future in this league, but neither one of them has been allowed to develop at all as of yet and will be starting at ground zero if they ever find a decent situation. Rosen may have gotten lucky with Tampa picking him up. He may be able to develop behind Brady for a couple of seasons. No such luck for Darnold at this point. I see zero chance of him improving inside this disaster.

As for the rest of the team. Joe Douglas will be earning his money trying to dig the Jets out of this trough. There's just so much Greg Williams can do with no talent on hand. I'm having a hard time understanding the Quinnen Williams hype last year. The guy is undersized for a nose tackle. That's two and a half strikes against him right there.

Nothing much you can say about the offense. A meaningful first down is cause for celebration. It doesn't look like the offensive line is better than last year and may actually be worse, which, in itself, is hard to believe.

While I know it was bad, I have two painful words to slam dunk, destroy and contradict the bolded,

Sorry in advance everyone.

Butt Fumble

That was by far a worse loss. Folding to Miami was worse. Sadly our history as fans is littered with this stuff.
    I think this was bad but even not in the top 20 of worst.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Sunday was a recipe for disaster:
    Going up against one of the best defensive lines
    That dline has played together
    A much better coach in Buffalo
    Jets oline has zero chemistry and a rookie LT
    No scrimmage or preseason against other teams
    Jets Dline doesnít present a pass rush so practice doesnít help

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    While I know it was bad, I have two painful words to slam dunk, destroy and contradict the bolded,

Sorry in advance everyone.

Butt Fumble

That was by far a worse loss. Folding to Miami was worse. Sadly our history as fans is littered with this stuff.
    I think this was bad but even not in the top 20 of worst.
    Ughh, thanks for the reminder. I was at that damn game
    By the way, the ďJetsĒ commentators were a bunch of jackasses. I think it was a James Lofton and he was obnoxious, constantly praising the Bills (on a Jets broadcast) and then that moron brings up the butt fumble when Darnold was running for a gain...no clue how this idiot saw a comparison

Also, the NFL crowd noise for the broadcast is absolutely awful. MLB is very well done in my opinion, but that was painful to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Ughh, thanks for the reminder. I was at that damn game
    By the way, the ďJetsĒ commentators were a bunch of jackasses. I think it was a James Lofton and he was obnoxious, constantly praising the Bills (on a Jets broadcast) and then that moron brings up the butt fumble when Darnold was running for a gain...no clue how this idiot saw a comparison

Also, the NFL crowd noise for the broadcast is absolutely awful. MLB is very well done in my opinion, but that was painful to hear
    Agreed on all points.
    Sean Payton described the noise as a "loud cocktail party". It is terrible

Mlb has done a great job. It should be louder for the home team.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast