Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Wonder if they call in Burfict if K's pec is torn.
    They will have to call in some help. That trade for McMillan is starting to look good now

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    They will have to call in some help. That trade for McMillan is starting to look good now
    Could also call up Javin White and have Littleton or Wilbur play MLB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Could also call up Javin White and have Littleton or Wilbur play MLB.

Not Wilbur. McMillan is the perfect choice. Our run defense would improve dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Yea Denzelle Good was playing at RT after both Brown and Young went out. Denzelle Good does have some past NFL experience at RT but has basically been a guard for the Raiders since joining us.

Credit for keep Carr on his feet with 2 RTs going down. Had 0 sacks against Carr today.
    This was huge. I thought for sure when Sam Young went out Carr would be running for his life for the rest of the game. Damn Good job. Pun intended.

The Oline was stellar, especially after losing the first and second string tackle. They deserve the game ball. Before he left with the pec injury Kwi, was all over the place. He looked good. My defensive star was Abrams, he had 13 tackles, 11 Solo. The kid hits like a Mike Tyson right hook. he was all over the place and was highly motivated. Great stop on 4th down by Ferrel. The DLine must do better, 1 sack is not enough, but it was good to see Hurst get it. Carr tossed some balls downfield which was nice. I would like to see him zip them in a little more, but he did well and protected the ball. Of course Jacobs ran with power and vision. Ruggs looked pretty good and confident before getting hurt. We are only going to get better IMO. Injuries suck though!

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    The Oline was stellar, especially after losing the first and second string tackle. They deserve the game ball. Before he left with the pec injury Kwi, was all over the place. He looked good. My defensive star was Abrams, he had 13 tackles, 11 Solo. The kid hits like a Mike Tyson right hook. he was all over the place and was highly motivated. Great stop on 4th down by Ferrel. The DLine must do better, 1 sack is not enough, but it was good to see Hurst get it. Carr tossed some balls downfield which was nice. I would like to see him zip them in a little more, but he did well and protected the ball. Of course Jacobs ran with power and vision. Ruggs looked pretty good and confident before getting hurt. We are only going to get better IMO. Injuries suck though!
    Agreed on all points. Let's also remember how much worse the defense got last year after Burfict went down... Hopefully K's injury isn't that bad and he doesn't miss time. I have a feeling he/ the MLB is integral to the success of the defense.

I hope Carr gets better about those lobs. He loves them but they're not always needed. On the throw to Agholor, it was a perfect pass that the CB had no chance at. But the soft, underthrown lob kept Ruggs from scoring a TD on the long throw and Ruggs got stopped invade the 1 (NBD, Jacobs walked out in the very next play). Maybe it's from Carr's early years, when receivers used to drop the ball bc he "threw it too hard."

How the #Raiders D-line rotation broke down in terms of snap counts vs. Carolina: Clelin Ferrell 52, Maxx Crosby 51, Maliek Collins 47, Johnathan Hankins 39, Arden Key 29, Carl Nassib 20, Maurice Hurst 20, Kendal Vickers 9
    Ferrell (who bulked up significantly in the offseason) make the defensive play of the game, he played well enough to be the Raiders highest-graded defensive player, according to Pro Football Focus analytics.
    DE: Ferrell (played 52 of 67 snaps) did move inside a lot, while Key (29) was in more than FA signing Nassib (20). Crosby played 51 snaps.

Beast! 2 guys couldn't move him.

I was still disappointed with our DL overall. If they struggled vs a mediocre Carolina OL, what happens when they face a good OL? This week will be a good test vs the Saints OL.

The news I was hoping for. Torn pec would have ended his year

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Agreed on all points. Let's also remember how much worse the defense got last year after Burfict went down... Hopefully K's injury isn't that bad and he doesn't miss time. I have a feeling he/ the MLB is integral to the success of the defense.

I hope Carr gets better about those lobs. He loves them but they're not always needed. On the throw to Agholor, it was a perfect pass that the CB had no chance at. But the soft, underthrown lob kept Ruggs from scoring a TD on the long throw and Ruggs got stopped invade the 1 (NBD, Jacobs walked out in the very next play). Maybe it's from Carr's early years, when receivers used to drop the ball bc he "threw it too hard."
    I agree with you here. It is one of the things I don't like about Carr, he has the arm to zip it, but chooses to lob it. The pass to Agholor was a thing of beauty. Dropped it into a dixie cup. The lob to Ruggs prevented the TD. First game, I can't wait to see more.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Not Wilbur. McMillan is the perfect choice. Our run defense would improve dramatically.
    Good point. I forgot about McMillan. He will slide nicely into the MLB spot.

Nice win in a better game than I expected. Letís just get better each week and see where it takes us.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast