Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hate to say it but with how brutal our schedule starts this season, this really is a must win.

Tbh, i"m really not too excited about football this year. Knowing i cant see my team play really makes it hard. College football is gonna suck. And next years draft will be horrible. I feel we should have went after a wr in FA.
    As for a win this saturday, Raiders 28- 21.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

I will follow the Raiders but I don't see setting aside time to watch. Ive learned to fill my time. Until the violence stops, I don't see much of an entertaining season. Screw 2020.

LOL my handicap is down to a 2 in golf... So peaceful out there.
    Dogdaddy

We matchup very well with Carolina. They have a very bad o line. They did sign okung, but okung is not the Ot he was four years ago. And he is delicate. But thatís it. This oline gave up 58 sacks last year.

The corners there are not good and inexperienced. Lost keuchly.

We should score a lot

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Tbh, i"m really not too excited about football this year. Knowing i cant see my team play really makes it hard. College football is gonna suck. And next years draft will be horrible. I feel we should have went after a wr in FA.
    As for a win this saturday, Raiders 28- 21.

Next years draft will be horrific. We should trade away picks. A lot of top players arenít playing this year by either opting out or the school isnít going to play. So many one year wonders out there and so many shoulda coulda folks. Anything past the second round will be almost impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Next years draft will be horrific. We should trade away picks. A lot of top players arenít playing this year by either opting out or the school isnít going to play. So many one year wonders out there and so many shoulda coulda folks. Anything past the second round will be almost impossible.
    Eh draft is always a bit of a gamble. Mayock also not exactly know to draft 1 year wonders. Iím sure theyíll be enough tape on the guys heís looking at. May still gamble but those contracts are key to team building. Would def be ok with moving them for future picks but as you said that value may not hold the same weight. Plus the players the following year will also be lacking multiple years of tape.

Gruden said they studied Baylor, Temple and LSU tape for preparation for this game. Had a lot of praise for coach Rhule as well

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Tbh, i"m really not too excited about football this year. Knowing i cant see my team play really makes it hard.

I know the feeling. I didn't catch every Raiders home game, but just knowing that I could always get a ticket and roll out to the Coliseum and enjoy a game with the Nation -- man, this is new reality is going to take some getting used to. It's different from their first move, because my family relocated to LA the same year that the Raiders moved down to Southern CA, and I moved back to the Bay Area a year or two before they came back to Oakland. I didn't miss a beat. But it will be a minute before we can catch them live in Vegas. I just hope they're on a winning streak when that day arrives.

I Love football, I could never say im not looking forward to watching the Raiders... But, Watching the Yankees, And not just cause they suck, This year.. But it is sooo weird, with no fans in the seats.. It takes away the experience, even just watching on tv.

Really wish our game was tomorrow. Or even Friday or Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I Love football, I could never say im not looking forward to watching the Raiders... But, Watching the Yankees, And not just cause they suck, This year.. But it is sooo weird, with no fans in the seats.. It takes away the experience, even just watching on tv.
    I'm fine without the fans. Watching the NBA playoffs I was taken aback at first. But I'm good with it now. I'm in Warriors country, but there are a few Lakers fans out this way. You can hear them shouting and screaming from their homes whenever a big play is made. I'm pretty sure they hear me as well.

A win would be nice, but Iím not feeling greatly confident in that defense...

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'm fine without the fans. Watching the NBA playoffs I was taken aback at first. But I'm good with it now. I'm in Warriors country, but there are a few Lakers fans out this way. You can hear them shouting and screaming from their homes whenever a big play is made. I'm pretty sure they hear me as well.
    I watched a few minutes of baseball and got a kick out of the fake fans they put up. Lots of funny ones. I tried watching basketball, but to be truthful, they all looked like they were ticked off and being there. Turned it off. What I really want to happen in football (Raider games) is to have someone hack in to the prerecorded crowd noise and when the opponent gets intercepted or suffers a big hit they play a laugh track or goofy loony tunes sound effects. That would be great.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I watched a few minutes of baseball and got a kick out of the fake fans they put up. Lots of funny ones. I tried watching basketball, but to be truthful, they all looked like they were ticked off and being there. Turned it off. What I really want to happen in football (Raider games) is to have someone hack in to the prerecorded crowd noise and when the opponent gets intercepted or suffers a big hit they play a laugh track or goofy loony tunes sound effects. That would be great.
    Maybe at the end of the year someone can put together a blooper reel with sound effects added. That would actually sell pretty well.

But I figure it must take everything in the players to play a game without a crowd to fuel their emotions. Sure, we all used to play without crowds as kids, and for some that played at small schools maybe you could hear a pin drop in between plays. But most of the players are accustomed to large crowds. I imagine it will affect them, maybe even to the point where it is relayed back to us on TV. I hope not, but it really doesn't take much to affect a product like the NFL.

The networks and production teams are going to have to work some real magic to keep the average viewer engaged. Diehards and purists will always be there. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, if they want to, they can just turn the 4th quarter into one big pit drill. But for America's love of the game, most are casual fans who zone out easily during the game. I guess by this time tomorrow night we'll know if it works or not.

Panthers have the worst defense in the league(Replacements movie level)and that was last year before all their best players left. 4 rookies starting on defense in a shortened offseason with no preseason games with a rookie head coach with no fans. No way they're prepared to play unless they give McCaffrey 60 touches. I'll be pretty disappointed if the Raiders dont win this by 3 scores or more.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast