Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    23-14-11
    28-13-49
    25-19-93
    12-21-62

This is a deep forward group. There's reasons to be excited.
    Apparently Patty is lights out at practice too.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Apparently Patty is lights out at practice too.
    What I've seen is that he looks like his old self
    Aka a competent middle six center. Which is crucial for this team considering it had derek grant there for stretches last season.

I'm hopeful they can find a competent partner for Provy.

Keeping Myers and sanheim together while finding someone to play with Provy would give this team two all situation pairings. There's teams that struggle to find one of those.

What I've seen is that he looks like his old self
    Aka a competent middle six center. Which is crucial for this team considering it had derek grant there for stretches last season.

I'm hopeful they can find a competent partner for Provy.

Keeping Myers and sanheim together while finding someone to play with Provy would give this team two all situation pairings. There's teams that struggle to find one of those.
    idk why we cant keep myers with provorov and find sanheim a new partner. It seems that sanheim has always had a reliable partner his whole career so far why provorov has only has niskanen

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    I have to admit this is probably the most excited I've been about a team in a long time. If they stay somewhat healthy I think they have a legitimate shot this year.
    I am too. This team is stacked. Crazy thing is that I think we are going to be even better next year. G and Voracek might be older and slower, but farabee/patrick/lindblom/tk/hart/frost are going to continuously improve. Then add in brink, york, zamula.

best lines we have had in years. We finally have an amazing 4th line that should've happened last year if patrick/lindblom weren't out.

it's fair to hope that this year's team will be better than last year's, but keep in mind: the flyers overachieved significantly last season.

even if they are "better" than last year, it's entirely possible (likely, even) that the results will be worse.

- niskanen's retirement left a hole in the top of the lineup.
    - pitlick held the bottom 6 together last year, and he's gone.
    - giroux, voracek, jvr, raffl and braun are all a year further away from their prime.
    - lindblom and patrick are recovering from career (and life) threatening injuries.

there is a lot of work to be done here.

idk why we cant keep myers with provorov and find sanheim a new partner. It seems that sanheim has always had a reliable partner his whole career so far why provorov has only has niskanen
    provorov is supposed to be the reliable partner.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    At this point in provys career he should be capable of being the reliable and calming presence on his pair.

Finding someone to work with sanheim is not only going to be harder but it's likely going to reduce the ceiling of the d unit as a whole as well.

Finding someone that can fit beside Provy and allow this team to have the potential for two top pairings is the right first attempt imo.

there was some sort of intrasquad scrimmage that was broadcast on CSN, if anyone's interested in getting a peak at what this team looks like

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    there was some sort of intrasquad scrimmage that was broadcast on CSN, if anyone's interested in getting a peak at what this team looks like
    Weirdly the team with more NHL caliber players carried play according to my eyes

Who would have thought.

I'm excited. About 40 hours to puck drop... If the game goes on as scheduled.

I add that due to the possible issues the penguins are currently having.

27 hours and 6 minutes.............

Provorov will get a new linemate. Justin Braun. Joy. Per AV.

Will be split at times in the offensive zone. Still, don't enjoy hearing Prov will have to drag around an anchor.
    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-12-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Provorov will get a new linemate. Justin Braun. Joy. Per AV.

Will be split at times in the offensive zone. Still, don't enjoy hearing Prov will have to drag around an anchor.
    Not my ideal choice. I'm willing to let it play out, but I'm curious why Gustafson hasn't had a look there yet. I'

Not my ideal choice. I'm willing to let it play out, but I'm curious why Gustafson hasn't had a look there yet. I'
    Honestly, outside of Hagg, it's kind of "worst case" for me. Hate tying good players to anchor weights. Braun getting 3rd pairing mins is not that bad. But I don't want Provorov in tight situations and have Braun on the ice as his primary partner.

Hopefully its temporary.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950