Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

how is he a better player though? Both are fatties that love hot dogs. One is faster, has a better shot, and is signed to just 2 years while the other is slower, good as a net front and has 3 years left. Not saying the deal works because ARI wants to clear cap but if we can dump jvr somewhere, kessel ain't a bad option. I think he would easily get 30 for both those years on his contract while JVR can possibly get there
    kessel's production is dependent on his speed, which is no longer guaranteed, on account of the hot dog fattiness (and also being 33 years old).

i guess he has more upside than JVR, since he used to be a better player. and the differences in their contracts probably means he has less downside, too. i'm still not a huge fan, though.
    Also,Lavi has a short shelf life. He might give them a jolt in year 1, but Wsh Is getting to the end of their contender window soon. Too many bloated contracts.
    that lines up pretty well then, doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    kessel's production is dependent on his speed, which is no longer guaranteed, on account of the hot dog fattiness (and also being 33 years old).

i guess he has more upside than JVR, since he used to be a better player. and the differences in their contracts probably means he has less downside, too. i'm still not a huge fan, though.
    On the JVR thing, I mean, at this point if we're talking JVR vs Kessel, we need someone that plays selfish hockey. And, I mean, fat or not, I think Kessel has a better shot than JVR, plus you get rid of a year. Idk. It's not the worst thing I've seen.

For the lavi thing, exactly what I was gonna say. 3 years seems perfect for them.

I don't think we will bring in someone like Kessel. I would be interested in kicking the tires for Drouin in MTL. He has clearly fallen out of favor there a bit and maybe, just maybe, we could send some salary over to them, that they might bite on as part of the deal. JVR HAS played well in Canada before right?

I would also like if we could send Ghost down to Florida for really anything lol...I just think it would be cool if he got to go home.

Frost and Farabee should be mainstays in the lineup next season. It would be fun to watch a line with those two and Patrick.

I wonder if Hayes can keep up with his level of play from this year or even improve on it...

Will Giroux or Jake get moved this season or maybe we dangle him out there for Seattle to take as a top line/Captain kinda guy....

Protection for the expansion draft for me would be

FWDS: G (because we have to), Hayes (same reason), TK, Couts, Patrick, Lindblom, whoever the big goal scorer is that we get this offseason via trade (LOL)...NOTE: We don't need to protect Frost or Farabee since they will only have two years of NHL experience.

Could be that we trade G to open another slot here if we get a couple nice pieces.

DEF: Provy, Sanheim, Myers

This is why we must trade Ghost no matter what, or he's gone for free...

Goalie: Hart

No-Brainer...

Prediction: JVR is going to be on the trade block but we won't be able to get anything for him I think he ends up going to Seattle. Also worth noting is that we have to have two forwards, one defenseman, and one goalie exposed that are under contract through 2021-2022. Probably means that Elliot (or whatever backup we choose) will be on a two year deal at minimum.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I think AV did a great job with the team and is going to have an even better second season. Yes, he did things we didn't agree with, but we didn't lose because he played Nate Thompson too much...we lost because our team failed to show up/produce in too many games, the PP was nonexistent, our top players were invisible, and because Nate Thompson was played too much (lol). I like AV actually. I look forward to seeing what he can do with a full team next season with Oskar, Patrick (yes, I believe he's playing from the start of the season), and Frost playing full time. That's adding 3 top 9 players (maybe even top 6).

Projected lines...

G - Couts - TK
    Jake - Hayes - Lindblom
    Farabee - Patrick - Frost
    Raffl - Laughton - NAK

That being said...how do we not end up trading JVR because I didn't even get him in there? We pretty much have to trade G or Jake to bring in a top scorer too...hmm...I hope we don't trade Farabee or Frost...If i had to pick which to keep, it would definitely be Frost....

Random thoughts from the night post complete...Good night all...

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Kessel had a pretty awful year.
    and jvr didn't? Whatever jvr does, kessel can easily match production wise as well as provide more. Why do we always say players are just awful when we don't look at the context? Ari was just terrible offensively. Kessel had a ppg the year before. Yes, he was playing with crosby/malkin but he can easily put up 60+ on this team playing with couts.

kessel at 40 is faster than jvr now lol. Also kessel still has enough skill and talent to last 2 more years while putting up 60-80 on a good team

Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    On the JVR thing, I mean, at this point if we're talking JVR vs Kessel, we need someone that plays selfish hockey. And, I mean, fat or not, I think Kessel has a better shot than JVR, plus you get rid of a year. Idk. It's not the worst thing I've seen.

For the lavi thing, exactly what I was gonna say. 3 years seems perfect for them.
    both are fat lol. Id rather take the guy who can score more, shoot more, has more speed, and one less year

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    both are fat lol. Id rather take the guy who can score more, shoot more, has more speed, and one less year
    Exactly. Some of the other trades some are proposing are likely going to cost us TONS. And I don't think people realize there's a good chance that the Yotes ask for a bit extra in that situation cuz of the extra year.

Exactly. Some of the other trades some are proposing are likely going to cost us TONS. And I don't think people realize there's a good chance that the Yotes ask for a bit extra in that situation cuz of the extra year.
    well i don't think we can do jvr for kessel. It would have to be different deals. ARi is trying to shed so we might have to unload jvr elsewhere and then offer something to Arizona to get kessel from them.

either way:

g-couts-kessel
    farabee-hayes-tk
    lindblom-frost-voracek
    raff-laughton-nak

tell me that ain't better than having jvr on the 2nd or 3rd line. Kessel, tk, and voracek can all move around on the rw

mojo for eric staal lol. I will never get what Minnesota does ever

and jvr didn't? Whatever jvr does, kessel can easily match production wise as well as provide more. Why do we always say players are just awful when we don't look at the context? Ari was just terrible offensively. Kessel had a ppg the year before. Yes, he was playing with crosby/malkin but he can easily put up 60+ on this team playing with couts.

kessel at 40 is faster than jvr now lol. Also kessel still has enough skill and talent to last 2 more years while putting up 60-80 on a good team
    Kessel was worse. He was a drag on whoever he was on a line with.

mojo for eric staal lol. I will never get what Minnesota does ever
    Counter intuitive. Locked Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin into NMC's meaning Dumba is gonna be moved or exposed. Then trade an older better player in Staal for a younger, lessor, and more expensive player. Both on 1 yr deals. Who knows what is going on in Minnesota.

Time to call and see if Ghost for Dumba even up gets it done. Maybe offer Hagg for Dumba straight up. Never know, they might take it.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Counter intuitive. Locked Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin into NMC's meaning Dumba is gonna be moved or exposed. Then trade an older better player in Staal for a younger, lessor, and more expensive player. Both on 1 yr deals. Who knows what is going on in Minnesota.
    but who is going to play center with fiala and kaprisov now? Staal at least was another stop gap year to play with those guys. Now they have kunin, ek, bjugstad, and koivu. Thats awful down the middle. mojo ain't a center too

minny sucks lol. Lets try and get fiala or kaprisov. THey are so dumb they might do it.

well i don't think we can do jvr for kessel. It would have to be different deals. ARi is trying to shed so we might have to unload jvr elsewhere and then offer something to Arizona to get kessel from them.

either way:

g-couts-kessel
    farabee-hayes-tk
    lindblom-frost-voracek
    raff-laughton-nak

tell me that ain't better than having jvr on the 2nd or 3rd line. Kessel, tk, and voracek can all move around on the rw
    Valid point. Really interesting to see what ends up happening with all of this. There aren't many owners willing to spend a ton of money right now.

Also not really sure what teams want JVR to begin with.

And yes, that's definitely better than having JVR, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Time to call and see if Ghost for Dumba even up gets it done. Maybe offer Hagg for Dumba straight up. Never know, they might take it.
    I'm pretty sure that call ends with laughing and Fletch holding the phone going, "Hello? Hello? You still there?"

BUT, I get what you're saying. You don't start with a fair offer, that's just bad negotiating tactics. Pretty sure that's how the Devils got Hall to begin with lmfao.

That said, if they're willing to do Ghost and/or Hagg for Dumba, as much as I love Ghost, I'm dusting off my back seat and fueling up for a trip to the airport. But, who do you protect in the expansion? You'd have to make a trade with Seattle to ensure they don't take a certain guy.
    Last edited by lambofgode3x; 09-17-2020 at 08:57 AM.

I'm pretty sure that call ends with laughing and Fletch holding the phone going, "Hello? Hello? You still there?"

BUT, I get what you're saying. You don't start with a fair offer, that's just bad negotiating tactics. Pretty sure that's how the Devils got Hall to begin with lmfao.

That said, if they're willing to do Ghost and/or Hagg for Dumba, as much as I love Ghost, I'm dusting off my back seat and fueling up for a trip to the airport. But, who do you protect in the expansion? You'd have to make a trade with Seattle to ensure they don't take a certain guy.
    Leave Jake or JVR unprotected and hope they take him or sign a vet Dman to expose in the draft (Morin might meet the criteria, not sure).

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast