Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Where's Gustafson
    Good point here ... Not sure how this works without trading Ghost ... Hagg is way too cost effective to move at this point, and we play much better AV system mandated defense with Hagg

Provorov didn’t even make a “who is the best NHL defenseman top 25 list” put out there by NHL Network ... obviously a joke because of defenders who were good 7 years ago still on the list but ... man, no acknowledgement nationally

Werenski was on the list tho ...
    Last edited by castan_b; 10-28-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Provy Gust
    Sanheim Myers
    Braun Hagg Ghost Friedman Morin

To many Dmen someone needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Provy Gust
    Sanheim Myers
    Braun Hagg Ghost Friedman Morin

To many Dmen someone needs to go.
    Morin has such a remote chance to play, he can probably be dropped from that list ... people want to try to cut Patty out of the lineup but will happily pencil Morin, the most injury prone player ever (not to mention no talent) into a potential roster spot

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Morin has such a remote chance to play, he can probably be dropped from that list ... people want to try to cut Patty out of the lineup but will happily pencil Morin, the most injury prone player ever (not to mention no talent) into a potential roster spot
    That's why I listed him last, he has a chance to play but it's very remote. Patty should start the year as the 4C depending on how he plays he could be moved up to 3C. I'd start the year with Laughton as 3C and move Frost to wing (not that I want to but he needs to be in the top 9) and with Couts Hayes Patty down the middle there is no place for him. If he starts the year at 3C what do you do with Patty if he proves he's ready for more minutes?

I slot Patty into 3C immediately. He handled 2C when he was 20 years old ... he will be fine, and significantly better than Laughton. Patty is wasted as a 4C and needs to be in a scoring role.

Trying to ease him back into game play. When he's ready move him up to 3C. Maybe he's ready out if camp. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    That's why I listed him last, he has a chance to play but it's very remote. Patty should start the year as the 4C depending on how he plays he could be moved up to 3C. I'd start the year with Laughton as 3C and move Frost to wing (not that I want to but he needs to be in the top 9) and with Couts Hayes Patty down the middle there is no place for him. If he starts the year at 3C what do you do with Patty if he proves he's ready for more minutes?
    Almost 0 chance Morin plays. He has to prove me can stay healthy and play in the AHL before ever remotely considering him playing in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Good point here ... Not sure how this works without trading Ghost ... Hagg is way too cost effective to move at this point, and we play much better AV system mandated defense with Hagg
    hagg has some of the worst numbers of all defensemen in the nhl. Him and braun are going to be a disaster. book it

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    hagg has some of the worst numbers of all defensemen in the nhl. Him and braun are going to be a disaster. book it
    Hagg kind of defies analytics. He has some of the worst advanced metrics in the league, but his on ice results based stats have always been slightly above league average. I think the sample size is large enough with Hagg at this point that analytics can't really tell the value of what Hagg brings to a hockey team in their current state. Braun on the other hand, is an absolute train wreck at even strength. If he's your 6/7 swing defender it's fine, but we already know he's going to have a significant role as long as he plays for AV.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Hagg kind of defies analytics. He has some of the worst advanced metrics in the league, but his on ice results based stats have always been slightly above league average. I think the sample size is large enough with Hagg at this point that analytics can't really tell the value of what Hagg brings to a hockey team in their current state. Braun on the other hand, is an absolute train wreck at even strength. If he's your 6/7 swing defender it's fine, but we already know he's going to have a significant role as long as he plays for AV.
    what on ice results? Constantly getting buried, not making solid passes, slow af, doesn't win many board battles. At this point its honestly luck and the team carrying him. Most of his usage is with the top 6 as well which helps him out with points. I can tolerate braun more that hagg but both are equally as bad

They don't get scored on with him on the ice and win the scoring battle at even strength. I don't think after 3 full seasons of similar results you can really call it luck anymore. He's not much more than a solid cheap bottom pairing guy, but it's pretty insulting to call him a worse option than Braun. Braun actively hurts the Flyers at even strength, while Hagg does not. You really need to look no further than when Ghost is paired with Hagg vs with Braun to see how Braun actively hurts the Flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    They don't get scored on with him on the ice and win the scoring battle at even strength. I don't think after 3 full seasons of similar results you can really call it luck anymore. He's not much more than a solid cheap bottom pairing guy, but it's pretty insulting to call him a worse option than Braun. Braun actively hurts the Flyers at even strength, while Hagg does not. You really need to look no further than when Ghost is paired with Hagg vs with Braun to see how Braun actively hurts the Flyers.
    I don't think its insulting to say braun is as good which actually tells you hagg ain't that good. The numbers don't show that hagg is what is preventing the goals. Constantly being outshot, losing possession battle, bringing other players advanced stats down, constantly having to be played with couts in order to hide all of this....hagg is garbage. This is the reason why I think he is getting lucky. It is going to be a matter of time before they get scored on more as the stats tell you that it should be happening/will. I think the numbers even show that he is on the ice for more scored against than most other d (have to check that tho).

We can definitely agree that we can take one of braun/hagg but both of them is a nightmare. I do agree that resigning braun for another two years was idiotic. We all knew that hagg would've been resigned but Fletcher kind of panicked when niskanen retired and quickly got braun back. Luckily, braun and/or hagg can be moved and hopefully hagg gets taken by Seattle, braun gets traded for a pick, and ghost can regain form/stay.

Rumors from Eklund saying Ghost to Chicago is a possibility. Dylan Strome still hasn't signed and is a RFA...hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Rumors from Eklund saying Ghost to Chicago is a possibility. Dylan Strome still hasn't signed and is a RFA...hmmm...
    Dylan Strome is terrible. Why is that a hmmmmm

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast