Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 692

Thread: Offseason

  1. #586
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,388
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Pouliot is going to play. And I'm shocked nobody else is mentioning it
    They will have to trade ghost before I think he takes minutes

  2. #587
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    Iím bored too; but Steagles, you must be dying, Chucky-two-trades is being less exciting than Hexy haha
    i gave hextall a lot of benefit of the doubt throughout his tenure and i am extending the same benefit to fletcher.

    i'm pretty lukewarm on fletcher as GM, fwiw. i am, however, highly negative about the current structure of the flyers' front office. we don't have an owner (as a result of comcast's conflict of interests from owning the flyers and NBC), we didn't hire a team president to replace holmgren; the only guy we have at the top of the organization right now is fletcher, and i think that's unhealthy, irrespective of my opinion of his competence as GM.

  3. #588
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    just gave 1/3MM to (not that) D erik gustafsson.

  4. #589
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    if hagg or braun is the 6th our defense could look better (if ghost can regain some form)

    provorov-ghost
    sanheim-myers
    gus-braun
    hagg

    but if gus is in the top 4 and they trade ghost then our defense will be:

    provorov-myers
    sanheim-gust
    hagg-braun
    freidman

    I would rather have the 1st one cus I hate braun and hagg playing.

  5. #590
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    just gave 1/3MM to (not that) D erik gustafsson.
    So we signed "Lesser Ghost"? I certainly hope the plan is not to have him take Niskanen's old role since he would not do well in that role...I think this is it for Ghost because having both of them in the lineup doesn't make sense to be honest...

  6. #591
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    7 years / 8.8MM AAV for pietrangelo to VGK

  7. #592
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    1 of Sanheim, Myers, or Ghost won't be a Flyer much longer.

    Myers was an undrafted Dman and if he gets you a top 6 scoring winger it's a win.

    Sanheim doesn't make sense to move for a top 6 winger unless you think York or Zamula are ready for the NHL next year.

    Ghost makes the most sense from a stand point he doesn't have a place on the team anymore. So if he can get you a top 6 winger you trade him.

  8. #593
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    1 of Sanheim, Myers, or Ghost won't be a Flyer much longer.

    Myers was an undrafted Dman and if he gets you a top 6 scoring winger it's a win.

    Sanheim doesn't make sense to move for a top 6 winger unless you think York or Zamula are ready for the NHL next year.

    Ghost makes the most sense from a stand point he doesn't have a place on the team anymore. So if he can get you a top 6 winger you trade him.
    Your view on what is a win for Myers is absolutely horrible. lol Myers is probably the 2nd best defender on this team right now, and on some nights he is the best. Don't trade him for anything.

  9. #594
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    7 years / 8.8MM AAV for pietrangelo to VGK
    So I guess I wasn't far off with the 8-9M AAV huh! lol That's a nice deal in the short term, but it's going to hurt the last 3 years. I wonder if it's backloaded too due to the revenue uncertainty...

  10. #595
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,723
    Does anyone know if Gustafson can play the right side comfortably?

    I really like the signing. No real risk, and if he returns to 18/19 form you are adding a legitimate top four dman who can provide some offense.

    9-5
    6-gus/53
    8/53-61/53

    Friedman
    Zamula

  11. #596
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,388
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    7 years / 8.8MM AAV for pietrangelo to VGK
    You know we could not afford that, right? Sure, Iíd take Pietrangelo ... but we are loaded with prospect depth there ... we donít have any lock bonafide 40 goal scorer, year in year out

  12. #597
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,343
    OH ****... We have another 60 point defenseman.... god tier... time to think he is a god

  13. #598
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,388
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Your view on what is a win for Myers is absolutely horrible. lol Myers is probably the 2nd best defender on this team right now, and on some nights he is the best. Don't trade him for anything.
    Agreed

  14. #599
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,276
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Does anyone know if Gustafson can play the right side comfortably?

    I really like the signing. No real risk, and if he returns to 18/19 form you are adding a legitimate top four dman who can provide some offense.

    9-5
    6-gus/53
    8/53-61/53

    Friedman
    Zamula
    We basically signed Ghost 2.0. Kind of makes you wonder what the plan is.

  15. #600
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,343
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Does anyone know if Gustafson can play the right side comfortably?

    I really like the signing. No real risk, and if he returns to 18/19 form you are adding a legitimate top four dman who can provide some offense.

    9-5
    6-gus/53
    8/53-61/53

    Friedman
    Zamula
    Reddit is saying he can play the right side lol... that being said they are also saying YAY we have another guy who hasnt been good in years that we can love oh so much while they are a healthy scratch

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •