Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Is Morgan frost here full time this year?
    He should be. He's old enough, been in the system long enough, and it isn't like the team is so deep at the forward position that they don't have a spot for him. Time for the team to put the time in and find out what Morgan Frost is and isn't at the NHL level for a full season, without dickering him around in and out of the lineup.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He should be. He's old enough, been in the system long enough, and it isn't like the team is so deep at the forward position that they don't have a spot for him. Time for the team to put the time in and find out what Morgan Frost is and isn't at the NHL level for a full season, without dickering him around in and out of the lineup.

Iíd agree, Iíd also shelter him with 3rd line minutes, but that poses an issues because then him and Patty are on the same line ...

Assuming Farabee, Patrick, Lindblom, and Frost are here ... Iím thinking we will have to go something like

Lindblom Couturier Voracek
    Farabee Hayes TK
    Frost G Patrick
    JVR Laughton Raf

Sanheim Myers
    Provorov Ghost
    Hagg/Zamula Braun

G on the 3rd line is kinda right for his career and he can put up 80 points playing in match-ups with the young bucks.

Iíd agree, Iíd also shelter him with 3rd line minutes, but that poses an issues because then him and Patty are on the same line ...

Assuming Farabee, Patrick, Lindblom, and Frost are here ... Iím thinking we will have to go something like

Lindblom Couturier Voracek
    Farabee Hayes TK
    Frost G Patrick
    JVR Laughton Raf

Sanheim Myers
    Provorov Ghost
    Hagg/Zamula Braun

G on the 3rd line is kinda right for his career and he can put up 80 points playing in match-ups with the young bucks.
    *Whispers* Gustafson..

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    *Whispers* Gustafson..
    I donít see how he can start before mid season, being new to the system, abbreviated training camp, and finding a partner.

Plus Braun and Gus as pairing might be the worst defensive pairing in the NHL

I donít see how he can start before mid season, being new to the system, abbreviated training camp, and finding a partner.

Plus Braun and Gus as pairing might be the worst defensive pairing in the NHL
    I don't see how you don't play the guy you paid to play. If he loses his job that's one thing.

I'm fairly confident he's currently penciled into a lineup spot

Gustafson will start game 1. They didn't sign him to sit him. Players get traded mid season and enter the lineup. He was signed months ago and has multiple weeks of camp.

I expect Ghost to be scratched.

i know i'm weird about these things, but i keep going back to the preseason a few years back, when frost scored a bunch of points and everyone else looked like they couldn't care less. instead of throwing frost on a scoring line and telling him to go out and make plays, they sent him to adirondack and told him to be more like kent manderville.

here we go. i think this is it

Beniers is going to be a stud. No idea how 2021 draft will go down.

Brink can play some hockey, reminds me of brendan gallagher
    I change my vote on this. Brink canít skate and is our worst F against Canada so far.

Also, would have been happier with kaliyev on the team, as evident now based in progression than York or Brink ... called that one.

Also, would have been happier with kaliyev on the team, as evident now based in progression than York or Brink ... called that one.
    Or Caufield

Or Caufield
    Lol they're not even in the NHL yet and you're already saying this huh? How about we wait and see how they progress. York looked really good during the tournament and seems like one of those players that will excel with greater pace of play and higher skill levels in the NHL. Brink has time to improve and was a decent 2nd round pick at this point.

castan...looks like hoglander will be on the 2nd line with horvat to start the year. excited to see how he turns out

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    castan...looks like hoglander will be on the 2nd line with horvat to start the year. excited to see how he turns out
    The kid is a stud. Iím jealous of Van. They are a goalie and a Dman away from cup contention

I have to admit this is probably the most excited I've been about a team in a long time. If they stay somewhat healthy I think they have a legitimate shot this year.

23-14-11
    28-13-49
    25-19-93
    12-21-62

This is a deep forward group. There's reasons to be excited.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast