Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 748

Thread: Offseason

  1. #706
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,888
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    None of those, in my opinion, were/are 'obvious wins' in contracts. That's my opinion though.

    TK -- Was on pace for a record season, yes...but then was all but invisible in the playoffs.
    Provy -- So far his contract is about what it should be. He has the ability still, but he needs to really take his game to the next level by eliminating those turnovers (especially the head scratching 'that's not you' type of turnovers he has sometimes).
    Lindblom -- Definitely not an "obvious win" contract. It's a low risk/high reward contract. Cancer and chemo is not an injury you overcome. I have confidence he will, but it's not an obvious win.

    Myers -- Is a young defenseman that was arguably our best defenseman in a lot of games (not most, but I would say 10-15) last season. He also performed pretty well in the playoffs. He addresses a need as a RHD as well. Getting a top 4 (at worst) d-man for 3 years and under 3AAV is an obvious win in my opinion.
    ya i agree there. All of those contracts can turn into a win though which is nice

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,743
    With them planning a season around the beginning to mid January hopefully G comes back more focused now after the birth on his child. Hopefully Jake is in shape and doesn't need half the season to get in shape. TK Farabee, Provy Sanheim, Myers, Hart can all take the next step. Hopefully Lindblom comes back to his original form. Hope Frost pushes to make the team out of camp. Hoping Ghost can push either Braun or Hagg off the 3rd pairing or even is healthy and regains his confidence to make them have to pair him with Provy.

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ya i agree there. All of those contracts can turn into a win though which is nice
    I agree. They can be massive wins as long as the cap doesn't regress. We also have to start thinking about what to do with Couts in a couple years when his contract is up. :/

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,755
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I agree. They can be massive wins as long as the cap doesn't regress. We also have to start thinking about what to do with Couts in a couple years when his contract is up. :/
    Unless frost or patrick (or anyone9 have blossomed into Number 1Cs, there's nothing to think about

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,888
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    With them planning a season around the beginning to mid January hopefully G comes back more focused now after the birth on his child. Hopefully Jake is in shape and doesn't need half the season to get in shape. TK Farabee, Provy Sanheim, Myers, Hart can all take the next step. Hopefully Lindblom comes back to his original form. Hope Frost pushes to make the team out of camp. Hoping Ghost can push either Braun or Hagg off the 3rd pairing or even is healthy and regains his confidence to make them have to pair him with Provy.
    a half season could be good for Patrick as well. He gets more time to recover and hopefully its enough to where he can play a 3C role. THen the following year would be a real growth season for him.

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,008
    Heard we almost lost Hayes for the season...He was going to protest if Gritty wasn't allowed in the stadium. lol I like Hayes's personality.

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,514
    Hope all you guys are alive out there, having a nice holiday, and excited for hockey to finally be back.

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,008
    Cam York named the WJC captain this year. That's a great sign for the Flyers in the next couple years hopefully.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,743
    Hoping the experience from the playoffs pays off for the whole team. Hoping Frost makes the team out of camp and Ghost can push Braun, Hagg, or Gustafsson out of the lineup.

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,426
    Beniers is going to be a stud. No idea how 2021 draft will go down.

    Brink can play some hockey, reminds me of brendan gallagher

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,008
    Did I just read that Morin is moving to the wing?

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,755
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Did I just read that Morin is moving to the wing?
    Screw it. Why not

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,659
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Did I just read that Morin is moving to the wing?
    He is. I mean, whatever. He clearly wasn't going to make it at defense, and he's fighting for his career. Probably won't work, but...maaaaaybe?

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He is. I mean, whatever. He clearly wasn't going to make it at defense, and he's fighting for his career. Probably won't work, but...maaaaaybe?

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    would be a sick netfront presence on the PP lol...bye JVR and bring in MORIN!! lol

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,426
    Is Morgan frost here full time this year?

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •