Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    We can't score in a whorehouse with a fist full of fifties. We need a wing that can shoot the puck.
    I am just wondering why people keep saying we can't score? This is so wildly inaccurate...

We were the 7th leading scoring team (3.29 GF/GP) in the NHL during the regular season. We were only SIXTEEN goals behind the league leading Tampa Bay Lightning with one less game played. While we didn't score in bundles in the playoffs we weren't bad at first and then tapered off BECAUSE WE WENT INTO A SLUMP. This happens, and unfortunately for us, it was at the wrong time. We don't need sweeping changes to our already potent offense. Would an addition have been nice, sure!

Keep in mind, we also did not have the likes of Nolan Patrick or Oskar Lindblom for most of last year (all in NPs case). We also have a guy in Morgan Frost who is going to be a pretty good offensive addition to the team. We even added a guy on the back end that is capable of putting up pts. in Gus and if Ghost really is back to normal there's even more offense.

I think we need to relax on offense. We're good. Our concern should be to find a place for Ghost if we're not going to use him and maybe sign Vatanen as a Righty on D.

Provy-Myers
    Sanheim-Vatanen
    Gus-Braun
    Hagg/Friedman

That's a decent defense...and with another year under Hart's belt, I would not be surprised if he starts his run for the Vezina in the next couple seasons when York comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I am just wondering why people keep saying we can't score? This is so wildly inaccurate...

We were the 7th leading scoring team (3.29 GF/GP) in the NHL during the regular season. We were only SIXTEEN goals behind the league leading Tampa Bay Lightning with one less game played. While we didn't score in bundles in the playoffs we weren't bad at first and then tapered off BECAUSE WE WENT INTO A SLUMP. This happens, and unfortunately for us, it was at the wrong time. We don't need sweeping changes to our already potent offense. Would an addition have been nice, sure!

Keep in mind, we also did not have the likes of Nolan Patrick or Oskar Lindblom for most of last year (all in NPs case). We also have a guy in Morgan Frost who is going to be a pretty good offensive addition to the team. We even added a guy on the back end that is capable of putting up pts. in Gus and if Ghost really is back to normal there's even more offense.

I think we need to relax on offense. We're good. Our concern should be to find a place for Ghost if we're not going to use him and maybe sign Vatanen as a Righty on D.

Provy-Myers
    Sanheim-Vatanen
    Gus-Braun
    Hagg/Friedman

That's a decent defense...and with another year under Hart's belt, I would not be surprised if he starts his run for the Vezina in the next couple seasons when York comes up.
    I think you're mistaken. I think that scoring in the regular season and scoring in the playoffs are two different things. I think we need a shooter who's going to bury some pucks rather than pass-pass-pass looking for a perfect play-turnover.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

I think you're mistaken. I think that scoring in the regular season and scoring in the playoffs are two different things. I think we need a shooter who's going to bury some pucks rather than pass-pass-pass looking for a perfect play-turnover.
    The playoffs took place in August this year...it wasn't a normal "play the regular season then play the playoffs" type of year. You can't base the assumption on 13 games in the middle of August in some bubble in my opinion

In other news, the Flyers and Coyotes are apparently talking about a trade for Jason Demers (last year of his deal...around 4M cap hit). This would mean Ghost is gone for sure if we pull the trigger on this.

ADD ON EDIT: Yotes are over the cap by about 1.8M right now so need to dump. Could net us some draft capital to take on the contract since we have 5.7M in space right now. I feel like he would be another Braun though...I mean...having him for 1 year would be okay I guess, but the pairings would look a little messy unless you are pairing Myers with Provorov and Demers with Sanheim. I don't like the fit regardless.
    Last edited by LLMunchie619; 10-15-2020 at 02:36 PM.

this is true but i think you don't realize that we didn't have 3 potential top 6/9 players: lindblom, Patrick, frost. AV was playing thompson/grant way too much, farabee played well but he needs more nhl time to get bigger/better, ghost never played, tk/couts were missing wide-open nets. People love to blame giroux but if couts and tk scored those tap ins giroux would've had 3-4 more assists.

Not to mention thierrien sucks as a pp coach..hate him on this coaching staff. Also, i just cant picture tk never scoring in a playoff run again.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 10-15-2020 at 08:23 PM.

hoffman wants a 1year deal...lets ****ing get him

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    hoffman wants a 1year deal...lets ****ing get him
    We have a ton of top 9 forwards though...How do you make this work?

G-Couts-TK
    Lindblom-Hayes-Farabee
    Jake-Patrick-Hoffman
    JvR-Laughton-Frost/NAK

You have a 4th line capable of being a 3rd line...lol I mean I like it...it's a great problem to have...but someone would have to go.

We have a ton of top 9 forwards though...How do you make this work?

G-Couts-TK
    Lindblom-Hayes-Farabee
    Jake-Patrick-Hoffman
    JvR-Laughton-Frost/NAK

You have a 4th line capable of being a 3rd line...lol I mean I like it...it's a great problem to have...but someone would have to go.
    i would do anything to get rid of jvr tbh except take on a bad contract lol

According to Sportsnetís Elliotte Friedman in his latest 31 Thoughts blog, the Arizona Coyotes and the Flyers have talked about a potential trade bringing defenseman Jason Demers to Philadelphia. Whether this is before or after signing Gustafsson isnít mentioned by Friedman and the lines are currently blurry with six defensemen signed and Philippe Myers still a restricted free agent.

man this would absolutely suck. I called it @casper

provorov-demers
    sanheim-myers
    gus-braun

yikes that's ugly

I don't see Demers coming this way unless Hagg or Braun are going back. The Yotes are looking to dump salary so Ghost isn't going the other way. 1 of Braun or Hagg going back would make sense but we just signed both to 2 year contracts. This is our current Dmen (after Myers is signed).

Braun
    Friedman
    Gostisbehere
    Gustafsson
    Hagg
    Myers
    Provorov
    Sanheim

We have Morin, York, & Zamula in the AHL.

i would do anything to get rid of jvr tbh except take on a bad contract lol
    You canít pay your 4th liners 4m+ and expect to be good. The math doesnít work out.

According to Sportsnetís Elliotte Friedman in his latest 31 Thoughts blog, the Arizona Coyotes and the Flyers have talked about a potential trade bringing defenseman Jason Demers to Philadelphia. Whether this is before or after signing Gustafsson isnít mentioned by Friedman and the lines are currently blurry with six defensemen signed and Philippe Myers still a restricted free agent.

man this would absolutely suck. I called it @casper

provorov-demers
    sanheim-myers
    gus-braun

yikes that's ugly
    I posted about this above and agree that would be crazy ugly. Essentially, we would have two Brauns on the team at that point next year...lol. I think it was after the Braun signing as well. :/

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    You canít pay your 4th liners 4m+ and expect to be good. The math doesnít work out.
    Who would be the 4M plus 4th liner? Not being sarcastic, but just wondering. I think our 4th line will be something like Raffl/Laughton/NAK next year.

G - Couts - TK
    Lindblom - Hayes - Jake
    Farabee - Patrick - JVR/Frost (depending on who is in the doghouse/injured at the time)
    Raffl/Laughton/NAK

Also, on that note, Patrick signed his Qualifying Offer today so his cap hit is less than 900K I believe.

According to TSN, "Laine camp says trade would be mutually beneficial"....https://www.traderumours.com/Laine-f...ts-26440&s=100

Man, I really hope we try hard to get him...Ghost would be the only Dman I would move...not sure how it would work though....The only forwards I would trade at this point are Jake and JVR and maybe G (and any of Raffl/Laughton/NAK)

According to TSN, "Laine camp says trade would be mutually beneficial"....https://www.traderumours.com/Laine-f...ts-26440&s=100

Man, I really hope we try hard to get him...Ghost would be the only Dman I would move...not sure how it would work though....The only forwards I would trade at this point are Jake and JVR and maybe G (and any of Raffl/Laughton/NAK)
    Ghost+jake+the next 2 drafts.

Take all my quarters dimes nickels and pennies just give me the dollar

Provy-Myers
    Sanheim-Vatanen
    Gus-Braun
    Hagg/Friedman

We need a Danny B or someone with his mentality.... i would take someone with half his fire come the playoffs... that being said G looked old in the playoffs and who knows how vora/JVR will end up a season older as well

this is true but i think you don't realize that we didn't have 3 potential top 6/9 players: lindblom, Patrick, frost. AV was playing thompson/grant way too much, farabee played well but he needs more nhl time to get bigger/better, ghost never played, tk/couts were missing wide-open nets. People love to blame giroux but if couts and tk scored those tap ins giroux would've had 3-4 more assists.

Not to mention thierrien sucks as a pp coach..hate him on this coaching staff. Also, i just cant picture tk never scoring in a playoff run again.
    When I was in the army one of my buddies told me something that his dad always said: Potential means not worth a ***** yet.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast