Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    1 of Sanheim, Myers, or Ghost won't be a Flyer much longer.

Myers was an undrafted Dman and if he gets you a top 6 scoring winger it's a win.

Sanheim doesn't make sense to move for a top 6 winger unless you think York or Zamula are ready for the NHL next year.

Ghost makes the most sense from a stand point he doesn't have a place on the team anymore. So if he can get you a top 6 winger you trade him.
    we don't need any top 6 winger...we need defense right now more than anything right now. Trade myers for a top 6 winger and we are absolutely ****ed. smfh

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Your view on what is a win for Myers is absolutely horrible. lol Myers is probably the 2nd best defender on this team right now, and on some nights he is the best. Don't trade him for anything.
    for real. No way I am trading him for ehlers type players at all. He is so valuable. This is out parayko..when was the last time we had a 6'5 rhd who can skate, defend, shoot...

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Does anyone know if Gustafson can play the right side comfortably?

I really like the signing. No real risk, and if he returns to 18/19 form you are adding a legitimate top four dman who can provide some offense.

9-5
    6-gus/53
    8/53-61/53

Friedman
    Zamula
    yes he played on the right side with keith a lot. I still don't think its smart to have him in the top 4. He can be a pretty good defensemen if played in the right situations..basically behind provorov and sanheim on the left side. Shelter him and he can be effective as his possession numbers are worse than ghosts so I really don't think he can be effective in the top 4. He will drag whoever he plays with down

I don't want to trade Myers, but if Myers gets you Laine it's a win from the fact that Myers was undrafted. Even with Gus signed I think the team would be better served moving Hagg or Braun but that is not going to happen.

Offseason

I don't want to trade Myers, but if Myers gets you Laine it's a win from the fact that Myers was undrafted. Even with Gus signed I think the team would be better served moving Hagg or Braun but that is not going to happen.
    I think this is a terrible take. I don’t care if the dude played softball up until he was signed by the Flyers, you don’t justify trading a good player by saying “welp, he was a LFer on the Canadian Softball league, so it’s not a loss.”

Bob was an undrafted player too but I know how much we all wish we still had him (up until recently, obviously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

So Gus has played the right side a lot with Keith and only has 2 full years in the league thus far.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...rik-gustafsson

I think some people are getting him confused with the other 100 Gustafssons in the NHL. He actually has been a half PPG player as a defenseman and is a low risk, high reward signing. He is exactly what Ghost would be to another team if they got him...a hope that he could return to a form he had a season (or two) ago. It would be nice to keep both and play this season out with them both on the roster, but our coaches just won't do it...at least I don't think so...

Provy-Myers
    Sanheim-Gus
    Ghost/Hagg-Braun

I personally think that Ghost is gone...If we're not making a move for Laine or someone of that ilk, I hope he's not, because that lineup of defense could be hella productive offensively...but a liability defensively below the top pairing...ugh...

Did anyone know that Zamula is 6'3"? He only weighed 176lbs which is why he probably didn't make the team. If he can fill out some, man, he could be something similar to a Braydon Coburn (minus 2 inches). That wouldn't be bad for a bottom 4 guy.

Not a huge fan but what about Anthony Duclair on a 1 year 1.5 mil prove it deal.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think this is a terrible take. I don’t care if the dude played softball up until he was signed by the Flyers, you don’t justify trading a good player by saying “welp, he was a LFer on the Canadian Softball league, so it’s not a loss.”

Bob was an undrafted player too but I know how much we all wish we still had him (up until recently, obviously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    for real. This guy was gifted to us since he was undrafted and now we just want to get rid of him to get a guy who just scores. Our biggest needs are defense first and then scoring. I think everyone just looks at the playoffs and thinks that we will never score again. We are basically getting (potentially) three free agents in frost, lindblom, and Patrick. That could be 40+ goals we didn't have and it could be more.

without myers we almost have to keep ghost and would have such a huge hole on our defense:

provorov-ghost
    sanheim-gus
    hagg-braun

that just looks so awful and it will never get us anywhere

Not a huge fan but what about Anthony Duclair on a 1 year 1.5 mil prove it deal.
    we have no need for wings. If jvr wasn't here I would be more than happy to get someone on a short deal. Duclair will probably get more though but I would offer a 1 year deal. Problem is, we have no room right now:

g-couts-voracek
    jvr-hayes-Farabee
    lindblom-parick/frost-tk
    raffl-laughton-nak

this lineup still doesn't even have BOTH of Patrick and frost which could be:

g-couts-voracek
    jvr-hayes-Farabee
    lindblom-parick-tk
    laughton-frost-raffl/nak

G Couts Jake line doesn't work. Everyone wants to pass the puck. Everyone complained we need s sniper, there is no sniper on that line, maybe Couts a little but a 40+ goal scorer.

Lindblom Couts Jake
    G Hayes TK
    JVR Frost/Patrick Farabee
    Laughton/Raffl Laughton/Frost NAK

Biggest wildcard is Patrick. Can he play and if he does play what does he bring?

G Couts Jake line doesn't work. Everyone wants to pass the puck. Everyone complained we need s sniper, there is no sniper on that line, maybe Couts a little but a 40+ goal scorer.

Lindblom Couts Jake
    G Hayes TK
    JVR Frost/Patrick Farabee
    Laughton/Raffl Laughton/Frost NAK

Biggest wildcard is Patrick. Can he play and if he does play what does he bring?
    umm that is our best line besides g-couts-tk lol. Just because they didn't score in the playoffs doesn't mean they don't work?!?! Even if you change that line, we have no other snipers besides tk that can work. Hayes with g and tk don't work at all. Hayes holds onto the puck way too much and makes tk so ineffective as he likes to play fast.

those were just lines to show that we have no room for 1 year deal wingers...I want these ones:

g-couts-tk
    jvr-hayes-farabee
    lindblom-frost/patrick-voracek
    raffl-laughton-nak

I want hayes to be with guys that don't need the puck as much. In the playoffs, hayes made this one play that just screamed to me that tk needs to be away from him. They were both rushing into the zone w/ tk a little ahead waiting for a breakout pass. Hayes just held onto it, making tk lose his speed to remain onside...and then they literally ran into each other cus tk had no idea wtf hayes was going to do. No chemistry at all. Just put two wings with hayes that can play with him and keep the skill/fast guys with our two best skilled-offensive centers in couts+patrick/frost

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    umm that is our best line besides g-couts-tk lol. Just because they didn't score in the playoffs doesn't mean they don't work?!?! Even if you change that line, we have no other snipers besides tk that can work. Hayes with g and tk don't work at all. Hayes holds onto the puck way too much and makes tk so ineffective as he likes to play fast.

those were just lines to show that we have no room for 1 year deal wingers...I want these ones:

g-couts-tk
    jvr-hayes-farabee
    lindblom-frost/patrick-voracek
    raffl-laughton-nak

I want hayes to be with guys that don't need the puck as much. In the playoffs, hayes made this one play that just screamed to me that tk needs to be away from him. They were both rushing into the zone w/ tk a little ahead waiting for a breakout pass. Hayes just held onto it, making tk lose his speed to remain onside...and then they literally ran into each other cus tk had no idea wtf hayes was going to do. No chemistry at all. Just put two wings with hayes that can play with him and keep the skill/fast guys with our two best skilled-offensive centers in couts+patrick/frost
    There's always room for a 23 goal 40 pt guy with speed for days on 1 year deals.

(Duclair did that in 66 games)

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    There's always room for a 23 goal 40 pt guy with speed for days on 1 year deals.

(Duclair did that in 66 games)
    ifffff he gets a 1 year and we still would need to trade 1-2 guys or we have a huge logjam.

ifffff he gets a 1 year and we still would need to trade 1-2 guys or we have a huge logjam.
    23-14-11
    49-28-93
    25-13-48/21/19

Not really seeing a log jam worth avoiding an upside, no risk signing.

we have no need for wings. If jvr wasn't here I would be more than happy to get someone on a short deal. Duclair will probably get more though but I would offer a 1 year deal. Problem is, we have no room right now:

g-couts-voracek
    jvr-hayes-Farabee
    lindblom-parick/frost-tk
    raffl-laughton-nak

this lineup still doesn't even have BOTH of Patrick and frost which could be:

g-couts-voracek
    jvr-hayes-Farabee
    lindblom-parick-tk
    laughton-frost-raffl/nak
    We can't score in a whorehouse with a fist full of fifties. We need a wing that can shoot the puck.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast