Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Bookmark this. Cuz 3 summers from now idk if that's gonna hold true
    Tanev, Krug, and Brodie are the only ones going to be under contract at that time. JVR and all other signings will be free agents 3 summers from now. Tanev is an overpayment in my opinion and will hurt starting this season more than likely. Krug has the potential for disaster. Brodie could be a solid move until the last season or two...but the Leafs should still get the value in the front half of that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ya well i started to hate that signing very quickly like cubs. He is putting a dent in fletchers plans to do something. There are some scorers in fa to get. Hoffman would've been nice if we could've used jvr's contract...
    Yeah, I agree with that. I also feel like we are a team that can greatly benefit from the Covid revenue uncertainty. A lot of GMs are going to be careful about what they are going to sign as far as long term, big money deals because there is no sure thing that the cap will go up at the end of the 3 years of flat cap. It also may help out with some extensions, like on Sanheim, Myers, Farabee, even Couts...

so ryan white does these scrimmages for players...there is a video on Instagram and patirkc has been in them. He has been playing these 5on5 scrimmages but they are really slow/no contact. Promising sign...

lets just get montour...he should be cheaper than what he was traded for: 1st + guhle (one of buffalo's top d prospects at the time). Something like hagg+3rd

I definitely think he can be had for less and just figure out expansion crap later:

provorov-myers
    sanheim-montour
    ghost-braun
    freidman

damn i guess montour resigned...

So is there anyone left worth signing as far as a dman? I know Pietrangelo, who else is there. Maybe Vatanen? What about trades? Hagg & Braun are not a good pairing. Maybe

Provy Sanheim/Myers
    Sanheim/Myers Hagg
    Ghost Braun

Not that I want to give top 4 minutes to Hagg but it breaks up that last pairing and gives each line a mobile dman.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    so ryan white does these scrimmages for players...there is a video on Instagram and patirkc has been in them. He has been playing these 5on5 scrimmages but they are really slow/no contact. Promising sign...
    Definitely encouraging. Also, I think Montour signed a 1 year extension. I find it odd that Barrie signed for only one year as well for only 3.75M.

Not sure if Vatanen has been any good the past couple years, but I saw that the Flyers were kicking the tires on possibly grabbing Andy Greene for a year. Not a bad lefty option for our top 6.

Some right handed guys available to my knowledge are Hamonic, Ceci, Piets, Vatanen, Bogo...Out of those, for some reason Ceci screams Fletcher type move...I dont know why...but it does. lol I wouldn't mind Vatanen as long as we don't give him any NTC/NMC. I still would like Piets off that list or try to get Pulock from the Isles (which would never happen) lol

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    So is there anyone left worth signing as far as a dman? I know Pietrangelo, who else is there. Maybe Vatanen? What about trades? Hagg & Braun are not a good pairing. Maybe

Provy Sanheim/Myers
    Sanheim/Myers Hagg
    Ghost Braun

Not that I want to give top 4 minutes to Hagg but it breaks up that last pairing and gives each line a mobile dman.
    id rather have a good top 4 than have these guys bring down productive players. Keep hagg/braun away from ghost, Myers, prove, sanheim.

Might be a very smart move to stand pat in advance of expansion ... you’d think the radio silence is either that or a big trade is brewing

Patrick back for the year, and Lindblom a full year are two very good “signings” ... and I think they view provorov as the vet, and pair him with Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Might be a very smart move to stand pat in advance of expansion ... you’d think the radio silence is either that or a big trade is brewing

Patrick back for the year, and Lindblom a full year are two very good “signings” ... and I think they view provorov as the vet, and pair him with Ghost
    I like that to be honest. The only thing I would like us to do, which I'm sure we have, is make an attempt at Laine. Heck, tell them since we let them sign Thompson we should get first crack! lol Maybe offer a 1 year deal to Vatanen as well. He wouldn't look bad with Provy.

Provy-Vats
    Ghost-Myers
    Sanheim-Braun
    Hagg-Friedman

I honestly think the plan is to have Friedman play full time next year beings that he's a right handed shot. He was definitely solid in the games he played and did not look out of place.

Can't wait for pouliot to make the team. Even more excited for pouliot to take ghosts lineup spot.

Piets signing with LV probably. Pouliot & Criscuolo are going to be our signings. Patrick, Lindblom, & Frost are going to be our players moving forward instead of signing a FA.

I'm bored.

Chara

Make it happen chucky

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'm bored.

Chara

Make it happen chucky
    I’m bored too; but Steagles, you must be dying, Chucky-two-trades is being less exciting than Hexy haha

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I’m bored too; but Steagles, you must be dying, Chucky-two-trades is being less exciting than Hexy haha
    Pouliot is going to play. And I'm shocked nobody else is mentioning it

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast