Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 692

Thread: Offseason

  1. #571
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Bookmark this. Cuz 3 summers from now idk if that's gonna hold true
    Tanev, Krug, and Brodie are the only ones going to be under contract at that time. JVR and all other signings will be free agents 3 summers from now. Tanev is an overpayment in my opinion and will hurt starting this season more than likely. Krug has the potential for disaster. Brodie could be a solid move until the last season or two...but the Leafs should still get the value in the front half of that contract.

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ya well i started to hate that signing very quickly like cubs. He is putting a dent in fletchers plans to do something. There are some scorers in fa to get. Hoffman would've been nice if we could've used jvr's contract...
    Yeah, I agree with that. I also feel like we are a team that can greatly benefit from the Covid revenue uncertainty. A lot of GMs are going to be careful about what they are going to sign as far as long term, big money deals because there is no sure thing that the cap will go up at the end of the 3 years of flat cap. It also may help out with some extensions, like on Sanheim, Myers, Farabee, even Couts...

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    so ryan white does these scrimmages for players...there is a video on Instagram and patirkc has been in them. He has been playing these 5on5 scrimmages but they are really slow/no contact. Promising sign...

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    lets just get montour...he should be cheaper than what he was traded for: 1st + guhle (one of buffalo's top d prospects at the time). Something like hagg+3rd

    I definitely think he can be had for less and just figure out expansion crap later:

    provorov-myers
    sanheim-montour
    ghost-braun
    freidman

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    damn i guess montour resigned...

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    So is there anyone left worth signing as far as a dman? I know Pietrangelo, who else is there. Maybe Vatanen? What about trades? Hagg & Braun are not a good pairing. Maybe

    Provy Sanheim/Myers
    Sanheim/Myers Hagg
    Ghost Braun

    Not that I want to give top 4 minutes to Hagg but it breaks up that last pairing and gives each line a mobile dman.

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    so ryan white does these scrimmages for players...there is a video on Instagram and patirkc has been in them. He has been playing these 5on5 scrimmages but they are really slow/no contact. Promising sign...
    Definitely encouraging. Also, I think Montour signed a 1 year extension. I find it odd that Barrie signed for only one year as well for only 3.75M.

    Not sure if Vatanen has been any good the past couple years, but I saw that the Flyers were kicking the tires on possibly grabbing Andy Greene for a year. Not a bad lefty option for our top 6.

    Some right handed guys available to my knowledge are Hamonic, Ceci, Piets, Vatanen, Bogo...Out of those, for some reason Ceci screams Fletcher type move...I dont know why...but it does. lol I wouldn't mind Vatanen as long as we don't give him any NTC/NMC. I still would like Piets off that list or try to get Pulock from the Isles (which would never happen) lol

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    So is there anyone left worth signing as far as a dman? I know Pietrangelo, who else is there. Maybe Vatanen? What about trades? Hagg & Braun are not a good pairing. Maybe

    Provy Sanheim/Myers
    Sanheim/Myers Hagg
    Ghost Braun

    Not that I want to give top 4 minutes to Hagg but it breaks up that last pairing and gives each line a mobile dman.
    id rather have a good top 4 than have these guys bring down productive players. Keep hagg/braun away from ghost, Myers, prove, sanheim.

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,388
    Might be a very smart move to stand pat in advance of expansion ... you’d think the radio silence is either that or a big trade is brewing

    Patrick back for the year, and Lindblom a full year are two very good “signings” ... and I think they view provorov as the vet, and pair him with Ghost

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Might be a very smart move to stand pat in advance of expansion ... you’d think the radio silence is either that or a big trade is brewing

    Patrick back for the year, and Lindblom a full year are two very good “signings” ... and I think they view provorov as the vet, and pair him with Ghost
    I like that to be honest. The only thing I would like us to do, which I'm sure we have, is make an attempt at Laine. Heck, tell them since we let them sign Thompson we should get first crack! lol Maybe offer a 1 year deal to Vatanen as well. He wouldn't look bad with Provy.

    Provy-Vats
    Ghost-Myers
    Sanheim-Braun
    Hagg-Friedman

    I honestly think the plan is to have Friedman play full time next year beings that he's a right handed shot. He was definitely solid in the games he played and did not look out of place.

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,723
    Can't wait for pouliot to make the team. Even more excited for pouliot to take ghosts lineup spot.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    Piets signing with LV probably. Pouliot & Criscuolo are going to be our signings. Patrick, Lindblom, & Frost are going to be our players moving forward instead of signing a FA.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,723
    I'm bored.

    Chara

    Make it happen chucky

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,388
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'm bored.

    Chara

    Make it happen chucky
    I’m bored too; but Steagles, you must be dying, Chucky-two-trades is being less exciting than Hexy haha

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I’m bored too; but Steagles, you must be dying, Chucky-two-trades is being less exciting than Hexy haha
    Pouliot is going to play. And I'm shocked nobody else is mentioning it

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •