Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm fine with Braun being paid like a 6th/7th defender IF he is actually used like that. But we all know he won't be used like that and he's terrible.
    braun will but then you have him with hagg. Both together just absolutely suck and the playoffs showed it. They are so slow. AV overuse these slow "vets" so much. From playing the bottom 6 more in the playoffs, putting giroux on the 3rd line with grant for a game or two, the powerplay...AV/thierrien suck and scare tf outta me

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I mean, yeah, sure, but that's not the point I was making. It wasn't "JVR was the 2nd best pick in the draft" it's that "I think people are more down on JVR because he wasn't Kane" and "If Foerester has a career similar to JVR we shouldn't be upset".

Yes, JVR wasn't Kane. And yes, he ended up not being the 2nd best player. But he wasnt a bust, either. He carved out a useful career. That's pretty good. Even if it's less than we'd have really liked.
    if he has a career like jvr at this pick its a win..i think he can. He has a much better wrist and slap shot than jvr already I think. He is more aware defensively which is nice. He is a pretty good passer as well. If he fixes the skating its even better.

I see him taking giroux's spot on the pp in the future unleashing that shot. Then frost in voracek's spot and having the pp run through him, tk in couts spot..

i just think it hurts us a lot more. Some rumors are saying tk is part of the package which i think is terrible. Other rumors are more sanheim, 1st +. We worked so hard to get a top 3 of provorov, sanheim, and Myers and now we will just give it away. We aren't signing pietrangelo and if we trade one of the 3 we are truly ****ed. We don't have niskanen and now ghost is going to be in the top 4. If ghost doesn't regain form, our defense will suffer a little but sanheim/myers are going to be taking huge steps this coming year. I don't see how an improved offense can bring us over the top when we wont be able to bring it out of our own zone.
    ghost is gone. there's something like an 80% chance he gets traded before next season's trade deadline (i'd say it's around 20% that he gets traded today, fwiw), which means he's not going to be on the roster for the playoffs, which means he's not worth penciling into any future plans.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i just think it hurts us a lot more. Some rumors are saying tk is part of the package which i think is terrible. Other rumors are more sanheim, 1st +. We worked so hard to get a top 3 of provorov, sanheim, and Myers and now we will just give it away. We aren't signing pietrangelo and if we trade one of the 3 we are truly ****ed. We don't have niskanen and now ghost is going to be in the top 4. If ghost doesn't regain form, our defense will suffer a little but sanheim/myers are going to be taking huge steps this coming year. I don't see how an improved offense can bring us over the top when we wont be able to bring it out of our own zone.

Then we have to resign hart, giroux, Myers (after his bridge), faraabee, couts...a laine contract of 8+ hurts UNLESS we can get rid of jvr
    You don't know that we aren't getting Pietrangelo, so to me that statement is irrelevant. Having a top 3 of Provorov, Myers, and York could be nice as well and I think people are missing that point. York makes Sanheim a LITTLE expendable. Zamula and Friedman are also waiting in the wings as 4-6 options and we still have Hagg. If we grab Piets, our defense is set for the next 5 years even if we trade the Sandman. Adding Laine makes your offense that much better. Add on top of that Hart's development over the next season or two and you have a cup contender like we have not had in about a decade or more...

braun will but then you have him with hagg. Both together just absolutely suck and the playoffs showed it. They are so slow. AV overuse these slow "vets" so much. From playing the bottom 6 more in the playoffs, putting giroux on the 3rd line with grant for a game or two, the powerplay...AV/thierrien suck and scare tf outta me
    i'm not gonna argue that the coaching staff couldn't have done better at points, but for ****s sake guy, they won a playoff series in year one, and they got to game 7 in round 2, which means at the very least they weren't swept out of the bubble.

this season was a success; just step back and let it breathe.

emil andrae

Andrae makes up for his lack of size with excellent mobility. He is an extremely fast skater in both directions. Andrae is explosive, with a good first step and excellent acceleration as well, allowing him to reach that top speed even quicker. However, it is his edgework and agility that is even better. He is able to manoeuvre through traffic both with and without the puck. Andrae’s pivots are extremely smooth. He can transition quickly from offence to defence and vice-versa. Andrae is very graceful. At times it appears that he is floating above the ice. Andrae will need to get stronger though. This will help his balance and help him to be stronger on the puck. His low centre of gravity is an advantage, but more core strength will help him adjust to the North American game.
    Despite his size, Andrae is willing to throw hits and play a physical game in the defensive end, though there are questions how this will translate against men. He is willing to battle in the corners and in front of the net. His ability to transition the puck up the ice quickly also helps prevent the opponent’s zone time. An active stick helps him to knock the puck away from opponents and create turnovers. He reads and anticipates the play well. Andrae sometimes gambles a bit too much in trying to push the offence though. This can leave him out of position and lead to an odd-man rush against when he gets caught up the ice.
    -- last word on sports

181 lbs is solid for a 5'8" kid at 18.

Dan Rosen @drosennhl
    TRADE: Predators trade Nick Bonino and picks Nos. 37 and 70 in this draft to the Wild for Luke Kunin and pick No. 101 in this draft.
    three possibilities:

1 - luke kunin is undervalued
    2 - the market for nick bonino was highly contested
    3 - MIN is a terribly run franchise

Realistically, without us holding onto any salary, this is where I would expect to see Ghost traded.

Also, if you pick up a 3rd for ghost, I wouldn't mind trading that pick with JVR to someone for their 5th or something to drop his salary. You net a gain of a 5th rounder and 11.5M in cap space for Ghost and JVR. If you can then turn around and trade Jake, Sanheim, and next year's 1st for Laine and sign Piets you should have a nice team set up for the next 5 years...

G-Couts-Laine
    TK-Hayes-Lindblom
    Frost-Patrick-Farabee
    Raffl-Laughton-NAK

Provy-Piets
    Myers-FA
    Hagg-Braun/Friedman

Hart & Elliot

#VideoGameTrades

EDIT: NVM...just noticed that we traded both a 2019 2nd and 2020 3rd for Braun....what a horrible trade...
    Last edited by LLMunchie619; 10-07-2020 at 02:19 PM.

So Corrections here. I did the math and for some reason the cap friendly cap space is incorrect. I think they have not taken into account Niskanen's money coming off the books yet. According to my math, as is, we have around 72M on the books in cap hits and 9.5M in cap space while needing to sign NP and Myers (probably not more than 4-4.5AAV total between the two of them).

I just don't see us going into the season with 5M let alone 9.5M (after trading Ghost). We can even trade JVR and end up with closer to/over 15M in space...Pietrangelo would be a nice add if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    So Corrections here. I did the math and for some reason the cap friendly cap space is incorrect. I think they have not taken into account Niskanen's money coming off the books yet. According to my math, as is, we have around 72M on the books in cap hits and 9.5M in cap space while needing to sign NP and Myers (probably not more than 4-4.5AAV total between the two of them).

I just don't see us going into the season with 5M let alone 9.5M (after trading Ghost). We can even trade JVR and end up with closer to/over 15M in space...Pietrangelo would be a nice add if that's the case.
    Once again, my issue with adding pietrangelo is asset management. He's going to have a NMC through the expansion (assuming). This is going to force someone like TK, Oskar, sanheim or myers to be exposed.

Giving players like that away for free is not a good

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Once again, my issue with adding pietrangelo is asset management. He's going to have a NMC through the expansion (assuming). This is going to force someone like TK, Oskar, sanheim or myers to be exposed.

Giving players like that away for free is not a good
    +1

I like the Wisdom pick. He's got 3C upside. Nice get where we picked him. That's 3 NHL upside top-9/top-4 guys. Can't complain.

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast