Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i think that's overblown.

this year, we got 21 goals in 102 (out of 276 possible) games from farabee, lindblom, frost and patrick. it's not guaranteed that all of them will be healthier and more productive than they were this past season, but it is relatively likely that their combined performance next season will be an upgrade from this season.

until we see what they're capable of, i can't say it's necessary to pay a ransom to get another high-value forward.

you can say that, but that doesn't mean it's true. and even if provorov is ready for that step up, if sanheim and myers aren't ready to be the #2/3 Ds, then we're still behind the 8-ball.

basically, if you like provorov as a #1 defenseman, you're going to love him as a #2.
    I donít think our lack of offense is overblown, we have only beat Montreal in a playoff since 2012 ... and it was an expanded playoff. We canít score.

Pietrangelo is a bit older and I think has lost a step.

I also said provorov SHOULD be able to be the true #1 this year, no vet needed. Should and will be are very different

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    should we try to get taylor hall? he said he wants to sign for a short deal. We got the cap now..?
    No lol.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Wonder what the asking price for OEL is.

If the flyers add another bonafide top 4 dman, there's a ton of risk coming in this expansion draft.
    York, Frost, and a 1st

I'm not up on buying out contracts. But what about buying out JVR's if you can't trade him? I think MacD is done now.

In a perfect world the flyers flip sanheim in a package for laine, sign pietrangelo and find a way to shed JVRs cap hit to make it all fit.

28-14-laine
    23-13-11
    49-19/48/21-19/48/21

9-pietrangelo
    53-5
    8-61
    Friedman

In a perfect world the flyers flip sanheim in a package for laine, sign pietrangelo and find a way to shed JVRs cap hit to make it all fit.

28-14-laine
    23-13-11
    49-19/48/21-19/48/21

9-pietrangelo
    53-5
    8-61
    Friedman
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole here, but when you have couturier, pietrangelo, provorov and hart, you're going to be a cup contender on the strength of your defense alone.

adding enough offense to support that identity is a very low bar to clear.
    Nailed it. Laine would be a luxury not a necessity if we got Piets.

28-14-laine
    23-13-11
    49-19/48/21-19/48/21

9-pietrangelo
    53-5
    8-61
    Friedman
    Glad youíre on board with this

I think, realistically, something like:

Sanheim, Voracek, 1st to Winnipeg for Laine and Andrew Copp (1 year left at 2.2m to make all the $ work)

JVR and a 2nd to Detroit or Ottawa for a 5th round pick

Sign Pietrangelo for 5 years/35m

Lindblom Couturier Laine
    Farabee Hayes TK
    Frost Patty G
    Raf Laughton NAK

Provorov Myers
    Ghost Pietr
    Hagg/Zamula Braun/Friedman

Iím a pretty big fan of this, especially if everyone can stay healthy

A couple of opinions here that may be unpopular...

1.) Don't trade Frost. I have a feeling that he could be our next Giroux or Briere.

2.) Do everything in your power to not trade Sanheim/Myers and do not trade Couts, Provy, Hart, TK, Lindblom, York, or Farabee if you can help it. These are our core players. If Sanheim goes to Winn for Laine, that's okay, but I'm just as okay as not trading Sanheim at all. I would give multiple picks and prospects and a Jake. I would happily trade Jake, Laughton, Ghost, and a 2020 1st and 2020 3rd...hell if they want, throw in another prospect not named above.

3.) Get Piets if the deal is good. The question is, what would be a good price for a player that will turn 31 at the beginning of this year? How much term? NTC?

With Piets alone, we are contenders the next 2 seasons given a healthy NP and Lindblom. If Frost can crack the lineup consistently, we can add that young wildcard to the mix. Remember, NP is capable of putting up 20+ goals a year...Lindblom was already almost there when he went down in December...Frost can be almost anything but is guaranteed to be better than Nate Thompson. Our lineup as a whole is going to be better than last year and we were 1 game from the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    No lol.
    he said he is willing to do a 1 year deal, whats the harm

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    we were 1 game from the ECF.
    and that was with the worst powerplay, no healthy ghost (i think he is going to turn it around), no Patrick, no frost, no lindblom (real impact lindblom) WHILE having an unmotivated niskanen (his retirement/dislike for the bubble definitely shows how lackluster his performance was), AV playing bottom 6 more, having thompson/grant as the bottm6 centers, tk never scoring

and that was with the worst powerplay, no healthy ghost (i think he is going to turn it around), no Patrick, no frost, no lindblom (real impact lindblom) WHILE having an unmotivated niskanen (his retirement/dislike for the bubble definitely shows how lackluster his performance was), AV playing bottom 6 more, having thompson/grant as the bottm6 centers, tk never scoring
    All of which I agree with and all of which add to my point.

Ghost seemed healthy to me when he played the few games he got to play? Idk I could be wrong. But I have faith in Ghost...he just needs to be paired with the right guy. Kinda wanna see him start the year with Meyers.
    Provy - Sanheim
    Ghost - Meyers

Remember when the issue with the PP was them missing the net or never shooting to begin with? Now we can't even get in the zone. Oh, the good old days...

I really don't see why they didn't try Frost in the round robin games at 3c. Even if you go 0-3 you're still in so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    Ghost seemed healthy to me when he played the few games he got to play? Idk I could be wrong. But I have faith in Ghost...he just needs to be paired with the right guy. Kinda wanna see him start the year with Meyers.
    Provy - Sanheim
    Ghost - Meyers

Remember when the issue with the PP was them missing the net or never shooting to begin with? Now we can't even get in the zone. Oh, the good old days...

I really don't see why they didn't try Frost in the round robin games at 3c. Even if you go 0-3 you're still in so who cares.
    ya that's what i saw too. He looked the best he had all year in the bubble/playoffs. He has said that this is the best he has felt in years.

I see jvr, lindblom and ghost having bounce back seasons. I can see lindblom and jvr gettgin 20+ goals and ghost getting 40+ points

ya that's what i saw too. He looked the best he had all year in the bubble/playoffs. He has said that this is the best he has felt in years.

I see jvr, lindblom and ghost having bounce back seasons. I can see lindblom and jvr gettgin 20+ goals and ghost getting 40+ points
    Yeah, I saw him saying that. Which is why we I was saying they need to not trade him yet. I have no idea why he didn't play...but when he did, he played well, idc what anyone says, don't @ me.

I can see JVR having a huge bounceback season if he remembers that his bread and butter is garbage goals from out front. I don't care what they said in the press conferences, JVR was brought in to replace a declining Simmer. So play the style.

As for Lindblom, his progression is likely going to be pretty linear to return to where he was before he went out. As long as the cancer stays in remission, the sky is the limit for him imo. I really like his game.

So Domi and a pick for Anderson?? Holy crap... And a lot of people got bought out. None that I hope we bring here but this is getting good.

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast