Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Hockey Buzz Eklund @Eklund

Niskanen retiring from the Flyers. May be the first casualty of the pandemic. An older player who has made his money. doesn't want bubbles or risks, hard to blame him...
    Hockey Buzz Eklund @Eklund
    Flyers source tells me they will be aggressively pursuing Pietrangelo. In the end it will be the players call.

pietrangelo would be one hell of an addition.

one thing to keep in mind:
    fletcher likes to do his work early (he traded for hayes, niskanen and braun pre-draft last summer; he also traded weise and cut lehtera almost 2 months before the trade deadline in 2019). if there's anything to this, we shouldn't have to wait long.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    pietrangelo would be one hell of an addition.

one thing to keep in mind:
    fletcher likes to do his work early (he traded for hayes, niskanen and braun pre-draft last summer; he also traded weise and cut lehtera almost 2 months before the trade deadline in 2019). if there's anything to this, we shouldn't have to wait long.
    Without moving both JVR and Voracek, it will be impossible to add Laine and Pietrangelo ... Im out on adding him if that means we dont add a Laine, who we also have been linked to.

Without moving both JVR and Voracek, it will be impossible to add Laine and Pietrangelo ... Im out on adding him if that means we dont add a Laine, who we also have been linked to.
    pietrangelo is a free agent; laine is not a free agent.

even if you'd rather have laine than pietrangelo (i could not disagree more with that opinion, fwiw), if WPG wants to send laine somewhere else, the flyers would be **** out of luck.

pietrangelo is a free agent; laine is not a free agent.

even if you'd rather have laine than pietrangelo (i could not disagree more with that opinion, fwiw), if WPG wants to send laine somewhere else, the flyers would be **** out of luck.
    I know this, one via trade (linked to) and one signing. I noted we needed another RHD earlier, Pietr fits the bill, but Id much prefer an offensive shakeup for someone who can score and is an actual threat to score every shift ... we have some solid defensive prospects and made a decent move to acquire Nisky ... maybe look at a cheaper option like trading for Montour who is younger and faster to play with Provorov, who should be our #1 and not need the vet anymore - he is the vet.

We need someone offensively elite.
    Last edited by castan_b; 10-05-2020 at 10:33 PM.

If you sign Pietrangelo that would put Ghost back in the trading block. Ghost, Voracek, Sandstrom, & 2nd for Laine.

Provy Pietrangelo
    Sanheim Myers
    Hagg Braun
    Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    If you sign Pietrangelo that would put Ghost back in the trading block. Ghost, Voracek, Sandstrom, & 2nd for Laine.

Provy Pietrangelo
    Sanheim Myers
    Hagg Braun
    Friedman
    I'd jump on that deal, but I doubt the Jets will.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Braun as a bottom pair guy is okay...not ideal, but okay. This clearly shows that I was wrong about York being ready this year, so I'll eat that one. I guess I was just hopeful thinking he would pan out quicker...He will be a nice addition some day. I really do think he could jump in and be our number 4 or 5 guy.

We have a net gain of 4M this year with Nisky retiring and the Braun signing. If we sign Piets, that would be sick...our defense would be largely improved...

I agree with crzyhawk, that deal is a little too lowball. If you keep 1.75M AAV of Jakes $ and make it a 1st, then you have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post

Provy Pietrangelo
    Sanheim Myers
    Hagg Braun
    Friedman
    It would probably be more like ... Sanheim, Voracek, and a 1st

Provy Myers
    Ghost Pietr
    Zamula Braun/Hagg

Id do that ...

wed also have to trade JVR + 2nd to someone for a 7th
    Last edited by castan_b; 10-05-2020 at 11:06 PM.

i think that's overblown.

this year, we got 21 goals in 102 (out of 276 possible) games from farabee, lindblom, frost and patrick. it's not guaranteed that all of them will be healthier and more productive than they were this past season, but it is relatively likely that their combined performance next season will be an upgrade from this season.

until we see what they're capable of, i can't say it's necessary to pay a ransom to get another high-value forward.
    Provorov, who should be our #1 and not need the vet anymore - he is the vet.
    you can say that, but that doesn't mean it's true. and even if provorov is ready for that step up, if sanheim and myers aren't ready to be the #2/3 Ds, then we're still behind the 8-ball.

basically, if you like provorov as a #1 defenseman, you're going to love him as a #2.

i don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole here, but when you have couturier, pietrangelo, provorov and hart, you're going to be a cup contender on the strength of your defense alone.

adding enough offense to support that identity is a very low bar to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    1.8m hit for Braun is fine, he is just fine for a bottom pairing RHD that doesnt adversely affect the cap.

Nisky retiring helps our cap situation greatly but hurts our lineup tremendously. Braun had to be resigned or wed only have one RHD on the roster with NHL experience (Myers) ...
    its really no though. This means more hagg AND braun together. Its awful. There should only be one of them

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I know this, one via trade (linked to) and one signing. I noted we needed another RHD earlier, Pietr fits the bill, but Id much prefer an offensive shakeup for someone who can score and is an actual threat to score every shift ... we have some solid defensive prospects and made a decent move to acquire Nisky ... maybe look at a cheaper option like trading for Montour who is younger and faster to play with Provorov, who should be our #1 and not need the vet anymore - he is the vet.

i don't want to trade assets to get montour who can potentially be stolen by Seattle. makes no sense unless montour helps win us a cup (he ain't the missing piece). Would love him though. Our offense right now is based on its depth. We lost that with lindlom/patrick. We get that back with lindblom and first this year. We should be fine offensively. Yes, it would be nice to have a guy like kucherov but tamp and blues showed that 4 really good lines that can all score is essential:

g-couts-tk
    jvr-hayes-farabee
    lindblom-frost-voracek
    raffl-laughton-nak

these are lines that can do damage and on any given night can lead the scoring. patrick comes back and we are crazy. Id rather patch up the defense that was so spotty in the playoffs

i think that's overblown.

this year, we got 21 goals in 102 (out of 276 possible) games from farabee, lindblom, frost and patrick. it's not guaranteed that all of them will be healthier and more productive than they were this past season, but it is relatively likely that their combined performance next season will be an upgrade from this season.

until we see what they're capable of, i can't say it's necessary to pay a ransom to get another high-value forward.

you can say that, but that doesn't mean it's true. and even if provorov is ready for that step up, if sanheim and myers aren't ready to be the #2/3 Ds, then we're still behind the 8-ball.

basically, if you like provorov as a #1 defenseman, you're going to love him as a #2.
    i think sanheim and Myers are more than ready to take over 2/3. They both saw big roles in the playoffs and played great in the first. They had moments in the 2nd but they are young guys that barely have playoff experience. These guys are going to get their ice time increased. Im excited to see what they can do

sanheim fromst 20--->22/23
    myers from 17--->20-22

should we try to get taylor hall? he said he wants to sign for a short deal. We got the cap now..?

Wonder what the asking price for OEL is.

If the flyers add another bonafide top 4 dman, there's a ton of risk coming in this expansion draft.

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast