Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Speaking on Ghost for a second though, there are rumors that he is on the block and Florida is interested. What do you guys want from Florida for Ghost?

Dadonov or Connelly. Either could be used to sweeting a deal for Laine.

there was a rumor that oilers will move #14 for a later 1st+2nd...we have done this quite a few times (as the oilers)...would you guys want to do this to just 10 spots? Might be a really good player there if some guys fall. I don't know many of the picks after the top 15 so idk how deep/great the later picks will be.
    i think i'd be into that.
    Dadonov or Connelly. Either could be used to sweeting a deal for Laine.
    isn't dadonov a free agent?

connolly doesn't interest me; i don't think he has enough upside to warrant taking middle-6 playing time away from frost or farabee next year.

i'd be pretty into serron noel.

ya big hell no to connelly. I would love any of their prospects or picks. Doubt denisenko/heponiemi are available but I wouldn't mind ludvig, noel, schwindt, Luostarinen..saarela is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Depends on who falls. 95% sure I'm not for trading up this year unless it's into the 6-8 range.
    there should be some great players outside the top 8 though.

laf, byfeild, stultze, rossi, raymond, holtz, lundell, perfetti, drysdale, sanderson, jarvis...that's already 11. I bet one or two teams will draft outside of that in the first 11 leaving some great options from 10-15. I would definitely move up. Its a perfect time to move up

Bobby Ryan wants to come to Philly, not really sure he has a place on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Bobby Ryan wants to come to Philly, not really sure he has a place on this team.
    He can stand next to JVR in front of the net on PP2

Im in for ❤️ reasons

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i think i'd be into that.
    isn't dadonov a free agent?

connolly doesn't interest me; i don't think he has enough upside to warrant taking middle-6 playing time away from frost or farabee next year.

i'd be pretty into serron noel.
    Haven't seen your opinion on whether you like the idea of Max Domi. Curious cuz I seem to be on an island here.

Similar to when I was proposing G move to wing.

There are a lot of teams trying to shed salary. I don't expect much of a return for Ghost. They might get a 2nd round pick. It's well known that the Flyers are moving him as a salary dump.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    There are a lot of teams trying to shed salary. I don't expect much of a return for Ghost. They might get a 2nd round pick. It's well known that the Flyers are moving him as a salary dump.
    There's rumors apparently circulating about a gaudreau trade in the works.

From what I read it was jake+ghost+1st as the starting point

I would imagine that would also need to include some salary retention and either a youngish top 9ish (laughton) forward or a mid-level prospect to even be close.

Haven't seen your opinion on whether you like the idea of Max Domi. Curious cuz I seem to be on an island here.

Similar to when I was proposing G move to wing.
    i would prefer not to have to root for a domi.

but on the merits, i'd be pretty good with adding him.

I would imagine that would also need to include some salary retention and either a youngish top 9ish (laughton) forward or a mid-level prospect to even be close.
    it doesn't seem that far off, imo.

voracek and ghost have a ton of upside for a team that's willing to take a risk on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    there should be some great players outside the top 8 though.

laf, byfeild, stultze, rossi, raymond, holtz, lundell, perfetti, drysdale, sanderson, jarvis...that's already 11. I bet one or two teams will draft outside of that in the first 11 leaving some great options from 10-15. I would definitely move up. Its a perfect time to move up
    I want no part of Lundell, Sanderson, or Jarvis in a trade up scenario. There are prospects on par with them that they can draft by staying pat. Greig is a personal favorite of mine if they do make their pick.

Only players I'm trading up for are Lafreniere, Stutzle, Perfetti, Askarov(not for us bc Hart), Byfield, and Raymond and yes in that order. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i would prefer not to have to root for a domi.

but on the merits, i'd be pretty good with adding him.

it doesn't seem that far off, imo.

voracek and ghost have a ton of upside for a team that's willing to take a risk on them.
    I feel like Domi is a perfect fit for what this team needs on the wing and can also provide adequate center depth to deal with injuries. Under 26 year old who's already had a 70 pts 28 goal season. Brings that upside, and after a down year and a falling out with a coach should come cheeper.

I'd love to see gaudreau in Philly when he's still under 30.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post

Circulated by who? Why would Calgary take on that kind of salary? Johnny hockey is another smallish Konecny like player that would get lost in the playoffs against bigger, stronger teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Circulated by who? Why would Calgary take on that kind of salary? Johnny hockey is another smallish Konecny like player that would get lost in the playoffs against bigger, stronger teams.
    I think the difference is the stick handling and speed is near elite with Johnny. I don't think they would take on that Salary, but if we retained some from Jake it may work. The bad part would be that the retained would be for 4 years...probably around 2.5-3M AAV. We'd still get Johnny and around 3MM cap space the next couple years and more after his deal is over.

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast