Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I donít think it would also include TK; that goes to far ... Sanheim, maybe Farabee or Frost, and a 1st ... Sanheim is a valuable, cost controlled asset.

Ideally, they would take Voracek given their coreís age and need for replacement play making wing as they already have Conor and Ehlers who are scorers

Iíd pay Farabee, Iíd think long and hard about Frost ... but probably would ... remember, Frost is good but is he 44 goals as a 19/20 year old good? 5 goals in a game good?

We have an abundance of LHD in the system in Zamula, York, Ghost ... Iím more concerned adding another top 4 RHD to replace Nisky who can stay with provorov for 4 years ... enough switching partners for provy ... which is why I brought up Montour

Interesting to think about for sure
    i wouldn't even trade tk for laine straight up probably. But jets definitely don't want farabee. They have so many wings and have a huge need fr 2 way d and centers. The deal definitely starts with sanheim and farabee + pick. Those are HUGE pieces for us. If Patrick is healthy and playing, it lessens the blow..if not then fletcher has to go and get another ****** center. Defense was just as much of a problem as scoring was and we didn't even have frost, lindblom, Patrick.

Now we have to lose out 2nd best man AND niskanen. We won't win at all. York and zamula won't come until next year and they will be sheltered a lot like sanheim was his first few years. They won't make meaningful contributions right away cus they aren't provorov and coaches don't do that. So we would have:

provorov-myers
    ghost-braun
    hagg-freidman

my god that's awful. I like laine's scoring and think he can regain his 40+ marks but this trade cripples us. Also, I say lets just make myers provorov's main partner already. He deserves a guy like myers more than sanheim and can be a dominant top pair.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 10-09-2020 at 01:45 AM.

now if only we drafed heiskanen...easily would've traded sanheim for a top 6 center. what a miss

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    that's not the full equation, though.

option A:
    in: laine
    out: sanheim, konecny

option B:
    in: pietrangelo
    out: *crickets*

laine comes at a cost. pietrangelo is free.
    I don't view Pietrangelo's AAV and term as free. I'm not interested in a 30 yo D-man on what's going to be a long term deal with high AAV. Laine isn't going to fall off a cliff any time soon barring catastrophic injury.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

that's not the full equation, though.

option A:
    in: laine
    out: sanheim, konecny

option B:
    in: pietrangelo
    out: *crickets*

laine comes at a cost. pietrangelo is free.
    This is almost exactly what I think (in combo with the previous cap post). I saw two separate articles stating that Piets was looking for 9M which is why I think he will get less for two reasons; 1.) Covid Market 2.) The term/age factor. The longer the deal, the lower the AAV (as is usually the case).

I personally don't think it will take TK to get the deal done and may not take Sanheim either to be honest depending on how much Laine is going to want on the market. More than that, the less likely it looks that he is going to sign with Winn, the lower his value becomes. The deal, however, will have to exceed the two 1sts, a 2nd, and 3rd they would get for compensation on a RFA sheet (I think at most he will command 10.5M AAV on an offer sheet and even that may be high...if he exceeds that, the compensation shoots to 4 1sts). Sanheim has extrememly high value right now especially given that he has this year left on a decent cap hit and is an RFA afterward. He would likely cover at least the 2 1sts imo since he is an NHL player now with tons of upside. I don't think you have to trade TK to cover the rest or Frost or Farabee for that matter. You may get away with paying something like an #1 and a mid prospect at that point.

Piets...cash...that's all. Best defense in the league at that point as long as everyone is healthy. Tough to play against all over the ice and someone else that Provy can learn from. Honestly, it's not the sexier of the two moves, but Piets may be the more valuable...we shall see though.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    now if only we drafed heiskanen...easily would've traded sanheim for a top 6 center. what a miss
    Give NP another season before you say that. There was a very good reason that he was a number 1 ranked player...Heiskanen was not a need during that draft and we all know it because we had Provy, Sanheim, and Myers had started his uptick at that time if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I don't view Pietrangelo's AAV and term as free. I'm not interested in a 30 yo D-man on what's going to be a long term deal with high AAV. Laine isn't going to fall off a cliff any time soon barring catastrophic injury.
    I can see that, but while he's not free, we can certainly say that he will have our window open as contenders for the next 3-4 years. After that depends on how he ages. I will say this, he will last a lot longer on a team where Provorov will be relied on more heavily than him.

Also, with Winnipeg now acquiring Stastny, they may not need a 2C. Someone like Laughton with the ability to slide to the wing and play C would be attractive to them.

nvm fake TSN account
    Last edited by LLMunchie619; 10-09-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    nvm fake TSN account
    wait whatttt? i would love this as a ducks fan haah where is this rumor

Pietrangelo, seems like there is no interest in pursuing him from the flyers

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/10/07...l-fleury-more/

Tyler Johnson has been waived....

bobby ryan 1 year 1 mill...if we didnt have jvr, we could've used a 1 year 1 mill deal on him and gone after a bigger fish still..

lundqvist for the same as elliot. Guess he saw flyers as just harts team. Hart is god

Pitlick to Arizona

cam talbot got 3/11 from MIN. that is not a well-run franchise.

cam talbot got 3/11 from MIN. that is not a well-run franchise.
    Should offer them JVR for their 1st rounders in 21 and 22

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast