Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Feel like it's more similar to Scott laughton now than Oskar then
    nah its more than that. Anderson can still be a very effective player who can score 20+ goals, 200+sog/hits, kill pks...

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That wouldn't be such a bad thing. JVR carved out a pretty good career all things told. I think a lot of what people don't love about JVR is that we missed on Kane. He wasn't a monster. But hes been good enough.

If Foerester is JVR 2.0, I wouldn't be upset.

I'm cool with this pick. Elite shot. 2 way winger. Work on the skating. In a weird year, take a skill you think is elite. Work on a flaw you can fix.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    jvr still was the bad pick considering guys like been, couture, and voracek had way better careers. and if people want to bring up that jvr helped in the cup run..those guys would've helped way more

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Lupul is funny. They were saying Corey Perry ... I donít see that at all ... Iím seeing a less physical, better shooting, Patrick Maroon
    maroon? hell no haha hopefully not. He has much better shot.specifcally the slap shot. He does produce a ton on the pp and given that a lot of his goals are from the outside...he might just have too good of a shot for those goalies. Hopefully his game translates. He does have a great read on plays and is great at takeaways which is nice. Saw some twitter videos that showed he is really looking to clean up his skating. He reminds me of perry a little with his skating and length but his game more like toffoli/perry combo
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 10-07-2020 at 01:21 AM.

"The team does need offensively skilled wingers so he does fill that void. Everyone knows the shot by now, but he is a good passer too once established in the OZ. Unfortunately, I think he's only going to give you value in one zone. So that combined with the skating is a bit scary with maybe not much wiggle room. I don't think he's going to offer much in transition.

Statistically, it's a fine offensive profile. His overall offensive involvement was 37% which was just behind the likes of Perfetti and Jarvis. That was boosted by his PP prowess however. At ES that number drops below 30%. And there was a bit of secondary assist "luck". His primary ES involvement was 24% and he only had a primary point on slightly more than half of the ES goals scored when he was on the ice. His ES GF% rel was essentially breakeven (-0.43) so the goal results didn't exactly paint the picture of an impact player at ES.

On the PP he shot 25% this year. That is extremely high and part of the reason I'm not sure his point production will translate to the upper levels quite as well as you'd expect from a guy that paced for nearly 90 points in his draft year. As you can see below on his heat map there are A LOT of perimeter shots. Foerster has a heck of a one-timer (maybe the best in the draft) that can just overwhelm Junior goalies, but I'm not sure you can consistently beat NHL goalies from distance in today's game. Also plays the same position as the Captain. He won't be here forever, but still worth pointing out."

this is a report on him

i think im the only one that doesn't want to give up a ton of players for a guy like laine. I don't see how trading sanheim, frost, and 1st for laine makes us better at all. Our defense was one of our biggest issues as much as our offense and we just wnt to trade our version of ekholm away for a guy who wants a HUGE contract, is really not that great, and costs way too much.

I really wanted perrault with this pick but glad ducks got him

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i think im the only one that doesn't want to give up a ton of players for a guy like laine. I don't see how trading sanheim, frost, and 1st for laine makes us better at all. Our defense was one of our biggest issues as much as our offense and we just wnt to trade our version of ekholm away for a guy who wants a HUGE contract, is really not that great, and costs way too much.

I really wanted perrault with this pick but glad ducks got him
    I could see Sanheim Frost and a1st bring issue but there seems to be lesser packages floating around.

What also makes him not the great outside of wanting a huge contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/1...Dfp6zucCdZsPq4

If this were the case, I would toss in the first next year and our second this year. If Ghost, Laughton, 2020 2nd, and 2021 1st got it done, you do it without blinking. I'd imagine they would feel as though Perfetti may fill that hole at 2C (probably a nice 1C) nicely in a year or so. I'm not moving Sanheim in this deal if it can be avoided.
    I think if that were the deal WPG had been interested in, the deal would have been done.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

wow this sucks. huge blow

niskanen retires
    braun signed for 2 YEARS WTF.

ghost needs to regain for now because he is in the top 4 no matter what now:

provorov-ghost
    sanheim-myers
    hagg-braun
    freidman
    I'm fine with Braun being paid like a 6th/7th defender IF he is actually used like that. But we all know he won't be used like that and he's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Max Domi and a third for Josh anderson?

What does that equate to for Domi from our team? Any guesstimations?
    Nak? I dunno. I'd rather have Nak than Anderson and Domi for that matter though lol!

Are guys really upset about missing out on Lapierre and taking Foerster? All things told, I wouldn't be upset about missing out on him at all. Is he worth picking in the latter third of the 1st rd? Sure, but Foerster has every bit of upside that Lapierre has. I prefer Foerster to him. That said, I would have really liked to take Greig with that pick, but it was a solid pick.

I found this from Foerster's skating work and thought it might be of interest:

https://mobile.twitter.com/paul__mat...87030765260800
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

jvr still was the bad pick considering guys like been, couture, and voracek had way better careers. and if people want to bring up that jvr helped in the cup run..those guys would've helped way more
    I mean, yeah, sure, but that's not the point I was making. It wasn't "JVR was the 2nd best pick in the draft" it's that "I think people are more down on JVR because he wasn't Kane" and "If Foerester has a career similar to JVR we shouldn't be upset".

Yes, JVR wasn't Kane. And yes, he ended up not being the 2nd best player. But he wasnt a bust, either. He carved out a useful career. That's pretty good. Even if it's less than we'd have really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I found this from Foerster's skating work and thought it might be of interest:

https://mobile.twitter.com/paul__mat...87030765260800
    Yep. And that's not from just no one, that's from his team's skating coach. So it's been a priority. And he looks much better in that thread. Which is even now, a month old. I still need to see it in game play, when he's not...just skating, but this wouldn't be the first thing he vastly improved on in a short amount of time (he made monster improvements year 1 to year 2) which suggests he's quite coachable.

In the end, if the Flyers think they can fix his skating, and he's already improving, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

for some frame of reference, in their respective draft years:

foerster: 62 GP, 36 G, 44 A, 80 PTS, -17
    laberge: 56 GP, 23 G, 45 A, 68 PTS, -3
    konecny: 60 GP, 29 G, 39 A, 68 PTS, -1
    strome: 66 GP, 34 G, 28 A, 62 PTS, +9
    frost: 67 GP, 20 G, 42 A, 62 PTS, +15
    ratcliffe: 67 GP, 28 G, 26 A, 54 PTS, -2

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I could see Sanheim Frost and a1st bring issue but there seems to be lesser packages floating around.

What also makes him not the great outside of wanting a huge contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i just think it hurts us a lot more. Some rumors are saying tk is part of the package which i think is terrible. Other rumors are more sanheim, 1st +. We worked so hard to get a top 3 of provorov, sanheim, and Myers and now we will just give it away. We aren't signing pietrangelo and if we trade one of the 3 we are truly ****ed. We don't have niskanen and now ghost is going to be in the top 4. If ghost doesn't regain form, our defense will suffer a little but sanheim/myers are going to be taking huge steps this coming year. I don't see how an improved offense can bring us over the top when we wont be able to bring it out of our own zone.

Then we have to resign hart, giroux, Myers (after his bridge), faraabee, couts...a laine contract of 8+ hurts UNLESS we can get rid of jvr

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast