Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    Craig Button had Foerester rated 16th overall.
    Button's a jackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    posted on july 22:
    Agreed...I'm not excited at all about that pick and think it's more of a waste than Laughton was in the first round.

posted on july 22:
    Lupul is funny. They were saying Corey Perry ... I donít see that at all ... Iím seeing a less physical, better shooting, Patrick Maroon

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Let me be pissed. lol
    I feel you. Go on and be pissed. Iím pissed 50% of the time.

Foerster has some good aspects to his skating but needs to work on his speed and explosiveness ... He is strong on his skates though. It is tough to knock him off the puck and he uses his body to protect the puck in the cycle game. Foerster is also good on his edges and has excellent agility. This allows him to slip away from defenders both with and without the puck.
    Foerster is a pure sniper. He has a tremendous arsenal of shots. He likes to get into the left circle on the power play, where he can wait for a teammate to set him up. Once the puck gets to him, he can unleash a tremendous one-timer. His wrist shot and release are also amongst the best in the draft. The shot is powerful and the release is lightning quick. He can pick corners with ease.
    Foerster projects as more of a winger than a centre going forward. His excellent shot and release can be deadly, especially on the power play. He could grow to be an effective winger at even-strength at the pro level as well. His game has a maturity to it already and his willingness to work hard is something coaches will love. The vast improvement in his game over the last year also suggests that he is highly coachable.
    -- lastwordonhockey

also from july 22:
    i really like holtz. the difference between him and foerster is like the difference between scott hartnell and chris vandevelde.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I feel you. Go on and be pissed. Iím pissed 50% of the time.
    Preesh...lol

I hate the pick and hope I'm wrong, but I think it's an absolutely worthless pick.

Lupul is funny. They were saying Corey Perry ... I donít see that at all ... Iím seeing a less physical, better shooting, Patrick Maroon
    I can see where they were saying Perry from a physical standpoint and from the "skating was an issue" thing. But I agree, I'm not sure he's really "Perry-esque". From what I've seen, it kind of sounds like he plays a very calm, simple game with a rocket shot. I don't think that's a bad combination.

The more I'm doing some research on him, the guy I'm reminded the most of, is Travis Sanheim. And I don't mean from a stylistic comparison (clearly they don't even play the same position). But it's because the more I read the more it feels like he's a guy on the rise. He absolutely exploded last year with his goal total. The more I'm reading the more I'm just reminded of that same feel when the Flyers went and grabbed Sanheim as a guy with helium who shot up the boards with a great year.

I also think the more I read, the less I'm worried about his skating. I think NBC Sports really hammered that a lot harder than anyone else I've seen. It's been brought up as a weakness but I've yet to see anyone really claim (and I'm on about my 7-8th article) that this is a debilitating thing.

In the end, I can see what the Flyers liked. He's got what appears to be a simple game, a wicked shot, the confidence to let'er rip from the slot, and some work to do on skating, but he could be an average skater with some physicality. He seems a bit raw, but also a guy who may have been negatively effected with the late start and a guy we might look back on in, like, 2 months and go "Oh, wait, did we really get lucky with him at #23!" as his arrow seems pointing up. Is it a flashy pick today? Probably not. Do I think we got a star? Probably not. Do I think there's a guy who could be a 25 goal scoring wing who plays responsible defense with an outlier of 30 goals here or there? Maybe drop 50-55 points? Yeah, I could see that. And for a covid-scouting-madness-type-year, I think we did fine. I think maybe, if you can really work on his skating, the dude could, on his 99% projection, be a guy who can put up big scoring year in and year out with a monster shot. But that's a 99% projection. It's just your "dream on" thoughts. Not what I think we got.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 10-06-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Worthwhile if you have 15 minutes.

This video does a good job breaking down a lot of his skating issues. Isn't super high on him, so for anyone who isn't big on the pick, this probably explains the red flags.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 10-06-2020 at 10:37 PM.

or, if you have ADD: this one lasts 3 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I can see where they were saying Perry from a physical standpoint and from the "skating was an issue" thing. But I agree, I'm not sure he's really "Perry-esque". From what I've seen, it kind of sounds like he plays a very calm, simple game with a rocket shot. I don't think that's a bad combination.

The more I'm doing some research on him, the guy I'm reminded the most of, is Travis Sanheim. And I don't mean from a stylistic comparison (clearly they don't even play the same position). But it's because the more I read the more it feels like he's a guy on the rise. He absolutely exploded last year with his goal total. The more I'm reading the more I'm just reminded of that same feel when the Flyers went and grabbed Sanheim as a guy with helium who shot up the boards with a great year.

I also think the more I read, the less I'm worried about his skating. I think NBC Sports really hammered that a lot harder than anyone else I've seen. It's been brought up as a weakness but I've yet to see anyone really claim (and I'm on about my 7-8th article) that this is a debilitating thing.

In the end, I can see what the Flyers liked. He's got what appears to be a simple game, a wicked shot, the confidence to let'er rip from the slot, and some work to do on skating, but he could be an average skater with some physicality. He seems a bit raw, but also a guy who may have been negatively effected with the late start and a guy we might look back on in, like, 2 months and go "Oh, wait, did we really get lucky with him at #23!" as his arrow seems pointing up. Is it a flashy pick today? Probably not. Do I think we got a star? Probably not. Do I think there's a guy who could be a 25 goal scoring wing who plays responsible defense with an outlier of 30 goals here or there? Maybe drop 50-55 points? Yeah, I could see that. And for a covid-scouting-madness-type-year, I think we did fine. I think maybe, if you can really work on his skating, the dude could, on his 99% projection, be a guy who can put up big scoring year in and year out with a monster shot. But that's a 99% projection. It's just your "dream on" thoughts. Not what I think we got.
    Another guy I see ... Timo Meier

or, if you have ADD: this one lasts 3 minutes:

Yeah, he has an absolute bomb of a shot. Seems to have a pretty good knack for finding a way to get open (some guys just do that. And you have to figure every team knows his shot is a bomb). It's easy to dream on his shot. Flyers seem to have had a good job with Brink's skating. Maybe they got cocky and thought "we can do it again". Maybe they really can.

You fix this guy's skating to anything above average, and he's a steal. Get him to acceptable and I think he's a PP guy who can pot 20 goals. Can't? He's not an NHL'er.

Another guy I see ... Timo Meier
    Timo Meirer could be a comp. Tyler Taffoli could be another. Big shot. Not a skater. Above average, if not spectacular player.

Also sounds like Foerester has been working on his skating all summer. So it definitely sounds like something he knew damn well was an issue and didn't let the slow down in the year affect him.

So good on the kid. Won't speak to how much improvement was made, we need games for that, but still a nice anecdotal story.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/1...Dfp6zucCdZsPq4

If this were the case, I would toss in the first next year and our second this year. If Ghost, Laughton, 2020 2nd, and 2021 1st got it done, you do it without blinking. I'd imagine they would feel as though Perfetti may fill that hole at 2C (probably a nice 1C) nicely in a year or so. I'm not moving Sanheim in this deal if it can be avoided.

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast