Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Who the hell is Tyson Forrester?

Foerster is going to be JVR 2.0...great...

Ok....doing a little digging on him....
    - good offensive instincts
    - great one timer
    - nose for the net..

doesn't sound like a bad selection at 23.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Foerster is going to be JVR 2.0...great...
    That wouldn't be such a bad thing. JVR carved out a pretty good career all things told. I think a lot of what people don't love about JVR is that we missed on Kane. He wasn't a monster. But hes been good enough.

If Foerester is JVR 2.0, I wouldn't be upset.

I'm cool with this pick. Elite shot. 2 way winger. Work on the skating. In a weird year, take a skill you think is elite. Work on a flaw you can fix.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

So far Fletcher this offseason has two strikes...

1.) Not making some sort of move to get Laine or up for Lapierre or back overall.
    2.) Signing Braun for two years.

I'm starting to really not like Fletcher...

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That wouldn't be such a bad thing. JVR carved out a pretty good career all things told. I think a lot of what people don't love about JVR is that we missed on Kane. He wasn't a monster. But hes been good enough.

If Foerester is JVR 2.0, I wouldn't be upset.

I'm cool with this pick. Elite shot. 2 way winger. Work on the skating. In a weird year, take a skill you think is elite. Work on a flaw you can fix.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Welcome back for a post. And I agree.

I think Fletcher had to justify trading a #2 and #3 round pick for Braun by re-signing him. I don't like Braun on this squad - I would've rather seen him take the money from Niskanen's contract and try to lure Pietrangelo here if it was possible....it may have required moving a player or two to do it, but the defense would be improved in my mind.

So far Fletcher has avoided what he did in Minnesota by signing past their prime guys to big contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Welcome back for a post. And I agree.
    Teaching virtually is a ***** haha.

posted on july 22:

foerster -- F/W -- he has body mass and goal/point production. i tend to lean more towards risk aversion in the first round of the draft and targeting that combination of attributes tends to be an easy way to build out the middle 6 in your lineup
    okay, foerster kind of reminds me of lupul. not in a great way.

The "knock" on Foerester is that he has an awkward skating stride? Oh that can't be a good thing.

1.) Not making some sort of move to get Laine or up for Lapierre or back overall.

I don't like Fletcher. I'm not overjoyed about the Braun thing, hopefully, they can either expose him to the expansion and have him go, or if they need, his cap his low enough to deal him. I won't be uber pissed as a 3rd pairing guy at under $2m.

I still think Laine could happen, and I'm not necessarily sure #23 had to be done for that. It's probably a Sanheim or Myers thing and the Flyers have tons of prospects. Its a weird draft year. I expect picks dont have the value they normally would. That said, it's hard to figure out how Laine works with flat caps coming and weird things in that spot. And we don't really know what the Jets are asking for. I never find too much complaints about trades, especially when we don't know exactly what they want. It's one thing when we see Laine go for a nothing-burger package and can say "Woah, we could have beat that, why didn't we beat that?" but it's another right now with things going. So while I can say I'm not team-Chuck, I won't knock him there.

Neither are bank breakers. Iím still neutral on Fletcher. He hasnít hurt or helped. Just let it play out.

Tyson is much better than people are giving credit for ... he can score, we all need that.

The flyers took Lindblom from below to above average for skating. We have a track record, and Iíll take the kids that can shoot.
    Last edited by castan_b; 10-06-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    The "knock" on Foerester is that he has an awkward skating stride? Oh that can't be a good thing.
    Yeah, it's probably not a good thing. But it's also something you can fix in theory, and maybe, as they mentioned on the stream, that it's a physical strength thing. I'm not adept enough to say how fixable Foererster's is, but hey, weird scouting year. They took an elite skill. They clearly feel the weird stride is something that will be fixed. Hopefully that reigns true.

Craig Button had Foerester rated 16th overall.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Neither are bank breakers. Iím still neutral on Fletcher. He hasnít hurt or helped. Just let it play out.

Tyson is much better than people are giving credit for ... he can score, we all need that.

The flyers too Lindblom from below to above average for skating. We have a track record, and Iíll take the kids that can shoot.
    Let me be pissed. lol

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast