Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Offseason

Here is who we need to make decisions about.

Grant (UFA) try to resign
    Thompson (UFA) let walk
    Patrick (RFA) resign
    Pitlick (UFA) try to rrsign
    NAK (RFA) resign
    Braun (UFA) let walk
    Hagg (RFA) resign
    Myers (RFA) resign
    Elliot (UFA) try to resign

MacD comes off the books too.

Need a RW sniper for the 1st line.

Lindblom Couts X
    G Hayes TK
    Farabee Patrick Jake
    Laughton Raffl NAK
    Grant

Provy Nik
    Sanheim Myers
    Hagg Ghost
    Friedman

Hart
    Elliot

Maybe Frost pushes to make the team out of camp in which case pushes Farabee up to RW on the first line and Frost LW on the 3rd line. Trade JVR for whatever you can get, probably have to retain salary.

i think frost makes the etam at 3c right out of camp in place of patrick. I don't see patrick coming back at all until they give us a positive update.

also what contracts do you guys think patrick, hagg, and myers will get??

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post

Lindblom Couts X
    G Hayes TK
    Farabee Patrick Jake
    Laughton Raffl NAK
    Grant

Provy Nik
    Sanheim Myers
    Hagg Ghost
    Friedman

Hart
    Elliot
    id go with this roster:

g-couts-tk
    lindblom-hayes-voracek
    jvr-frost-farabee
    raffl-laughton-nak
    sandin

provorov-myers
    sanheim-nisk
    ghost-gudas/tvr/shattenkirk
    freidman

no need to waste money on grant or hagg. Id rather just let sandin be 13th fwd and go get gudas, tvr, shattenkirk on short 1-2 year deals. Screw hagg. IF we can move jvr then do it, we have patrick that can hopefully come sometime next year or two

also, we any trade we make or want to make..keep in mind the ED is close so we can't protect everyone. We certainly can't get another top4 defender because we are already keeping provorov, sanheim, myers.

i think frost makes the etam at 3c right out of camp in place of patrick. I don't see patrick coming back at all until they give us a positive update.
    agreed about patrick. whatever is going on with him is career threatening.

and again, i just don't buy frost as a center. i don't think he has the size or the physicality to play a 180' game either over an 82 game regular season, or against stanley cup level competition. that kind of roster construction puts an unnecessarily low ceiling on the flyers' long term potential. just leave frost on the wing, so his speed and his scoring instincts can shine, and find a 3C somewhere else.

also what contracts do you guys think patrick, hagg, and myers will get??
    i think myers will get a sanheim-esque bridge deal.

i have no idea about patrick.

hagg's situation reminds me of dennis seidenberg. i think he's gonna get traded in the next year or two, and then blossom into a top-pair defenseman somewhere else.
    Id rather just let sandin be 13th fwd
    who?

I would definitely let Thompson, Grant, Pitlick, and Braun all walk. I don't mind Pitlick on the 4th line but he's just a guy with speed and not much skill. I'd love to have Elliott back though.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    agreed about patrick. whatever is going on with him is career threatening.

and again, i just don't buy frost as a center. i don't think he has the size or the physicality to play a 180' game either over an 82 game regular season, or against stanley cup level competition. that kind of roster construction puts an unnecessarily low ceiling on the flyers' long term potential. just leave frost on the wing, so his speed and his scoring instincts can shine, and find a 3C somewhere else.

i think myers will get a sanheim-esque bridge deal.

i have no idea about patrick.

hagg's situation reminds me of dennis seidenberg. i think he's gonna get traded in the next year or two, and then blossom into a top-pair defenseman somewhere else.
    who?
    idk i think frost can be a center for sure. The question will be, who will be the better center: frost or patrick? Frost can be a great center who plays with skill. He reminds me of a poor mans backstrom in a way.

Idk if you were joking or being sarcastic about hagg. Dude will never be a top pair lmao. He has no speed, he has no offensive instincts, he is just not a good hockey player. He has awful numbers...what are you smoking steagles lol?

dont bring back braun/thompson etc

figure out what the hell is going on with patrick

trade 1 or 2 of G/Vora/Jvr

Figure out what the hell you have in ghost

bring in some guy who loves standing in front of the damn goalie and isnt scared to get hit with the puck

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    dont bring back braun/thompson etc

figure out what the hell is going on with patrick

trade 1 or 2 of G/Vora/Jvr

Figure out what the hell you have in ghost

bring in some guy who loves standing in front of the damn goalie and isnt scared to get hit with the puck

I think I like this game plan the most...Here's what I think...

Grant (UFA) Bye...
    Thompson (UFA) Bye...
    Patrick (RFA) 2 years 4M (2M AAV)
    Pitlick (UFA) Bye...
    NAK (RFA) 2 years 3M (1.5M AAV)
    Braun (UFA) Bye...
    Hagg (RFA) 3 years 6-7.5M (2-2.5M AAV)
    Myers (RFA) 5 years 17.5M (3.5M AAV)
    Elliot (UFA) 2 years 4M (2M AAV)

Trade JVR
    Trade Ghost
    Sign Hall for 6 years 60M (10M AAV)

My Roster and Lines:

G - Couts - Hall
    Lindblom - Hayes - TK
    Farabee - Frost - Jake
    Raffl - Laughton - NAK/Sandin
    NAK/Sandin

Provorov - Nisk
    Sandman - Myers
    York - Hagg
    Freidman/Morin/Zamula

Hart
    Elliot

That lineup, if you hold 2M of JVRs salary if necessary, will leave you with around 2M in cap space. You could also choose not to resign NAK and save the 1.25M difference between him and Sandin. Giroux comes off the books regardless in 2 more years...Jake the year after...weird feeling...

What is everyone's feeling on Hall? Supposedly he wants a winner not money...could be less than 10M? Also, what are the chances that Calgary takes JVR and Ghost for Gaudreau? lol

Things I'd like to see this team change....

I like AV's system...hopefully next season they'll have a better understanding of their responsibilities in it.

Young D and F's have to definitely bulk up in the offseason because they were too easily knocked off the puck offensively and defensively....the checking was ineffective and relied on stick checks way too much....they were caught out of position wayyyy to much just running around the zone trying to catch the NYI & MTL players....

Thompson and Grant should be gone.

Pitlick I'd give one more season.

JVR will be exposed to the expansion draft....wouldn't be surprised if someone like Jake was also...

This team needs to learn how to hit....shoot....pass....skate better....It was like watching an AHL team playing the Islanders....I know the Islanders were more skilled, but we should've been able to put together better showings offensively - they were lucky to win the 2 OT games.

The Flyers need players who aren't afraid to shoot the puck. They were too gunshy in both the MTL and NYI series....and also need players who will get in front of the net (seems like they only did that in the OT games against NYI).

I'm up in the air with what they'll do with Braun....he cost this team a 2nd and a 3rd for 1 season....an steep price for a middle of the road Dman.

Whoever is coaching the PP has got to do a better job....that slingshot crap they do causes all the forwards to stop their momentum into the zone and we're caught flat footed way too much when entering the zone on a rush...

I don't think Elliot will be back next season....I think they'll look at Sandstrom as the backup....see what he has to offer as a backup or a trade piece....

I would like to see them go after Gaudreau, maybe Hall, or even Patrik Laine....

0% chance we trade jvr and ghost for gaudreau. 0% chance we trade jvr without retaining or getting a crap contract back. York and zamula need 1 year in ahl (zamula maybe earlier if injuries happen).

idk how we can trade giroux or voracek and get good value in return that will keep us in contention. Like them or not, they were the only players that scored outside of hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    idk i think frost can be a center for sure. The question will be, who will be the better center: frost or patrick? Frost can be a great center who plays with skill. He reminds me of a poor mans backstrom in a way.

Idk if you were joking or being sarcastic about hagg. Dude will never be a top pair lmao. He has no speed, he has no offensive instincts, he is just not a good hockey player. He has awful numbers...what are you smoking steagles lol?
    Haag is a good defenseman. The guy is physical and tough to play against. He's not a top pairing but you need guys like him to round out a team. He is solid.

Agreed - Hagg is a solid - blue collar type defenseman....he's not flashy but he hits and makes good plays. He's a good 2nd or 3rd pairing defenseman.

meth. mostly.

i think there's a reasonable chance that his hockey IQ will sharpen with experience, and that his body will mature to the point where he can be a top penalty killer and a borderline shutdown defenseman. the odds of that happening are less likely than my first post indicated, but i do think it's a legitimate possibility.
    What is everyone's feeling on Hall? Supposedly he wants a winner not money...could be less than 10M? Also, what are the chances that Calgary takes JVR and Ghost for Gaudreau? lol
    it is very risky to keep adding ~30-ish year old forwards and expecting their production not to fall off a cliff.
    I don't think Elliot will be back next season....I think they'll look at Sandstrom as the backup....see what he has to offer as a backup or a trade piece....
    i would be surprised if they don't bring in a veteran backup for hart. it wouldn't surprise me if that's not elliot, but i also think elliot was good enough this year that i wouldn't look too hard to replace him.

also, fwiw, i think ustimenko may be ahead of sandstrom on our current depth chart. in addition to choosing ustimenko for the bubble roster instead of sandstrom, they shared time in the ECHL this year, and ustimenko outperformed sandstrom by a significant margin. that can always change, but right now, i think it's a 1 and 2, rather than a 1A and 1B, situation.
    i'm not confident in either of them right now. if patrick is healthy, i'd be more comfortable with him at 3C, but i'm not at all sure that he'll be able to stay healthy, even if he comes back.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast