Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

if we trade ghost, which is probably a huge possibility, I would try and trade for vince dunn. STl, even if they get rid of steen's contract, still don't have enough for AP AND dunn. He would be great on the 3rd pair

NAK resigned on a bridge deal: 2/1MM per.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    NAK resigned on a bridge deal: 2/1MM per.
    solid now get myers done

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'll also mention the team currently only has the following under contract.

G-couts-jake
    Oskar-hayes-TK
    Farabee-laughton-Raffl
    JVR-xxxxxxx-NAK

Provy-niskanen
    Sanheim-Ghost
    Xxxxx-xxxxxx

Hart
    Xxxxxxxx

From what im seeing they have at least 3 everyday skater spots and a backup goalie spot not currently projected on their cap. Add in the 7th dman and the 13th forward and the team has little flexibility cap wise.

Currently about 7 million under the cap.

This is updated now to reflect the NAK contract

This is updated now to reflect the NAK contract
    frost? sandin is the 13th fwd as of now. Freidman is signed 1 way as well. All are signed

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    frost? sandin is the 13th fwd as of now. Freidman is signed 1 way as well. All are signed
    Per spot Trac, that 7/8 millions in space does NOT include either frost or sandin. However it does include hogberg and morin.

A one way contract with Friedman doesn't mean anything other than that he makes what he signed to make regardless of where he plays NHL or ahl.

I'm not as confident as the rest of you guys are that frost is going to get a look coming out of camp

i think no one is confident frost will make it besides me lol idk why everyone has already written him off

I'm not as confident as the rest of you guys are that frost is going to get a look coming out of camp
    i could see it going either way.

if you remember all the way back to the beginning of the season, AV called up young guys very aggressively when he wanted to shake things up. farabee and myers both started the year in the AHL and had to wait a few weeks for their chance. but when they got up here, they didn't go back.

even if frost doesn't make the team out of camp, it won't be for long.
    i think no one is confident frost will make it besides me lol idk why everyone has already written him off
    i like him a lot as a wing; i just don't think putting him at center is a good use of his skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i could see it going either way.

if you remember all the way back to the beginning of the season, AV called up young guys very aggressively when he wanted to shake things up. farabee and myers both started the year in the AHL and had to wait a few weeks for their chance. but when they got up here, they didn't go back.

even if frost doesn't make the team out of camp, it won't be for long.

i like him a lot as a wing; i just don't think putting him at center is a good use of his skillset.
    I just don't have him penned in. He's a guy I like a lot upside wise, but I'm not ready to gift him a spot in the top 9 on a team that was 1 game from a conference final

I just don't have him penned in. He's a guy I like a lot upside wise, but I'm not ready to gift him a spot in the top 9 on a team that was 1 game from a conference final
    To me, it's a lot like when we had Richards, Carter and Briere with Giroux as an up and coming smaller center. Also a great time to mention that it's not uncommon for centers to get a taste of the NHL life as a wing first.

I'm with steagles. I don't think that Frost will be a center, I think he's better used on the wing.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

but who is going to play center with fiala and kaprisov now? Staal at least was another stop gap year to play with those guys. Now they have kunin, ek, bjugstad, and koivu. Thats awful down the middle. mojo ain't a center too

minny sucks lol. Lets try and get fiala or kaprisov. THey are so dumb they might do it.
    Mojo is a center. Just not a very good one. EK is essentially their #1 right now.

if we trade ghost, which is probably a huge possibility, I would try and trade for vince dunn. STl, even if they get rid of steen's contract, still don't have enough for AP AND dunn. He would be great on the 3rd pair
    I'll pass on Dunn

idk I think if the flyers wanted frost as a wing, they might have put him there in the ahl. He also never got to play win in the nhl when he was called up. They easily could've just put giroux on center and have frost be his wing but they didn't. I think they see him as a center UNLESS Patrick comes back

idk I think if the flyers wanted frost as a wing, they might have put him there in the ahl. He also never got to play win in the nhl when he was called up. They easily could've just put giroux on center and have frost be his wing but they didn't. I think they see him as a center UNLESS Patrick comes back
    I still think Frost's best position is center. He seems more comfortable in the middle to me. It sure would be nice if Patrick could become a useful player. Having more guys that can play center than you need is not a bad problem to have.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast