Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    wheres hayes lol. how can you forget that 7 mill contract
    I LOL'd so hard at this...I totally forgot about him. Obviously, someone's gotta go.

Edit: I think it's cuz he has such a punchable face.
    Last edited by lambofgode3x; 09-10-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    I LOL'd so hard at this...I totally forgot about him. Obviously, someone's gotta go.

Edit: I think it's cuz he has such a punchable face.
    hahaha he does but id rather move jvr. Put hayes as 3c, frost on his wing in place of jvr.

couts wins selke! good for him to finally get the recognition

https://www.nhl.com/news/washington-...in/c-289676660

it even got worse after this by the way with talks for weeks about how they needed to get rid of him... Ovie could have been had but its a moot point now.

pretty shocked... never thought they would do it but glad they did.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.nhl.com/news/washington-...in/c-289676660

it even got worse after this by the way with talks for weeks about how they needed to get rid of him... Ovie could have been had but its a moot point now.
    every gm will say players are available for the right deal...you would have to give couts, giroux, and a couple first and ghost.

every gm will say players are available for the right deal...you would have to give couts, giroux, and a couple first and ghost.
    no, it wasn't like that.

ovechkin was aging, his contract had a ton of years left on it, he was making a lot of money and washington was losing in the first and second round of the playoffs every year. they looked like they were going nowhere and yes, they were close to blowing things up by trading ovechkin away.
    it's well earned.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    no, it wasn't like that.

ovechkin was aging, his contract had a ton of years left on it, he was making a lot of money and washington was losing in the first and second round of the playoffs every year. they looked like they were going nowhere and yes, they were close to blowing things up by trading ovechkin away.
    it's well earned.
    it still had to be worth trading for. Even if you lose a lot you don't juust trade away the best goal scorer in nhl history. It has to be the right move and 3 years ago we didn't have what it took to get him WHILE putting out a solid team to compete. We would be awful right now

anyways...lets talk about current flyer issues

looks like fletcher wants to not go through FA to upgrade. That has to mean ghost, jvr, 1st, maybe even a prospect are going to be shopped. I have to think ghost is a top trading candidate.

it still had to be worth trading for. Even if you lose a lot you don't juust trade away the best goal scorer in nhl history. It has to be the right move and 3 years ago we didn't have what it took to get him WHILE putting out a solid team to compete. We would be awful right now
    it was more than 3 years ago. it was back when we still had coburn, because i distinctly remember talking about building a package around coburn, b.schenn and simmonds.
    looks like fletcher wants to not go through FA to upgrade. That has to mean ghost, jvr, 1st, maybe even a prospect are going to be shopped. I have to think ghost is a top trading candidate.
    yup. hopefully a few people around the league still have raging hardons for ghost.

Ghost, Voracek, JVR, our 1st, and Rubtsov, ... and I think itís dumb to consider doing this, but TK and Patrick are probably in play too ...

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Ghost, Voracek, JVR, our 1st, and Rubtsov, ... and I think itís dumb to consider doing this, but TK and Patrick are probably in play too ...
    i doubt anyone wants patrick lol. Tk is our only goal scorer and fletcher wants to get another one. No way we lose our only one.

it has to be jvr, ghost, 1st at the top of the list. Followed by prospects, future 1sts, voracek, hagg, laughton, bottom 6.

i think they might look at ghost, 1st for something. I don't think ghost alone can get an impact player. Maybe have to include brink or someone else. Ghost, 1st, and frost is another option but I want to keep frost. I think he can be a really solid player and someone we need to make plays once giroux/voracek are done

so lets say its ghost that is getting traded. What can ghost, 1st, prospect get you in terms of scoring?

so lets say its ghost that is getting traded. What can ghost, 1st, prospect get you in terms of scoring?
    To come full circle, someone like a Hoglander that youíd have to take a bet on for their future production ... that would be my preference ... I think Ghost + 1st could get you Hoglander

Maybe you could pry Johnny Gaudreau away from Calgary for a 1st + Voracek + Rubtsov or Ratcliffe
    Last edited by castan_b; 09-11-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast