Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    Hayes - Patty - Frost sets us up to be the Rags of old. Great team but can't win cuz you don't have strength at center. If your best C is Hayes going into the year, that may be a brutal *** year.
    I thought of it differently; having 3 #2 Cís ... two of which are good defensively

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Anyone who thinks Laughton is a 3C is crazy, even crazier to think Laughton > Patrick lol

Iíd consider trading Sanheim and Couturier for Laine or Eichel if it was guaranteed Patty is healthy ... and Iím the biggest Couturier guy on the planet, signed jersey and all

G Hayes TK
    Lindblom Patty Laine
    Farabee Frost Voracek

Provorov
    Zamula/York Myers

Or

Lindblom Eichel Voracek
    Frost Hayes G
    Farabee Patrick TK

I think itís time to get creative with this roster because since 2012 we have barely won in the playoffs, beating Montreal this year barely counts.
    i think you can trade sanheim, 1st, frost for a guy like laine no? Theres no way you trade a selke guy for a guy who sohuld be scoring 40-50 but isnt. Offer low for laine

I think itís time to get creative with this roster because since 2012 we have barely won in the playoffs, beating Montreal this year barely counts.
    the time to get creative with the roster was 4 years ago, when we had konecny and provorov coming in on rookie minimum contracts, plus g+v in their prime, plus couturier and ghost at the top of their games, plus schenn and simmonds on top, for ***** and giggles.

instead, we got lehtera, filppula, macdonald and weise.

i don't think creativity is necessary right now. next season is going to be a painful consolidation year. we're not going to be taking a step forward into contention; we're just going to try to (and likely fail to) maintain the level of play we had this year.

what's important for next season isn't the results; what's important for next season is that our defensemen continue to take steps forward, that hart stays healthy, that our forward prospects develop into valuable contributors, that we don't bury ourselves under 5+MM bad contracts given to 30+ year old forwards.

this next season will be the year where patience is most necessary, and it's going to unhinge a lot of people who will now have unreasonable expectations coming out of this year. people are going to come after fletcher and AV, and G and V, and it's going to burn everyone out.
    Last edited by steagles; 09-09-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    the time to get creative with the roster was 4 years ago, when we had konecny and provorov coming in on rookie minimum contracts, plus g+v in their prime, plus couturier and ghost at the top of their games, plus schenn and simmonds on top, for ***** and giggles.

instead, we got lehtera, filppula, macdonald and weise.

i don't think creativity is necessary right now. next season is going to be a painful consolidation year. we're not going to be taking a step forward into contention; we're just going to try to (and likely fail to) maintain the level of play we had this year.

what's important for next season isn't the results; what's important for next season is that our defensemen continue to take steps forward, that hart stays healthy, that our forward prospects develop into valuable contributors, that we don't bury ourselves under 5+MM bad contracts given to 30+ year old forwards.

this next season will be the year where patience is most necessary, and it's going to unhinge a lot of people who will now have unreasonable expectations coming out of this year. people are going to come after fletcher and AV, and G and V, and it's going to burn everyone out.
    do you really think we will be worse? I'm optimistic we can be just as good. Lots of teams will change but I think we can maintain our level of play and possibly be stronger (while being around the same in standings). I really think linlbdom helps us a lot, frost can add to the bottom 6, farabee/myers/sanheim improving, hopefully ghost can be better.

Also, what would it even take to get rid of jvr. I know he can be useful but if we wanted to...hypothetically. Do we have to trade a first round with it?

i would really love to get rackell. I think he can be had for cheap and without sacrificing what is on the roster, currently. Anaheim is in a **** sitaution..they have been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i think you can trade sanheim, 1st, frost for a guy like laine no? Theres no way you trade a selke guy for a guy who sohuld be scoring 40-50 but isnt. Offer low for laine
    I think the only forward that would tantalize Peg is Couturier

g-couts-rackell
    farabeee-hayes-voracek
    lindblom-frost-tk

we suck without couts. Even if laine is a 50 goal scorer how would we even win with hayes as our top center lol. That would be so bad hahaa. We would have hayes-laughton-frost-4c down the middle

i think sanheim+1st+ would really entice winipeg. They need a guy like sanheim who can play big minutes and paly in all situations. It would just leave us with a huge hole on the left side. I am looking to trade sanheim when york/zamula are on the roster though. Might be our best shot at getting a tp 6 player. Sucks to lose him but if we can't get anything via fa, draft, and g/voracek are done in a few years then we gotta get some talent for talent
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 09-09-2020 at 06:05 PM.

would you guys take provorov or quinn hughes? Curious. Also give reasoning
    Provorov. As fun and dynamic as Hughes is, you need a #1 dman that can anchor your defense in the playoffs and give you 30+ mins of quality play against the opposing teams top line.

imagine if we got heiskanen..not even petterson. We would easily have the best d in the nhl and we could even trade sanheim.

Sanheim, 1st, frost can get a top line player easily.
    Even Makar. I was all aboard the Makar train early on so much so I would have considered taking him over Heiskanen.

i agree about provorov...some flyer fans say hughes, werenski, chabot are better LOL
    Chabot gets way overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    What about taking a chance on Galchenyuk on a 2/3 year deal? What would that cost? He's only 26 so he can definitely turn it around in the right environment...3 years 10MM
    No. Absolutely not! He's a huge liability out on the ice and doesn't produce nearly enough offense to justify it.

Anyone who thinks Laughton is a 3C is crazy, even crazier to think Laughton > Patrick lol

Iíd consider trading Sanheim and Couturier for Laine or Eichel if it was guaranteed Patty is healthy ... and Iím the biggest Couturier guy on the planet, signed jersey and all

G Hayes TK
    Lindblom Patty Laine
    Farabee Frost Voracek

Provorov
    Zamula/York Myers

Or

Lindblom Eichel Voracek
    Frost Hayes G
    Farabee Patrick TK

Zero chance I entertain moving Couturier for Laine. For Eichel? I'm still not doing. If they could figure out a way to empty the farm without moving Couturier, Provorov, or Hart for Eichel then count me in. Otherwise it's a one step fwd two steps back scenario.

Then you hang up the phone. Period.

do you really think we will be worse? I'm optimistic we can be just as good. Lots of teams will change but I think we can maintain our level of play and possibly be stronger (while being around the same in standings). I really think linlbdom helps us a lot, frost can add to the bottom 6, farabee/myers/sanheim improving, hopefully ghost can be better.
    we overachieved this season, so if we stay the "same", the results are going to be worse.

even if we improve, the results are still probably not going to be better than this season.

and if we underachieve at all, it sets next year up to be a disaster.
    Also, what would it even take to get rid of jvr. I know he can be useful but if we wanted to...hypothetically. Do we have to trade a first round with it?
    no, it would not take a first round pick.
    Last edited by steagles; 09-09-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast