Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 656

Thread: Offseason

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,849
    would you guys do sanheim for parayko

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,377
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    would you guys do sanheim for parayko
    No

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,377
    What would it take to get Montour from buffalo?

    Id move York and a 1st for Hoglander ... I think hes going to be a player and goal scorer.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    You are making a lot of assumptions. He wasn't that good when he played and there's no telling if he will even be as good as that version of Patrick. The sooner we get it through our heads that Patrick can't be relied up, the sooner we can move on to finding a legitimate cup caliber 2nd line center. Again, Hayes is nice and a passable 2nd line center, but we need something better than him.
    agreed about patrick being unreliable moving forward; disagree about him not being a reasonably solid 3rd line center when he's healthy.

    there is/was reason for optimism that patrick would continue to improve, based on his performance in his first two years. that still exists to some extent, but it's a lot less certain.
    ok vatanen is not good. He was good with the ducks but now I would not want him for the price and term he wants. I would love to get hoffman though for jvr's price tag. If we can move jvr, not sign hagg and get shatty/hoffman then its a solid summer. No way we trade patrick, niskanen can be solid if we play him on the 2nd or 3rd pair
    i am wary of aging late 20s/early 30s scoring forwards. hoffman is 31 and you want to give him another 7MM ?

    that's a really hard sell, imo. the upside is not at all worth the risk.
    Id move York and a 1st for Hoglander ... I think hes going to be a player and goal scorer.
    why take that risk when a similar package could get you an established scorer like ehlers, kubalik or fiala (all of whom are still in their early prime)?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,849
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    agreed about patrick being unreliable moving forward; disagree about him not being a reasonably solid 3rd line center when he's healthy.

    there is/was reason for optimism that patrick would continue to improve, based on his performance in his first two years. that still exists to some extent, but it's a lot less certain.
    i am wary of aging late 20s/early 30s scoring forwards. hoffman is 31 and you want to give him another 7MM ?

    that's a really hard sell, imo. the upside is not at all worth the risk.

    why take that risk when a similar package could get you an established scorer like ehlers, kubalik or fiala (all of whom are still in their early prime)?
    i wouldn't want hoffman for that but id rather have hoffman that jvr for that price. JVRs contract is wrose than voracek, giroux, and hayes.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,849
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post

    why take that risk when a similar package could get you an established scorer like ehlers, kubalik or fiala (all of whom are still in their early prime)?
    exactly. We lost on so many opportunities to get top 6 talent. Ehlers is a guy we can try to get. Kubalik might work but chicago will find a way to extend him. Fiala just got traded too so that really sucks

    I would throw whatever we can to get ehlers, larkin, meier, oloffson. I would give frost, ghost, 1st, and whatever else. We have so many young players that we don't need to accumulate more 1sts, ghost is gone due to ED, and frost is our best bargaining chip

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,849
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    What would it take to get Montour from buffalo?

    Id move York and a 1st for Hoglander ... I think hes going to be a player and goal scorer.
    vancouver doesn't need a ghost/york. They need guys like sanheim/myers and i ain't trading any of them for nils. Hughes is bestter than york and ghost

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    Hayes is nice and a passable 2nd line center, but we need something better than him.
    i think i agree, but i'm still not sure about the best way to address it.

    are we ready to empty the cupboards to get kopitar, toews, eichel or larkin?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    i wouldn't want hoffman for that but id rather have hoffman that jvr for that price. JVRs contract is wrose than voracek, giroux, and hayes.
    it's just robbing peter to pay paul.

    JVR has 3 years left. to get hoffman, it'll take at least 5.


    for all the **** JVR takes, he still put in 20 goals, and finished +5 on the year. i'd like to move on from him, too, but it's not as pressing as people make it out to be.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,849
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    You are making a lot of assumptions. He wasn't that good when he played and there's no telling if he will even be as good as that version of Patrick. The sooner we get it through our heads that Patrick can't be relied up, the sooner we can move on to finding a legitimate cup caliber 2nd line center. Again, Hayes is nice and a passable 2nd line center, but we need something better than him.
    i don't see how patrick being a 3rd line center is making a big leap. The guy is 21 with untapped potential if he can stay healthy and recover. That is a huge ask so I don't even want to think about it until the flyers give one positive news about him. I just think its a huge waste to just give up on him. We can't use him in a trade. He will be a throw in to any deal we have and will never be a main piece until he proves he can be healthy. Who knows...maybe he can come back and provide for us or he can just turn into fabbri. Might as well hold onto him for now, no need to throw him away in a hopeful trade

    As of now, we are still in relatively decent shape without him:

    g-couts-tk
    jvr-hayes-farabee
    lindblom-frost-voracek

    Thats way better than what we had in the playoffs this year. We have a great 4th line. I would rather we get one more top 6 player instead of jvr though.

    meier, larkin, olofsson are the guys I would target. Maybe even rackell cus he would be cheap. I would overpay for the first 3

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,849
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    it's just robbing peter to pay paul.

    JVR has 3 years left. to get hoffman, it'll take at least 5.


    for all the **** JVR takes, he still put in 20 goals, and finished +5 on the year. i'd like to move on from him, too, but it's not as pressing as people make it out to be.
    its definitely not as pressing but he is a guy that can be replaced easily with frost, lindblom coming into the lineup. Just makes it crap to have that contract when younger players can fill his role. As much as everyone wants to trade voracek, he can provide a lot more than jvr. Also, I can't see us trading voracek with his conract

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,849
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    What would it take to get Montour from buffalo?

    Id move York and a 1st for Hoglander ... I think hes going to be a player and goal scorer.
    probably something similar to what they gave up to get him. Ducks got a 1st and guhle. Maybe he can be cheaper but again, if we get him for a 1st/prospect, we risk losing him in expansion draft. The only way we can make a trade for a top 4 d

    idk the rules on patrick's injury on expansion but we have to protect g, hayes, lindblom, tk, couts, patrick, myers, sanheim, prov, hart. Thats 11 already (7, 3, 1). We can do 9 players but then we will leave out a few

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,377
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    agreed about patrick being unreliable moving forward; disagree about him not being a reasonably solid 3rd line center when he's healthy.

    there is/was reason for optimism that patrick would continue to improve, based on his performance in his first two years. that still exists to some extent, but it's a lot less certain.
    i am wary of aging late 20s/early 30s scoring forwards. hoffman is 31 and you want to give him another 7MM ?

    that's a really hard sell, imo. the upside is not at all worth the risk.

    why take that risk when a similar package could get you an established scorer like ehlers, kubalik or fiala (all of whom are still in their early prime)?
    I dont think it gets you those guys haha

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,377
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    vancouver doesn't need a ghost/york. They need guys like sanheim/myers and i ain't trading any of them for nils. Hughes is bestter than york and ghost
    Who else do they have tho besides Hughes? Not really anyone.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,140
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ok vatanen is not good. He was good with the ducks but now I would not want him for the price and term he wants. I would love to get hoffman though for jvr's price tag. If we can move jvr, not sign hagg and get shatty/hoffman then its a solid summer. No way we trade patrick, niskanen can be solid if we play him on the 2nd or 3rd pair

    g-couts-tk
    hoffman-hayes-farabee
    lindbom-frost-voracek
    raffl-laughton-nak

    prov-myers
    sanheim-niskanen
    ghost-shattenkirk

    i would trade ghost if we got shattenkirk. Also why would vancouver want ghost when they have the hughes lol
    Bc they value defenders that can be creative with the puck.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •