Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Hayes takes far too many risks in his own end (positionally) anticipating passes looking for breakaways for me to ever trust him in a pure shut down role.
    well not really a pure shutdown but someone that you can use so that couts is not going at top lines every single game. If we can have frost/patrick grow into that 2nd line role we wouldn't have to play nate freaking thompson against barzal every shift. Raffl-laughton-nak can take some minutes too and could be a nice checking line

if lundqvist gets bought out would you guys do a 1 year deal with him? would be pretty cool to have him as a backup

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    if lundqvist gets bought out would you guys do a 1 year deal with him? would be pretty cool to have him as a backup
    Meh, Flyers are already talking to Elliot about another contract. And honestly, with how he's been playing, I'd rather have Elliot. And I have NO faith in Elliot....

So did you guys see the Bjugstad trade? 50% salary retention for a conditional 7th, and that's only if he plays at least 70 games or scores 35 points. I know I floated the idea of JVR and a 1st for futures to dump that contract, but that's actually not looking too far off now, imo.

Need to dump some salary. Not that I want to trade Ghost, but right now I'd trade him for a 3rd round pick. Send JVR to anyone for a AHL player or 2. Let Braun, Thompson, Pitlick, Grant walk. Resign Elliot for 1 year $2 million again. Offer Myers a bridge deal like Sanheim got. Offer Hagg and Patrick something. Expose Jake for the expansion draft and hope they take him. I'd go after Alex Pietrangelo. Offer Simmonds something to come back and play on the 4th line and be that net front player on the we are missing on the PP (not that I want him back).

Lindblom Couts TK
    G Hayes Farabee
    Frost X or (Patrick?) Raffl
    Simmonds Laughton Nak

Provy Pietrangelo
    Sanheim Myers
    Nisky Hagg
    Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Need to dump some salary. Not that I want to trade Ghost, but right now I'd trade him for a 3rd round pick. Send JVR to anyone for a AHL player or 2. Let Braun, Thompson, Pitlick, Grant walk. Resign Elliot for 1 year $2 million again. Offer Myers a bridge deal like Sanheim got. Offer Hagg and Patrick something. Expose Jake for the expansion draft and hope they take him. I'd go after Alex Pietrangelo. Offer Simmonds something to come back and play on the 4th line and be that net front player on the we are missing on the PP (not that I want him back).

Lindblom Couts TK
    G Hayes Farabee
    Frost X or (Patrick?) Raffl
    Simmonds Laughton Nak

Provy Pietrangelo
    Sanheim Myers
    Nisky Hagg
    Friedman
    For a 3rd, I'd rather keep him to be honest. I'm of the thought that we need to play him for a month or 2 to get his value up, then sell high.

Sending JVR for a couple of AHL players won't be enough. Bjugstad with 50% retention got a conditional 7th. Market's not what it used to be.

I'd be okay with resigning Pitlick or Grant as depth, but no raises.

Look for Elliot to get an incentive laden contract now that he's 35 but with a similar final AAV. I can see the Flyers looking to defer some cap to next year and set easy to reach goals for him to get to his 2mil that he had last year.

Meyers knows he's getting a bridge deal, esp with a flat cap. He hasn't been a stud out of the gate to demand a big money contract with term.

Rumors are that simmer's going to the laughs. Err, Leafs. We need a long term option not a stop gap. I'm praying to the hockey gods that Ratcliffe turns into that guy. He's 6'6". That's a big dude to try to move from the crease.

Hagg is def coming back. No way Patrick isn't tendered, at the very least. They stated they're more worried about Patrick getting healthy, not the contract.

Jake would need to waive his NTC for that to happen and most likely would involve some kind of MAF type trade that the Pens had to make. We're also not the only ones trying to dump contracts, so it'll turn into a bidding war for their cap space.

No on AP. He's not going to be who you need him to be by the time you need him to be that guy. He's a depreciating asset. Hard pass. Also, he wants to go to a true contender if he leaves. He wants to win cups in the short term, so he's not coming here. Let's not forget he's stated he wants to stay in STL. His wife's family all live in the area. His kids are all in school there...he's comfortable. Lots of incentive to stay. I doubt he moves even if he hits FA. He likely hits FA to give STL time to make room for him.

does anyone think bunnaman can be anything?

he's already a competent 4th liner. i haven't seen anything to make me think he'll be more than that, but i guess it's possible.

him, NAK, twarynski are all at that level, imo.

Look for Elliot to get an incentive laden contract now that he's 35 but with a similar final AAV. I can see the Flyers looking to defer some cap to next year and set easy to reach goals for him to get to his 2mil that he had last year.
    nah. there are enough competent backup goalies in the world that you don't need to lard up elliott's contract with weird incentives.
    I'm praying to the hockey gods that Ratcliffe turns into that guy. He's 6'6". That's a big dude to try to move from the crease.
    let's wait until he can score more than 6 goals in an AHL season before we start penciling him in anywhere.
    Not that I want to trade Ghost, but right now I'd trade him for a 3rd round pick
    sell low. buy high. got it.
    For a 3rd, I'd rather keep him to be honest. I'm of the thought that we need to play him for a month or 2 to get his value up, then sell high.
    that was the plan this year, and it went to ****, so i'm not sure that'll go over if they try to do it again.

i think elliot can be had for under 2 mill...

ya i ain't trading ghost for a 3rd. We can still use ghost. If he can even put 30 points in its more valuable than a 3rd to us. Trade him at the deadline if he plays well or after the playoffs next year

I'm just trying to clear cap $ so we can sign FA.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    nah. there are enough competent backup goalies in the world that you don't need to lard up elliott's contract with weird incentives.
    let's wait until he can score more than 6 goals in an AHL season before we start penciling him in anywhere.

sell low. buy high. got it.
    that was the plan this year, and it went to ****, so i'm not sure that'll go over if they try to do it again.
    Every team is looking for ways to get creative with cap and defer cost. This is one way the Flyers can do it where they can defer some of the aav to next year while still getting Elliot whatever he asks for (as long as it's at or below 2mil)

I'm not penciling him into anything. I even said "praying to the hockey gods".

And Ghost played between decent to well in the few chances he had in the 'yoffs, depending on who you ask. He has the talent. He's probably not going to put up 60 points again but he can def put up ~40 and it likely won't take long into next season before someone needs a dman with a great first pass and is willing to overpay for it. I'm still going to voice my 2 cents that he should make the cut to stay.

Side note, can we just change a players position from d to lw for a few games and be like nope, he's a winger, he can be protected? lmfao. How does that work? Like, the Byfuglien of old that used to play RW and D. How do you protect him?

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I'm just trying to clear cap $ so we can sign FA.
    I get that, but clearing cap nowadays costs you prospects, roster players, draft pics or a combination of depending on how much you wanna get rid of. Also, FA isn't really the answer to any of the Flyers issues. Yeah, some good players hit FA but they're almost always overpaid and idk if we need another contract we'll regret around here. Cough cough, Hayes. You won't get a good deal so may as well ride what you got.

I ain't moving jvr or ghost if it costs getting a salary back. JVR can still score 20+ goals for a few years and not take a top 6 spot. Who knows what the contract we get back will be and how good they are. If its for a something that can help...sure. If not, then just let seattle take him. I don't want another hartnell for umberger situation just to clear some space.

ghost is easier to move. Both can still help us next year though

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    He is what he is. He'll be a useful 4th liner. Nothing more nothing less. I like him, but he is what he is.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast