Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Rumors from Eklund saying Ghost to Chicago is a possibility. Dylan Strome still hasn't signed and is a RFA...hmmm...
    Does Chicago have anything we need as far as a player or draft pick or is this just a salary dump

The Sixers getting a terrific GM with a vision makes me realize how the flyers might be stuck in purgatory for a while, lack of an elite scorer and beyond aged 1st line players. Not to mention the NHL being a huge ? for restarting ... not good.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Does Chicago have anything we need as far as a player or draft pick or is this just a salary dump
    I'd be highly upset if the Flyers made a significant long term commitment to Strome.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    The Sixers getting a terrific GM with a vision makes me realize how the flyers might be stuck in purgatory for a while, lack of an elite scorer and beyond aged 1st line players. Not to mention the NHL being a huge ? for restarting ... not good.
    it will really suck if there is not season and players contracts are delayed a year. We would have braun until he is 36 instead of 35, we keep jvr's contract for longer, hayes...not good

What a great deal for Myers...$2.55 AAV. Also, it seems like hockey will be back on January 13th.

There's also a rumor of Sanheim for Nylander going around out there...

What a great deal for Myers...$2.55 AAV. Also, it seems like hockey will be back on January 13th.

There's also a rumor of Sanheim for Nylander going around out there...
    Great deal for Myers. Home run with no downside.

That is Eklund fueled BS. Don't buy it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Great deal for Myers. Home run with no downside.

That is Eklund fueled BS. Don't buy it.

I don't buy it, but I wanted to start fueling some season talk with the season actually starting a month a 4 days from now. lol

I don't buy it, but I wanted to start fueling some season talk with the season actually starting a month a 4 days from now. lol
    Haha I guess. I'm not going to give it any credence.

Just excited we will likely have a season. The Eagles are worthless, so I need something to sink my teeth into

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Haha I guess. I'm not going to give it any credence.

Just excited we will likely have a season. The Eagles are worthless, so I need something to sink my teeth into

Yeah, at least the birds will get a nice pick at the top of the draft unless they do that thing where they win out and ruin their chances at a great WR (JaMarr Chase) or LB (Drew Seers or Micah Parsons).

I'm really excited to start watching hockey again...I think we are going to start trending towards being a top team in the NHL. Love the deal for Myers so much. It's the first time in a long time that I feel like we have an obvious win on a contract.

Yeah, at least the birds will get a nice pick at the top of the draft unless they do that thing where they win out and ruin their chances at a great WR (JaMarr Chase) or LB (Drew Seers or Micah Parsons).

I'm really excited to start watching hockey again...I think we are going to start trending towards being a top team in the NHL. Love the deal for Myers so much. It's the first time in a long time that I feel like we have an obvious win on a contract.
    Couturierís deal has been one best contracts in the NHL

Nils Hoglander is the truth. We should try to acquire him.

Couturierís deal has been one best contracts in the NHL
    Wasn't that back in 2015? Like I said, been a long time...

Wasn't that back in 2015? Like I said, been a long time...
    tk, provorov, lindblom have decent contracts too.

Nils Hoglander is the truth. We should try to acquire him.
    who do we give up though? can't give picks so it would have to be a young player they like too. They would probably ask for farabee and we would get like an added pick or something

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    tk, provorov, lindblom have decent contracts too.
    None of those, in my opinion, were/are 'obvious wins' in contracts. That's my opinion though.

TK -- Was on pace for a record season, yes...but then was all but invisible in the playoffs.
    Provy -- So far his contract is about what it should be. He has the ability still, but he needs to really take his game to the next level by eliminating those turnovers (especially the head scratching 'that's not you' type of turnovers he has sometimes).
    Lindblom -- Definitely not an "obvious win" contract. It's a low risk/high reward contract. Cancer and chemo is not an injury you overcome. I have confidence he will, but it's not an obvious win.

Myers -- Is a young defenseman that was arguably our best defenseman in a lot of games (not most, but I would say 10-15) last season. He also performed pretty well in the playoffs. He addresses a need as a RHD as well. Getting a top 4 (at worst) d-man for 3 years and under 3AAV is an obvious win in my opinion.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast