Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

So Chris Stewart retires after 11 seasons. Who is Fletch gonna bring in to replace him lol

Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    I agree with both of these statements. While yes, it would cost a 1st rounder to get rid of him, there's no real reason to. He's still usable, esp if you use him as a tree out front of the net.

And yes, all three of those players could be useful to a lot of teams. JVR/Jake you're gonna likely have to sweeten the deal a decent bit to not retain salary. For Ghost, imo you can easily trade him for a productive 3rd line winger.
    I feel like some teams would be a little higher on JVR than us needing to give a 1st or even 2nd rounder to dump him. He is still capable of potting 25 goals a season if put in the proper situation. I wouldn't package him with draft capital to get rid of him unless we were making a big play for a big name guy like Laine....I still think the flyers could get Drouin for a decently small amount...Maybe send the Habs JVR and a 1st and get Dru lol

I like the Hagg deal by the way...I dont know if anyone else saw, but 2 years 3.2M (1.6AAV). That's not bad for a serviceable 5-7 d-man who knows the system. Plus, I feel like they needed to keep him for the expansion draft and Lindblom's happiness since they're best buds. lol

Currently have 6.2M in cap space with Nolan Patrick, Elliot, and Myers left to sign. That would give us 12F, 6D, 2G on the roster though so we would likely call up a rookie at D (Please be York) and F (please be Frost) to be the extra guy on the roster at each position. Also, with Ghost likely gone, we would either also call up Zamula or sign another guy. That would give us another 4.5M...

Assuming all of that, we likely have 10.7M to sign NP, Elliot, and Myers...call up 1/2 dmen...and call up Frost.

NP is currently falling under that rule where he didn't accumulate enough pro playing time to be a RFA so he is not eligible to be tendered an offer sheet from another team, which is nice. I think we keep him for a deal for 2 years 5M (2.5AAV) at worst.

Myers will be a bridge for 2/3 years 2.5-3ishAAV.

Elliot will be a couple years 2AAV.

That's already 7M or 8M spent before calling up Frost/York/Zamula....Someone must go...

Buying out JVR would suck...Our cap hit would still be 2.75, 2.75, 4.75, 1.75, 1.75, 1.75 over the 6 years of paying. Maybe we can trade him to MTL and keep 2-3M and save the extra hit there. It would gain us around 4-5M in cap space...

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I feel like some teams would be a little higher on JVR than us needing to give a 1st or even 2nd rounder to dump him. He is still capable of potting 25 goals a season if put in the proper situation. I wouldn't package him with draft capital to get rid of him unless we were making a big play for a big name guy like Laine....I still think the flyers could get Drouin for a decently small amount...Maybe send the Habs JVR and a 1st and get Dru lol

I like the Hagg deal by the way...I dont know if anyone else saw, but 2 years 3.2M (1.6AAV). That's not bad for a serviceable 5-7 d-man who knows the system. Plus, I feel like they needed to keep him for the expansion draft and Lindblom's happiness since they're best buds. lol
    I was speaking in terms of a pure cap dump. If you can find a suitor that would find him useful, that makes it a much better negotiating standpoint. But to dump him off on a team that doesn't want/need him just for salary relief? Yeah that's a first lol.

I'm not sold on Drouin being any good consistently, but I'm willing to bite at a slightly lower price. If they kick in a 3rd round pick the other way to make me feel better about myself, that would greatly improve how I view the deal.

Hagg was going to get extended, we all knew that, but I was hoping but a bit lower of an AAV. 1.6 isn't bad tho.

Currently have 6.2M in cap space with Nolan Patrick, Elliot, and Myers left to sign. That would give us 12F, 6D, 2G on the roster though so we would likely call up a rookie at D (Please be York) and F (please be Frost) to be the extra guy on the roster at each position. Also, with Ghost likely gone, we would either also call up Zamula or sign another guy. That would give us another 4.5M...

Assuming all of that, we likely have 10.7M to sign NP, Elliot, and Myers...call up 1/2 dmen...and call up Frost.

NP is currently falling under that rule where he didn't accumulate enough pro playing time to be a RFA so he is not eligible to be tendered an offer sheet from another team, which is nice. I think we keep him for a deal for 2 years 5M (2.5AAV) at worst.

Myers will be a bridge for 2/3 years 2.5-3ishAAV.

That's already 7M or 8M spent before calling up Frost/York/Zamula....Someone must go...

Buying out JVR would suck...Our cap hit would still be 2.75, 2.75, 4.75, 1.75, 1.75, 1.75 over the 6 years of paying. Maybe we can trade him to MTL and keep 2-3M and save the extra hit there. It would gain us around 4-5M in cap space...
    How about JVR and a middle of the road pick to Detroit for Filppula and buy him out. We get 5+ mil cap relief, they get something useful that will help them win more than 16 games....Seems like it may work

Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    So Chris Stewart retires after 11 seasons. Who is Fletch gonna bring in to replace him lol
    he already is signed with player development with the flyers lol

hagg resigned 1.6 for 2 years

stewart signed for player development

I'm scared they resign thompson

bob mckenzie saying eichel wants to be traded....boston is trying to trade krug's rights

if Patrick wasn't hurt, he could've been used in a deal to get eichel ****

i think a Patrick, voracek, 1st gets it done. might have to throw in ghost

just image:

g-Eichel-farabee
    lindblom-couts-tk
    jvr-hayes-frost
    raffl-laughton-nak
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 09-28-2020 at 02:07 PM.

I'm scared they resign thompson
    there's no reason to get worked up over it before it happens.
    no. elliott is not worth 2MM per year, and he's not good enough to command multiple years.

goalies are completely replaceable; stop falling in love with your own backups.
    bob mckenzie saying eichel wants to be traded....boston is trying to trade krug's rights

if Patrick wasn't hurt, he could've been used in a deal to get eichel ****
    if you want to get eichel, you offer provorov or sanheim.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post

no. elliott is not worth 2MM per year, and he's not good enough to command multiple years.

ya i think elliot will get a 1 year 1.5 or less.

Well if Patrick played the full year and scored like 40+ he would be viewed as a really nice future piece. Losing eichel brings a huge hole at center and Patrick (if played a full season and showing signs/a nice playoffs) would entice them more than other offers.

Latest rumors are the flyers are linked to Laine ...

This is a prime opportunity to unload Voracek because no way does Peg want to pay Laine the 10m/year he will command

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post

I didn't fall in love with a backup...I meant 2M 1AAV over 2 years...and I said 2 years because every team must expose a goalie in the expansion draft that is signed through 2022.

Also, I agree there is no way to Eichel for that package. I would offer Sanheim for him if we really believe in York. Myers panning out probably means that our top pairing for the future is Myers and Provy. Sending Sanheim, Jake, a 1st, and 3rd for Eichel....I wouldn't blink...I doubt they do that though.

In a couple years...

Myers - Provy
    York - FA/Morin/Zamula
    Hagg - FA/Morin/Zamula

This year...

Provy - Nisk
    Myers - Morin
    Hagg - FA/Zamula/York

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Latest rumors are the flyers are linked to Laine ...

This is a prime opportunity to unload Voracek because no way does Peg want to pay Laine the 10m/year he will command
    Depends on the price. I'm not moving Sanheim, Provy or Couts.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

I didn't fall in love with a backup...I meant 2M 1AAV over 2 years...and I said 2 years because every team must expose a goalie in the expansion draft that is signed through 2022.

Also, I agree there is no way to Eichel for that package. I would offer Sanheim for him if we really believe in York. Myers panning out probably means that our top pairing for the future is Myers and Provy. Sending Sanheim, Jake, a 1st, and 3rd for Eichel....I wouldn't blink...I doubt they do that though.

In a couple years...

Myers - Provy
    York - FA/Morin/Zamula
    Hagg - FA/Morin/Zamula

This year...

Provy - Nisk
    Myers - Morin
    Hagg - FA/Zamula/York
    Morin lol

He not only wonít make the team, he has 3 NHL games since 2013

York wonít make this team either, he isnít nearly ready - especially with the pandemic setback

This requirement is almost irrelevant. The Flyers could sign someone like Michael Leighton as their fifth goalie for two years and leave him exposed if they needed someone to expose.

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast