Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good for him. He's been carrying that team on his back, he's earned it.

Now fire Bill O'Brien.

If I were him I'd want out after they swapped Hopkins for DJ

He's dumb for resigning with that garbage franchise, but smart for getting a 4 year deal. He'll end up with more money than Mahomes over the next 10 years.

So this means Dak should get about $42M per right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He's dumb for resigning with that garbage franchise.
    Agree, seems like going to FA would have been the right move, probably worried about being tagged in a COVID impacted cap reference year or something?

I guess with the big contracts the tag would probably still be high.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    So this means Dak should get about $42M per right?

Isnít this the exact deal dak was looking for? 4/$160mill with guarantees around 110-115mill or so

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Isnít this the exact deal dak was looking for? 4/$160mill with guarantees around 110-115mill or so
    Honestly we donít know exactly what Dak wanted. Heís never said what his terms were. We did hear though that Dak turned down $35M per with $100M guaranteed.

The only think we heard from Dakís side is that they wanted a 3 or 4 year deal and the Cowboys wanted 5 years.

He's dumb for resigning with that garbage franchise, but smart for getting a 4 year deal. He'll end up with more money than Mahomes over the next 10 years.
    doubtful... injuries/running QBs and how quick they die etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Honestly we donít know exactly what Dak wanted. Heís never said what his terms were. We did hear though that Dak turned down $35M per with $100M guaranteed.

The only think we heard from Dakís side is that they wanted a 3 or 4 year deal and the Cowboys wanted 5 years.

Given we heard very little on the dollar side of things that makes me believe that they were on the same page, I think it was all about years. I think Dak was eyeing the ability to have 3-4 big contracts, and the Cowboys only want him to have 2-3 big deals.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    doubtful... injuries/running QBs and how quick they die etc
    The league is losing QB talent at a rapid rate, i guarantee Watson gets taken care of by the refs. And he's not a running QB like Lamar, he's a legit dual threat.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Given we heard very little on the dollar side of things that makes me believe that they were on the same page, I think it was all about years. I think Dak was eyeing the ability to have 3-4 big contracts, and the Cowboys only want him to have 2-3 big deals.
    Yea Dak wants to get paid now but also be able to get another big money contract when the new tv money kicks in 2022 and 2023. If he turned down $35M/$100M guaranteed/5 yrs, and now with Watson getting $40M/$111M guaranteed/4 yrs itís likely that Dak gets (or asks for) $42M/$120M guaranteed/4 yrs. or if the Cowboys make it to the Super Bowl I would not rule out him asking for Mahomes money.

The league is losing QB talent at a rapid rate, i guarantee Watson gets taken care of by the refs. And he's not a running QB like Lamar, he's a legit dual threat.
    he is still a running QB... he has like 200 rushing attempts his first 2 years as a full starter... thats hits.

Rodgers was a duel threat but never really a runner and i am not sure he has come near what mahomes will make for his career.... its just not even remotely likely watson will... hell how many guys actually make more than 500 mill for their nfl careers?

yet watson a rushing QB who has 2 years of exp will? alright bud.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 09-06-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he is still a running QB... he has like 200 rushing attempts his first 2 years as a full starter... thats hits.

Rodgers was a duel threat but never really a runner and i am not sure he has come near what mahomes will make for his career.... its just not even remotely likely watson will... hell how many guys actually make more than 500 mill for their nfl careers?

yet watson a rushing QB who has 2 years of exp will? alright bud.
    200 career rushes along with 1200 career passes. Not all of those are hits and some of those are kneel downs that count as rushes. That's absolutely a dual threat QB. Hes had some weapons to throw to, but his OL and coaches/play calling have been abysmal and he still is carrying his offense.

Watson is gonna make more than Mahomes because he's gonna reset the market again in 4 years, whereas Mahomes is signed for 10 years. Watson will still be in his athletic prime for his next contract.

He deserves the money and it was a smart move on his part to sign for 4 year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast