Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,074
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Only way it could be any clearer is if the characters broke the 4th wall and said ďwe represent the current state of the USĒ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think you'd have to be pretty damn obtuse not to (hence my comment).
    Lmao absolutely agreed

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,092
    Iíll give it a 9/10 just because itís so ****ing absurd.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Oh yeah! Looking forward to watching this finale tonight.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,187
    fantastic finale...9/10.... i still hope they get powers though man

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Yeah. Definitely a really good finale. Maybe I'm a sick **** but I was hoping that Butcher would kill the kid there when he reached for the crowbar towards the end of the episode.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,203
    Watching that Nazi ***** get Anakin Skywalkered was enjoyable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,092
    Jensen Ackels will join the cast as soldier boy next year. Soldier boy is the captain America of the show which is funny because Jensen Ackels was on the short list to play Cap in the MCU back when they were casting for him.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Here's a ****** review of the finale: https://tv.avclub.com/the-boys-wraps...-an-1845327479

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,320
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Here's a ****** review of the finale: https://tv.avclub.com/the-boys-wraps...-an-1845327479
    I think he makes a good point about the reveal at the very end, about who is responsible for the exploding heads.

    I don't necessarily agree with the review overall, but I thought the finale was good, but probably not great.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-10-2020 at 09:10 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I think he makes a good point about the reveal at the very end, about who is responsible for the exploding heads.

    I don't necessarily agree with the review overall, but I thought the finale was good, but probably not great.
    If you're referring to the "both sides" aspect of it, I didn't mind that at all.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,652
    What a great season, it started off slow and I do wish they could have stretched out the themes of the final 2 episodes, integrated some of those moments into the filler episodes but man, what a thrilling 2 parter. The way they make you care about someone as sadistic as Homelander is something I rarely experience. One of my closest friends grew up in the foster care system and dude had some tears to shed when I had him binge thru both seasons. Brilliant work, not as woke as I feared heading into the season.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    41,435
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah. Definitely a really good finale. Maybe I'm a sick **** but I was hoping that Butcher would kill the kid there when he reached for the crowbar towards the end of the episode.
    Lol. For sure. Dudes definitely not doing anything to harm the kid though. His only thing left.

    Iím definitely digging this series.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Lol. For sure. Dudes definitely not doing anything to harm the kid though. His only thing left.

    Iím definitely digging this series.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I was just ready for the absurdly violent overreaction to the kid killing the love of dude's life (plus, it was already established that he wanted nothing to do with the kid).

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    41,435
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah. I was just ready for the absurdly violent overreaction to the kid killing the love of dude's life (plus, it was already established that he wanted nothing to do with the kid).
    Donít disagree. It was established prior to the neck shot though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Donít disagree. It was established prior to the neck shot though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed. Made plenty of sense for Butcher to honor his love's dying wish.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •