Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets vs Phils

Stop nibbling you POS

Peterson has no comtrol.

Peterson just doesn’t have it today and Phil’s just waiting him out.

Re: Wheeler. Mets FO did what it always does. Brought in Stromann as a hedge and to pressure Zach into possibly taking less. Combine that with a less than robust effort to sign him. So, after developing him and waiting for him to blossom... just at that point they let him fly and got nothing for him. Same thing happened with Murphy. And you can name a dozen or more similar situations over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    Re: Wheeler. Mets FO did what it always does. Brought in Stromann as a hedge and to pressure Zach into possibly taking less. Combine that with a less than robust effort to sign him. So, after developing him and waiting for him to blossom... just at that point they let him fly and got nothing for him. Same thing happened with Murphy. And you can name a dozen or more similar situations over the years.
    Wheeler wasn’t doing this here. No one would care that much about him if his ERA was in the high-3s like usual.

Peterson is just not sharp today. Maybe skipping him in the rotation last time through wasn’t such a great idea.

No chance today. Wow

I hate this staff

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Wheeler wasn’t doing this here. No one would care that much about him if his ERA was in the high-3s like usual.
    I disagree. You could say the same thing about Murphy. Wheeler caught fire and showed consistency in the second half last year. Murphy caught fire near the end of his last season here, especially in the playoffs. Met FO claimed “flash in the pan” status for both. They are (a) cheap in a large market and (b) generally poor assessors of their talent’s trajectory of “arrival”. It’s happened too many times not to be a characteristic of this club’s management.

I am 100 percent on board with trading Rosario in the offseason, anyone else?

Sure we could have him learn CF, he’s certainly athletic enough. I just don’t think he ever figures out “the little things”...like when to shorten his swing when down in the count, how to steal a base, and how to get on base other than by a hit. I’m also not always fond of his actions at shortstop.

He is literally beaming with potential still and it’s not like he’s **** the bed. Gimenez has been a revelation. He brings all of the negatives I mentioned about Rosario to the table, and consistently. Simply put, I see it that rosarios value hasn’t tanked...it’s more just that Gimenez has surprised us.

I’d trade him for a young pitcher going through a similar scenario as Rosario. Loads of potential, but just can’t figure it out with his current team.

All that being said, I’ll still be hopeful that Rosario figures it out someday even if we trade him.

Also...this game has started super ******. We need the bats to keep us in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez, Rojas and Hefner take way too long to get someone up and throwing in the BP.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    No chance today. Wow
    Hey now. 8 attempts at the plate left.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    I disagree. You could say the same thing about Murphy. Wheeler caught fire and showed consistency in the second half last year. Murphy caught fire near the end of his last season here, especially in the playoffs. Met FO claimed “flash in the pan” status for both. They are (a) cheap in a large market and (b) generally poor assessors of their talent’s trajectory of “arrival”. It’s happened too many times not to be a characteristic of this club’s management.
    Nah I thought Wheeler turned the corner after his brilliant 2nd half in 2018. But then he had a 4.71 ERA by the Trade Deadline last season. He just seemed like an inconsistent pitcher who got better as the season went along. Maybe that’s the reason why he’s doing well this season, since April and most of July was canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I am 100 percent on board with trading Rosario in the offseason, anyone else?

Sure we could have him learn CF, he’s certainly athletic enough. I just don’t think he ever figures out “the little things”...like when to shorten his swing when down in the count, how to steal a base, and how to get on base other than by a hit. I’m also not always fond of his actions at shortstop.

He is literally beaming with potential still and it’s not like he’s **** the bed. Gimenez has been a revelation. He brings all of the negatives I mentioned about Rosario to the table, and consistently. Simply put, I see it that rosarios value hasn’t tanked...it’s more just that Gimenez has surprised us.

I’d trade him for a young pitcher going through a similar scenario as Rosario. Loads of potential, but just can’t figure it out with his current team.

All that being said, I’ll still be hopeful that Rosario figures it out someday even if we trade him.

Also...this game has started super ******. We need the bats to keep us in this one.

Should have traded him for Realmuto when we had the chance and Marlins were interested. They wanted a pitching prospect too which shouldn’t have been a dealbreaker considering how many of those we’ve shipped out for next to nothing in the end

Peterson crashing back to earth.

He’s been extremely fortunate thus far.

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast