Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Can you post a link. I tried quickly to search this out.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Are we sure this isn't just an exit interview? Every team meets with their players before they leave for the offseason.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Are we sure this isn't just an exit interview? Every team meets with their players before they leave for the offseason.
    It was definitely something more.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Bless

Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo had a private meeting with franchise co-owner Marc Lasry on Saturday to discuss the team's future, sources told Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.

Antetokounmpo is set to become a free agent for the first time in his career after next season. The Bucks will be permitted to offer him a five-year, super-max contract likely worth upward of $200 million this offseason - far more than any other team can offer him if he chooses to become a free agent in 2021.

However, if the 25-year-old refuses to commit to the Bucks long term, it could complicate matters for the franchise. Milwaukee can choose to retain him for the final season of his contract in order to make another run at a championship, though that also presents the risk of losing him for nothing after the 2020-21 campaign.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/20...s-teams-future

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Giannis will stay in Milwaukee at this point. Why? He's eligible for a supermax and no chance he turns that down especially when it is on the table. But if he stays, the only way he stays in Milwaukee is if they win the chip next season and or they get someone via trade to pair up with Giannis and Middleton but who? I say CP3...Chris Paul ends up in Milwaukee with Giannis and Middleton. If he doesn't win the chip next season, he is definitely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Giannis will stay in Milwaukee at this point. Why? He's eligible for a supermax and no chance he turns that down especially when it is on the table. But if he stays, the only way he stays in Milwaukee is if they win the chip next season and or they get someone via trade to pair up with Giannis and Middleton but who? I say CP3...Chris Paul ends up in Milwaukee with Giannis and Middleton. If he doesn't win the chip next season, he is definitely gone.
    So is he signing the Supermax and staying in Milwaukee or is he leaving?

8/24/2

Giannis had an exit interview that the media is playing up to have a story.

If I were the Bucks I’d roll the dice with Giannis. Maybe get MDA to become part of Buds staff. Brogdan was a perfect PG to play with Giannis despite the injuries, so I would look to move Bledsoe for some combo guard. I’d be on the phone with Houston for House non-stop.

I’ve seen lots of CP3 to Bucks talk but I don’t live that move all that much TBH. If the Hornets are in on Graham at PG maybe look at Rozier as a trade target.

Rozier-House-Middleton-Giannis-Lopez isn’t bad. Especially if you can get a 3/4 to come in for Lopez and play Giannis as a point center at times.

If Giannis leaves, you might be able to make it as a late lotto/early playoff team and develop someone. If not you got a bunch of decent players to trade out for young guys/picks. If Giannis stays it’s a damn good team.

It was definitely something more.
    Yea, it was something more. That being said, he's a star player eligible for possibly the largest contract in the history of the nba. Of course they are going to have a meeting with him to understand where he's at. This meeting was always going to happen and it probably happens with every team and their star player who's eligible for a massive contract.

This isn't saying he's a shoe in to stay or anything, but let's not act surprised by this. Why wouldn't giannis and management sit down together to discuss the future as it's wildly important for all sides.

CP3 to Milwaukee just makes too much sense right now and pairing him up with Giannis...just think of how good that will be

So is he signing the Supermax and staying in Milwaukee or is he leaving?
    My personal preference for Giannis would be for him to stay in Milwaukee and re sign with them but if he leaves, it will only be because of them not winning the chip. Which is why I'm saying next season for the Bucks is a must win.

The rings argument is so ****ing tired. So few teams have ever one it and such a small percent of players have ever won it. Does the lack of a ring somehow mean a player wasn’t a great player? **** no. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Isaiah Thomas, Allen Iverson, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley are still great players. The rings argument is such a fanboy simple thing to judge the quality player. **** with 5 rings Robert Horry would be one of the greatest 6th me of all time then.

Well Giannis if he wants to forge or cement his legacy, only way to do that is to win rings especially in today's NBA

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The rings argument is so ****ing tired. So few teams have ever one it and such a small percent of players have ever won it. Does the lack of a ring somehow mean a player wasn’t a great player? **** no. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Isaiah Thomas, Allen Iverson, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley are still great players. The rings argument is such a fanboy simple thing to judge the quality player. **** [b]with 5 rings Robert Horry would be one of the greatest 6th me of all time then.
    Wait until your realize he has 7!

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The rings argument is so ****ing tired. So few teams have ever one it and such a small percent of players have ever won it. Does the lack of a ring somehow mean a player wasn’t a great player? **** no. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Isaiah Thomas, Allen Iverson, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley are still great players. The rings argument is such a fanboy simple thing to judge the quality player. **** with 5 rings Robert Horry would be one of the greatest 6th me of all time then.
    I mean, those guys arent considered top 5 of all time types or even really top 10 of all time types. In the nba in particular, rings matter a ton. Giannis has an mvp and a dpoy. He will likely win a 2nd mvp this year. It's far from guaranteed, but it's not inconceivable that he could win a few more MVPs. I don't think giannis will ever be considered the GOAT, but if we start talking about a guy who wins 4 MVPs and maybe then also gets 3 rings or something, that's top 10 player of all time discussion for sure.

And I guess that's why it matters alot. Assuming giannis doesn't get severely injured or his play just falls off a cliff, he's on an easy hall of fame path. But if he wants to be considered a top 10 type of guy, I dont see any way it happens without winning a couple rings.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast