Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Josh Rossn on trade block per Schefter

Full tweet

"With Miamiís rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa healthy, the Dolphins have fielded trade inquiries in recent days for former first-round pick Josh Rosen, per league sources. In an upcoming weekend of moves, Rosen could be on the move again."

I absolutely love Rosen as a person and love the mindset hes had since coming here. Hes taken the blows in stride. I would love to see him succeed.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Doubt we move him unless it's something we need or at min a day two pick. Maybe a 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Full tweet

"With Miamiís rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa healthy, the Dolphins have fielded trade inquiries in recent days for former first-round pick Josh Rosen, per league sources. In an upcoming weekend of moves, Rosen could be on the move again."

I absolutely love Rosen as a person and love the mindset hes had since coming here. Hes taken the blows in stride. I would love to see him succeed.
    Me too. What a shame if he has to move after another single year with a losing team. I know he will be passed over eventually for Tua, but even if he settles in as a backup in Miami for a couple of years before he moves on I bet it would be better for him.

Tua seems to have already passed him as QB2 and the staff clearly wants him to be. They've been force feeding him reps to prepare him for it. So at that point you might as well flip him for something, even if its a 4th. He won't be any more valuable than he is now with two years left on the deal. But at the same time I do think this year in particular you keep him just in case, espcially with Tua possibly being inactive the first few weeks.

All that to say that I dont think theres much happening here. Dolphins probably leaked this to generate some buzz to see if someone offers something stupid for him. Im sure they've been taking calls for awhile but haven't actively shopped him.

If they really are looking to move him, they must be very confident in Tua's hip progress, which would be good news.

With fitzPatrick's age and tuas injury history I'd rather keep him, especially since he costs so little.

But I guess they want the roster spot.

With the amount of bad qbs we have been exposed to over the years I feel better keeping him, but I get why they are ready to move on from him.

Miami isn't picking up his option next year and the writing has been on the wall since drafting Tua. Trade him while he still has a little value as a solid backup qb.

If Fitz gets banged up and the o-line isn't ready to protect Tua then we will/should sign Rudock or some other bum to take the snaps.

Honestly I'll take a 4th for him easy. If a team offered a 3rd I'd cry tears of joy. But a 5th or lower just doesn't make sense considering the contract he has and the experience. Let Tua be inactive for a few weeks to be 100% safe and then unleash him.

I still cant understand why Grier gave up a 2nd for him. I really hope that it was O'Shea pounding the table for him because thats the only way to defend Grier for the move.

UPDARE: The Dolphins have released Josh Rosen.

Absolute worst move the franchise has made since Dion Jordan. Wow.

Even though it didnt work out I think at the time it was a good trade. After watching him in game last season he didnt look good to me.

I've never been a "take one until you find one" guy but trading for Rosen wasn't the problem. The problem was competing against yourself for the trade. Theres no reason you had to give up that 2nd for him espcially when it seemed like Grier never had faith in him.

Dealing a 2nd for a QB who just went top ten the year before to see what he could do wasn't a bad move at all. Would do it again even knowing we would land Tua and when we did the trade we didn't know that.

A QB is something I'm fine with taking risks to find, it's a must in this era. Plus we had an extra 2nd, we also traded down before dealing for him and picking up another. The way I look at that deal was 19 '2nd, 20' 5th for Rosen, 20' 2nd.

Dion Jordan was a baaaaad decision...

Funny thing about Rosen is he still only 23...

Seems like he's been in the league for years the way he's been tossed around...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    dealing a 2nd for a qb who just went top ten the year before to see what he could do wasn't a bad move at all. Would do it again even knowing we would land tua and when we did the trade we didn't know that.

A qb is something i'm fine with taking risks to find, it's a must in this era. Plus we had an extra 2nd, we also traded down before dealing for him and picking up another. The way i look at that deal was 19 '2nd, 20' 5th for rosen, 20' 2nd.
    Agreed... A 2nd for a 22 year old top 10 pick was a good chance to take...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I'm on the opposite end on that spectrum. I hate taking a QB just to take a QB. It was obvious early on that it was not a decision that Grier loved. He listened to someone (seems like O'Shea) and got burned for it.

Yes getting a top 10 QB pick a year later for a late 2nd sounds good on paper, but when that trade is for a guy who just looks generally bad its a bad trade. Espcially since no one else was trying to get Rosen. That 2nd could have been a very valuable player like DK Metcalf or Chase Winovich.