Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Is Bud coaching for his job?

It seems crazy but Bud could be coaching for his job. This is the story of his career. Win in regular season but come playoff time...can't win the big series. Slow to make adjustments. Tough to really think of that with BUcks getting No. 1 seed In East last two years. Bud isn't only to take some blame as the Bucks Bucks PGs are getting lunch handed to them by Dragic. Herro, Crowder role players dominating Bucks' bench guys. Bud has to shorten rotation but the bench guards like DD, PC have been horrendous.

I just think if Bucks bow out in semis going to be a long offseason of chatter. Giannis wont sign supermax. Bucks need to turn it around and need Giannis to be ultra special and the role players to show up or at least not stink at both ends for Bucks to snatch this series back from MIA.

Yea, I think this offseason comes down to three things. First, is giannis going to sign the super max. Secondly and thirdly, you need to make a decision if he doesn't. Do you go all in for 1 year of giannis and hope to convince him to stay or do you strike while the iron is hot and get value for him.

First, if giannis signs the extension, then it's a discussion with giannis. If he and bud have a good enough relationship, I'm okay giving him one more yearn if giannis is done with him, then I'm okay moving on.

In the second, if you're going all in on giannis for one year and hope to convince him to stay, then you have to move on for bus if we lose to Miami. You have to seriously consider how to overhaul the roster to an extent too.

In the third scenario, where you trade giannis while you can get something knowing he's not resigning, then I actually don't mind keeping bud. An experienced coach could be good for a younger, building team. I'd also try to move other vets too, depending on the return for giannis.

So more or less, yea, Bud is coaching for his job. His inability to make playoff adjustments is showing up and its been his Achilles heel even beford Milwaukee. That being said, giannis and others need to step the **** up too. Giannis has had years to improve as a shooter, and until he starts making mud range jumpers and free throws at an acceptable clip, hell never be a true #1 on a championship quality team. He's basically shaq who needs to find his kobe/Wade. But if he can hit those jumpers and free throws, he can be a lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea, I think this offseason comes down to three things. First, is giannis going to sign the super max. Secondly and thirdly, you need to make a decision if he doesn't. Do you go all in for 1 year of giannis and hope to convince him to stay or do you strike while the iron is hot and get value for him.

First, if giannis signs the extension, then it's a discussion with giannis. If he and bud have a good enough relationship, I'm okay giving him one more yearn if giannis is done with him, then I'm okay moving on.

In the second, if you're going all in on giannis for one year and hope to convince him to stay, then you have to move on for bus if we lose to Miami. You have to seriously consider how to overhaul the roster to an extent too.

In the third scenario, where you trade giannis while you can get something knowing he's not resigning, then I actually don't mind keeping bud. An experienced coach could be good for a younger, building team. I'd also try to move other vets too, depending on the return for giannis.

So more or less, yea, Bud is coaching for his job. His inability to make playoff adjustments is showing up and its been his Achilles heel even beford Milwaukee. That being said, giannis and others need to step the **** up too. Giannis has had years to improve as a shooter, and until he starts making mud range jumpers and free throws at an acceptable clip, hell never be a true #1 on a championship quality team. He's basically shaq who needs to find his kobe/Wade. But if he can hit those jumpers and free throws, he can be a lebron.
    Damn crewfan, I basically agree with everything you said and feel the same way. But what I will say is if the Bucks lose to Miami, there is no f-ing way Giannis is signing the supermax. He was poor in G1 and has room to grow as a player, but looking around and seeing basically every role player sh** the bed has to be frustrating. Bud has to shorten the rotation. But Bud can't adjust to Hill and Bled getting lunch taken by f-ing Dragic. DD looks overwhelmed since getting in the bubble. PC was good vs. ORL but has been trash. Basically every role player perimeter guy suck. Hard to coach that. Middleton was good enough in G2 IMO for Bucks to win. THe biggest thing is defense and making adjustments at that end.

So if Bucks do lose Giannis is basically gonna walk. Even if in final year Bucks go to ship I think he walks. That could be part of reason Bucks look so pressure-packed. Like they know how key this year is. One thing lets be real, Giannis is a great personable dude, but he is learning on the job coming over here and learning since 18. Everyone talks about LeBron making the right decision going to MIA and "learning how to win" when they had the best team by far. Then KD basically goes to GS to win and stop hearing about he never won sh** after LBJ won in CLE. GA thinks LBJ going to "learn how to win" is what he needs to do now (if BUcks lose).

I hate that it takes a 3-0 deficit and a giannis injury for the pre bubble team to finally show up. If you add giannis to that team that won game 4, they are a championship caliber team. Problem is, tgst team doesn't show up often enough in the playoffs.

I think the problem is Bud and the Bucks make it too Giannis centric in the playoffs. Let Middleton have the ball more p&r with Giannis instead of post Giannis up. Have teams wall off the paint and kick to a role player bricking a 3. Also Middleton had to make so many tough shots. Really carried them. Bledsoe insists on taking pullup 3s to brick. He is so maddening. BroLo and K-Midd were good enough in G3, kept Bucks in it entire way and then outscored 40-13 in 4th. I just can't believe that could happen with GA on the floor even with an ankle injury.

I don't think Giannis is playing in G5 and I don't think the BUcks will win as Heat won't relax and will have a gameplan in place if no GA. But if the Bucks can find a way to win G5, Giannis would come out probably even crazier and determined than G4 before reinjuring ankle. Bucks could win series if they find a way to win G5. I just don't see them being able to pull it off again. Heat have played so well.