Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Even on the weaknesses section of this year old analysis, his handle is about as smooth as anyone I've seen for his size (outside of KD)....

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/05/0...ej-pokusevski/

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    Even on the weaknesses section of this year old analysis, his handle is about as smooth as anyone I've seen for his size (outside of KD)....

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/05/0...ej-pokusevski/
    He’s my second or third favorite prospect in this entire draft. He won’t be there at 27 though, he’s been rising. Probably late lotto.

Fans calling him “high risk” for busting I don’t think are actually familiar with him. He’s not your normal 18 year old 7 foot Euro prospect. He literally has no weaknesses, if he hits his ceiling you’re talking about a more athletic/fluid Jokic with defense. And yeah he’s skinny but scouts who are familiar with him say his body type (big legs) is actually set up for him to pack on pounds. I don’t think this is a KP case where he comes in and has to do a bunch of roids to gain weight/strength. A proper NBA training program should help him put on 15-20 pounds pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    He’s my second or third favorite prospect in this entire draft. He won’t be there at 27 though, he’s been rising. Probably late lotto.

Fans calling him “high risk” for busting I don’t think are actually familiar with him. He’s not your normal 18 year old 7 foot Euro prospect. He literally has no weaknesses, if he hits his ceiling you’re talking about a more athletic/fluid Jokic with defense. And yeah he’s skinny but scouts who are familiar with him say his body type (big legs) is actually set up for him to pack on pounds. I don’t think this is a KP case where he comes in and has to do a bunch of roids to gain weight/strength. A proper NBA training program should help him put on 15-20 pounds pretty easily.
    I've heard it's actually why he's not a typical Euro "stash" pick...

He wants to get into an NBA training program, so much that he'll come over, even if it's all/most of year 1 in G league....

You don't typically see that type of commitment...

Scrubb is easily one of the best shot creator, shot maker, and finishers in this draft? Everything about his ability is screaming sleeper. What happens when Scrubb gets NBA space with his handle, size, strength, and athleticism? Get him some disciplined coaching and he can and will be a beast.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-19-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Here's an article last yr about Scrubb standing out at the U19 USA Team workouts. The best of the best.

At a time when versatile wing players that can shoot, handle the rock, and fly are so valued, I can't see how teams let this kid out of the first round.

"One of the biggest standouts at the Team USA U19 Training Camp has been JUCO prospect Jayden Scrubb."

“They haven’t had a JUCO player at the U-19 trials in a while,” said ESPN college basketball analyst Fran Fraschilla. “For him to be invited says a lot. It’s a credit to him. He’s one of the best players here.”

Scrubb recently received an offer from Texas Tech. Alabama, VCU, Oregon, Louisville and Cincinnati are also involved.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/17/...training-camp/
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-20-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Give me a bunch of 6 6' guys who can handle the ball, shoot, and pass like Miami. Add Elijah Hughes to my list of late round sleepers whom I wouldn't mind adding in the 2nd round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PohfiR9FDYY Dude catches fire and he's absolutely nasty.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-21-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    If theres a steal in this draft at pg, my bet is It will be dotson.

https://youtu.be/L9u3JRC-v-I
    He reminds me of a not as good version of Monta Ellis.

What can't Scrubb do? NBA Workout

https://twitter.com/dmurrayNBA/statu...uts-jay-scrubb

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisstyles View Post
    He reminds me of a not as good version of Monta Ellis.
    Ya that's a solid comparison.

Dotson is growing on me too. Wonder if he falls to 27

Payton Pritchard has too many damn skills not to be in a pro rotation. You might have to hide him on D but his offensive game is elite. I keep seeing his name in the mid to late 2nd round and I think that's a steal

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Payton Pritchard has too many damn skills not to be in a pro rotation. You might have to hide him on D but his offensive game is elite. I keep seeing his name in the mid to late 2nd round and I think that's a steal
    I was the first to bring up payton too. Hes skilled as heck. But def lacks nba size and athletism.

He pretty much has no upside left in him, for him to be a nba player he will need to learn to be as smart bball iq wise as FVV, and learn to get his shot off the dribble as quick and smooth as FVV does, on the drop of a dime.

What FVV has done to become a high level nba player is nothing short of remarkable, so it's not likely payton or anyone else can do it, but payton has the skills and bball iq if anyone does.

It's just hard if not impossible to project that anyone else can or will do what FVV has done.

Fvv is not supposed to be in the nba let alone be this good.

Trier had all the skills to do what FVV does, but he never had the iq or instincts. So while I'd gladly draft payton, I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt make it.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 10-05-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I was the first to bring up payton too. Hes skilled as heck. But def lacks nba size and athletism.

He pretty much has no upside left in him, for him to be a nba player he will need to learn to be as smart bball iq wise as FVV, and learn to get his shot off the dribble as quick and smooth as FVV does, on the drop of a dime.

What FVV has done to become a high level nba player is nothing short of remarkable, so it's not likely payton or anyone else can do it, but payton has the skills and bball iq if anyone does.

It's just hard if not impossible to project that anyone else can or will do what FVV has done.

Fvv is not supposed to be in the nba let alone be this good.

Trier had all the skills to do what FVV does, but he never had the iq or instincts. So while I'd gladly draft payton, I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt make it.

I'm not sure there is a better shooter off the dribble in this draft, than PP. He's 6 2' and almost 200lbs. I think he's got enough size, quickness, and craftiness with the ball, to be a rotation guy for sure. He may not have a ton of upside but with a 2nd round pick, I think he's still got plenty of value and he's ready to contribute immediately.

With so many unskilled players in the league, who can't shoot, distribute, or dribble, I just can't see why PP won't get a shot.

As the Draft inches closer, I'm becoming more and more convinced any of the projected top 5 picks are interchangeable.

The Knicks could end up with any of the following: Obi Toppin, Devin Vassell, or even LaMelo Ball via swap/trade(seeing the Warriors have interest in Vassell as a young Igoudala).

Whoever the Knicks pick will ultimately change who they chase after in free agency.

The only untouchable position is small forward, as the Knicks already have Kevin Knox and RJ Barrett. Otherwise all other positions are open to be claimed by fresh talent.

Stanley, Bane, and Grant Riller for me...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast