Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 57 of 57
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,735
    Well, so much for Doss stepping up in the absence of T. Williams. He just got cut.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Well, so much for Doss stepping up in the absence of T. Williams. He just got cut.
    As expected. Edwards is the one to step up for Williams.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Well, so much for Doss stepping up in the absence of T. Williams. He just got cut.
    That's a shame. He really had a high catch rate last year. Maybe he'll make the practice squad.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,588
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    That's a shame. He really had a high catch rate last year. Maybe he'll make the practice squad.
    Doss looked great in the preseason...that is it. Throw one pass to a guy and he catches it, this gives him a 100% catch rate.

    He was relatively a non-entity. Disappointing, I had high hopes for him.

    8 games played - Rec 11 Yds 133 Y/R 12.1 TD 0

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Doss looked great in the preseason...that is it. Throw one pass to a guy and he catches it, this gives him a 100% catch rate.

    He was relatively a non-entity. Disappointing, I had high hopes for him.

    8 games played - Rec 11 Yds 133 Y/R 12.1 TD 0
    And with everyone that got hurt last year, canít say there wasnít any opportunity for him.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,588
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    And with everyone that got hurt last year, canít say there wasnít any opportunity for him.
    I agree, maybe rookie jitters, but definitely a let down from the preseason.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,178
    Doss is now on the practice squad. I still don't see how Gafford made the team.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    17,408
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Doss is now on the practice squad. I still don't see how Gafford made the team.
    Gafford plays special teams. Plus gives an additional speed player on the roster. Gruden also is high on Gafford. Gruden never really talks about Doss.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,588
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Doss is now on the practice squad. I still don't see how Gafford made the team.
    Effort and versatility.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Effort and versatility.
    He's a defback who changed positions. Both Doss and Jones had incredible stats when they were in college. They both deserve to be on the team.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,840
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    He's a defback who changed positions. Both Doss and Jones had incredible stats when they were in college. They both deserve to be on the team.
    Incredible stats in college get you to the dance but it doesnít mean someone wants to dance with you. That means nothing in training camp. They need to earn it. They clearly didnít show enough to earn it.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,588
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    He's a defback who changed positions. Both Doss and Jones had incredible stats when they were in college. They both deserve to be on the team.
    That doesn't make any sense Eric. When you move to the NFL you are playing with the top 1% of athletes. In college you could be the best player on your team. put up incredible stats, but when you get to the NFL you are just another player until or unless you stand out. Doss obviously has not stood out, so he does not deserve to make the team despite what he did in college. He probably doesn't offer anything for special teams either, which is a plus for backups.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •