Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Well, so much for Doss stepping up in the absence of T. Williams. He just got cut.

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Well, so much for Doss stepping up in the absence of T. Williams. He just got cut.
    As expected. Edwards is the one to step up for Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    That's a shame. He really had a high catch rate last year. Maybe he'll make the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    That's a shame. He really had a high catch rate last year. Maybe he'll make the practice squad.
    Doss looked great in the preseason...that is it. Throw one pass to a guy and he catches it, this gives him a 100% catch rate.

He was relatively a non-entity. Disappointing, I had high hopes for him.

8 games played - Rec 11 Yds 133 Y/R 12.1 TD 0

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Doss looked great in the preseason...that is it. Throw one pass to a guy and he catches it, this gives him a 100% catch rate.

He was relatively a non-entity. Disappointing, I had high hopes for him.

8 games played - Rec 11 Yds 133 Y/R 12.1 TD 0
    And with everyone that got hurt last year, canít say there wasnít any opportunity for him.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    And with everyone that got hurt last year, canít say there wasnít any opportunity for him.
    I agree, maybe rookie jitters, but definitely a let down from the preseason.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Doss is now on the practice squad. I still don't see how Gafford made the team.

Gafford plays special teams. Plus gives an additional speed player on the roster. Gruden also is high on Gafford. Gruden never really talks about Doss.

Effort and versatility.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Effort and versatility.
    He's a defback who changed positions. Both Doss and Jones had incredible stats when they were in college. They both deserve to be on the team.

He's a defback who changed positions. Both Doss and Jones had incredible stats when they were in college. They both deserve to be on the team.
    Incredible stats in college get you to the dance but it doesnít mean someone wants to dance with you. That means nothing in training camp. They need to earn it. They clearly didnít show enough to earn it.

That doesn't make any sense Eric. When you move to the NFL you are playing with the top 1% of athletes. In college you could be the best player on your team. put up incredible stats, but when you get to the NFL you are just another player until or unless you stand out. Doss obviously has not stood out, so he does not deserve to make the team despite what he did in college. He probably doesn't offer anything for special teams either, which is a plus for backups.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234