Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Fully expect to see Edwards and Ruggs start on the outside and Renfrow in the slot.
    Same, with NA rotating in. I will be happy with that, especially when you factor in our WR like tight end Waller.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I can't see what's going on in practice, but I really hope that they are throwing the entire defensive playbook at the receivers. Hell, even cheat and have them try to get out of their break when guarded by 3 DBs with safety rolling coverage on top. If they can learn how to get open, find seams, voids and get to their spots and catch the ball against that at least once per practice, they'll be fine.

"Throw a man who has never seen a body of water in the deep end and he'll learn how to swim. Throw that same man in with a 50 pound anchor strapped to him and he'll learn how to save lives -- and maybe snatch up a few fish, too, while he's in there." - Ancient mariner proverb

I’m still extremely optimistic about our receiving core. Starting two rookies and a year two guy in the slot gives us a talented but very “green” group. Ooh boy please don’t let this end up being future excuses to why the Fresno state Fraud lead us to another top 10 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    I’m still extremely optimistic about our receiving core. Starting two rookies and a year two guy in the slot gives us a talented but very “green” group. Ooh boy please don’t let this end up being future excuses to why the Fresno state Fraud lead us to another top 10 draft pick
    I’m grateful for Agholor and even Zay Jones. Just to have some older guys in the locker room with our youngsters. This would’ve been a good year for an “Old Man Jordy” type guy, but fortunately for us, our receiver position is pretty deep even if the top guys are largely unproven.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    I’m grateful for Agholor and even Zay Jones. Just to have some older guys in the locker room with our youngsters. This would’ve been a good year for an “Old Man Jordy” type guy, but fortunately for us, our receiver position is pretty deep even if the top guys are largely unproven.
    I’m with you. I would add it is Derek’s time to be the veteran leader. This is his team, his offense. It will be mostly up to him, with some help from the veteran lineman to lead these young players and pursue greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Starting two rookies would not be good idea. I would give Z. Jones another chance to prove himself before calling on Edwards to be a starter.
    Last edited by erickench; 09-04-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Starting two rookies would not be good idea. I would Z. Jones another chance to prove himselef before calling on Edwards to be a starter.
    You start whoever earns it in camp. If those two rookies show their better they should get the nod. Zay is getting a chance to prove himself... in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Starting two rookies would not be good idea. I would Z. Jones another chance to prove himselef before calling on Edwards to be a starter.
    I agree with TrueFan. If you earn the starting spot over another player by virtue of your skill, drive, and desire you start. I don't care if you are a rookie or a 20 year vet, if you have "it" and have earned it, you should get the biscuit, if you don't you sit the bench.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Gruden says that Jones is the most improved offensive player.
    https://www.raidersbeat.com/gruden-s...ensive-player/
    Last edited by erickench; 09-04-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I agree with TrueFan. If you earn the starting spot over another player by virtue of your skill, drive, and desire you start. I don't care if you are a rookie or a 20 year vet, if you have "it" and have earned it, you should get the biscuit, if you don't you sit the bench.
    Stop it, the only thing Eric needs now is for Zay Jones to come out and say that getting snaps last year was an adjustment and that he can't wait to go back to the end of the bench.
    Last edited by mberr; 09-04-2020 at 08:46 PM.

The split end is the possession type receiver. Williams was not possession but Jones and Edwards are. I say they go with experience. I also expect Agholor to challenge Renfrow for the slot position before somebody squashes the smaller player like a bug.

Say what you want about Eric, but he is committed! or should be...

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Come back in a week or two. Get the white jackets ready!

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    It’s as if he never actually left Chargers carries the injury jinx with him

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast