Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Raiders Place WR Tyrell Williams on IR ending season

See ya

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    See ya
    They likely won’t cut him. Leaning on the youngsters heavy now.

Well yea they’re putting him on IR but he’s never playing another snap as a Raider again

Frustrating. Bring on the kids, we will be good.

"...prone to stoogery.".

100% Zay Jones makes the team now.

"...prone to stoogery.".

He will not be here next year, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    100% Zay Jones makes the team now.
    100% sure that he's a starter. They won't go with two first string rookies. My receiver corps:

WR1 Henry Ruggs/Keelan Doss
    WR2 Nelson Agholor/Hunter Renfrow
    WR3 Zay Jones/Bryan Edwards
    PS Rico Gfford

Now if any of you are wondering why I put Agholor ahead of Renfrow it's because he has always thrived as the slot receiver in the past. Renfrow is gonna hurt himself playing in this league because of his lack of size. Jones will start because Olsen wants him to. Olsen is a strong believer in the short passing game which the west coast offense is based on. Jones and Edwards are both possession type receivers. Jones is on the last year of his contract. If he falters then Edwards will step up and take his place. Doss will make this team because he has all the potential in the world and can play anywhere. He will backup Ruggs the lone rookie starter.

Renfrow getting 100 catches

Have to say that Williams has been an utter disappointment since he’s been a raider. Had a shot to be the #1wr and **** the bed. We’re going to struggle with rookies and has beens out there. We have a bunch of #3s right now. Can’t count on rookies at this point. We should probably look to trade for a reliable vet at this point. Here comes more excuses for Carr to remain a Raider.
    Last edited by autechre; 09-01-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Have to say that Williams has been an utter disappointment since he’s been a raider. Had a shot to be the #1wr and **** the bed. We’re going to struggle with rookies and has beens out there. We have a bunch of #3s right now. Can’t count on rookies at this point. We should probably look to trade for a reliable vet at this point. Here comes more excuses for Carr to remain a Raider.
    On the contrary I think we have alot of good young receiavers. Jones needed to be in the right system. I have mentioned this before so I will again. His catch rate actually increased when him came to the Raiders. Him and Doss both had good catch rates at 75 & 70% respectively. Jones needed an offseason to get ready and Doss just needs more playing time. I'm very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    On the contrary I think we have alot of good young receiavers. Jones needed to be in the right system. I have mentioned this before so I will again. His catch rate actually increased when him came to the Raiders. Him and Doss both had good catch rates at 75 & 70% respectively. Jones needed an offseason to get ready and Doss just needs more playing time. I'm very optimistic.
    I have to disagree wholeheartedly, there’s not much either Doss or Z Jones can do out there. They’re athletic but it it takes much more than just athleticism to make an impact at the WR position. Look at Ju Ju Smiths season last year with mediocre QB play and no true #1 wr to take the load off of him. And he’s thrice the player doss or z Jones are. Our pass game will suffer

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Doss will struggle to make the team if he still doesn’t play special teams. I think Gafford May make the team over him, or they go with 5 receivers. Especially since they will most likely keep 4 tight ends.

Gafford is all speed and nothing more. He has very little experience as a wide receiver. Ateman doesn't belong in the NFL. No Doss and Jones will make the team. If you not count Gafford and the other waste product, Doss and Jones together with the others will make six WRs. Gruden likes Doss.

Very unfortunate. Williams is a good receive when healthy. I don't think Gruden brings him back next year with that contract, unless they restructure his contract

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast