Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,883

    Prediction Thread 2020

    Ok .it's that time of year.

    So instead of just predicting a final record, this thread will be for any predictions or prophecies associated with our Raiders(for 2020).

    I'll start. Now I made not be as optimistic as my buddy Wolfe, although I'm not far behind.

    1) I have been very critical of Derek Carr also, although, I feel like this year is really set up for him to thrive. I'm going to predict at least 30 tds and about 1/3 the interceptions(approx.).I believe he is going to play well this year(equating to more victories, not just stats). I'm also predicting 4,500yds passing. NOT BAD DEREK!!

    2) My"pick to click" is Clelin Ferrell , last year many of us chose C Miller, that was about right. This year I feel Clelin will be way more impactful. I still believe he is very good.Another good choice would be Renfro, love his game, he is only going to get better.

    3)Raider defense will break the top 18, to me that is optimistic. Let's face it, they are VERY young.

    4)Raiders will make the playoffs. (as a Wild card)

    5) Raiders final record? 9-7 That kinda feels right for this team, based on how many question marks there are. They are definitely more talented than previous years, just not sure how much.

    6) not a big fan of our special teamers--punter and kicker. We'll see.

    Curious to see if you feel I'm being too hard, or too easy on them.I know some are going to say too easy.

    Good luck.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,589
    Good thread Rubi.

    1.) I suppose the place to start is Carr. I too feel that he will have a fire lit under him. He has all of the weapons, the skills, the familiarity of the system, and the protection to have a stellar year. It is mostly on him and Gruden to push this team into the playoffs. 4k+ yards, 30 TDs, about 10 INTs.

    2.) My picks to click, I assume that are guys to watch who are going to either take the next step or have a big impact for the team. On defense, I agree Ferrell will step up, double digit sacks. My pick however will be our entire linebacker group. They will have a huge impact and so will our new DT. On offense, Renfrow will be even better than last year, his route running is a beautiful thing to watch and he has great hands. He knows how to find a hole in the D. I think Ruggs will have a cool thousand yards and 9 touchdowns.

    3.) Our D will be vastly improved, top 15 with a huge increase in sacks and turnovers.

    4.) Raiders will make the playoffs as a wildcard, but if Mahomey gets injured we will win the division.

    5.) Final record of 10-6

    6.) Gruden will be more daring, push Carr hard to score, especially in the end zone.

    7.) Abrams will be a top 10 Safety this year.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,883
    I have to admit it, I'm a little surprised that no one wanted to make any predictions for 2020. (besides Wolfe and I)

    hmmmm.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,589
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    I have to admit it, I'm a little surprised that no one wanted to make any predictions for 2020. (besides Wolfe and I)

    hmmmm.
    I am too. It's almost as if they are giving you the cold shoulder, brother. That's harsh.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,190
    If we're 3-3 or better, we go 9-7 or 10-6. Anything less than 3-3, it won't be as good as I thought. C'mon guys, it's way too early to get a feel for this team. I think the first 6 will tell all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    193
    1) The defense will be key to this year. We have improved at every level. May take 6-8 games to gel but could be a top ten D on the back half of the season. Barring no major injuries of coarse.

    2) Tyrell Williams will hurt us not being there. He would have shined not being the #1. Will need Bryan Edwards to step up big. The offense should be top 5.

    3) Marinelli will get our Dline to where it needs to be. Expect a jump in sack numbers even with Guenther’s low level of blitzing system

    4) Chucky will be throwback Raider Chucky, guiding an offense that will move the ball at will and score big now that he has all the weapons

    5) Linebacker position will be most improved and we will no longer be a laughingstock in the middle of the field on D

    6) Go bold or go home. My beloved Raiders shall go 11-5 and win the division. Yeah, I said it. Now let’s see it...

    Have fun this season. 2020 sucks...out.
    Last edited by Schmegmatron; 09-01-2020 at 10:13 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,589
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    If we're 3-3 or better, we go 9-7 or 10-6. Anything less than 3-3, it won't be as good as I thought. C'mon guys, it's way too early to get a feel for this team. I think the first 6 will tell all.
    Of course Nick, I used to be the same way. This thread is a preseason HOPE BEYOND HOPE wishful guess at predictions. All of which will change once the season starts and we see just how good or bad this team really is.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,216
    This year is going to be weird. Raiders go 10-5-1. Mahomes gets hurt and we win the division.
    Carr has his best year. Jacobs goes for 2000 yds. Ruggs is offensive rookie of the year.
    Book it!

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Good thread Rubi.

    1.) I suppose the place to start is Carr. I too feel that he will have a fire lit under him. He has all of the weapons, the skills, the familiarity of the system, and the protection to have a stellar year. It is mostly on him and Gruden to push this team into the playoffs. 4k+ yards, 30 TDs, about 10 INTs.

    2.) My picks to click, I assume that are guys to watch who are going to either take the next step or have a big impact for the team. On defense, I agree Ferrell will step up, double digit sacks. My pick however will be our entire linebacker group. They will have a huge impact and so will our new DT. On offense, Renfrow will be even better than last year, his route running is a beautiful thing to watch and he has great hands. He knows how to find a hole in the D. I think Ruggs will have a cool thousand yards and 9 touchdowns.

    3.) Our D will be vastly improved, top 15 with a huge increase in sacks and turnovers.

    4.) Raiders will make the playoffs as a wildcard, but if Mahomey gets injured we will win the division.

    5.) Final record of 10-6

    6.) Gruden will be more daring, push Carr hard to score, especially in the end zone.

    7.) Abrams will be a top 10 Safety this year.
    I agree with everything except this statement that “Carr has all the weapons”. Ruggs and Edwards are rookies. 2year guy in renfrow. Not sure if that’s considered a lot of weapons. No good experienced wr. If we were playing college teams then yes we have all the weapons. I like everything else stated sir

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,484
    1. Carr will throw for 30 tds and 4500 yards.

    2. D will be a top 15. This is where we improved the most. With Raekwon, Littleton, kwaitkoski, Collins, Abram, Arnette and another stud year out of Crosby. That is a good d.

    3. Jacobs will get 1250 yds and 10 total tds.

    4. Edwards will be second on the team with 75 catches.(behind wallers 100!).

    5. We will go 10-6!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    154
    On paper this looks like a 12-4 team. It will all come down to the health of the team especially late in the year. They were destroyed by injuries last year and were still in the playoff race just had nothing left. A healthy raiders team makes the playoffs. 10-6 at worst

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,093
    8-8 or 7-9 ho-hum season. a couple of injuries here and there by mid season. people start complaining about the team being young, and that next year will be our year.. and so on, and so on, and so on. We go through this same exercise every year, everybody predicting a 10-6 or 11-5 record at the beginning of the season... and we always end up with 7-9, 6-10, or even worse. I hope I'm wrong... but our young guns are too green around the ears. Will need some time to gel.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    1. Carr will throw for 30 tds and 4500 yards.

    2. D will be a top 15. This is where we improved the most. With Raekwon, Littleton, kwaitkoski, Collins, Abram, Arnette and another stud year out of Crosby. That is a good d.

    3. Jacobs will get 1250 yds and 10 total tds.

    4. Edwards will be second on the team with 75 catches.(behind wallers 100!).

    5. We will go 10-6!
    Boy, that looks familiar.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I agree with everything except this statement that “Carr has all the weapons”. Ruggs and Edwards are rookies. 2year guy in renfrow. Not sure if that’s considered a lot of weapons. No good experienced wr. If we were playing college teams then yes we have all the weapons. I like everything else stated sir
    I see where you are coming from Meg. I like our WRs though. Might need to replace Williams now, Sanu maybe.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,877
    Predictions? Ok, but remember, you asked for it!

    1. Raiders finish 6-10.

    2. Gruden loses it on camera and fires Guenther at half time during a 30 point blow out...to Brady's Bucs, no less.

    3. Carr has a pretty solid season, finishing with 25 more TDs than INTs. But the stats are misleading as most of those scores come in garbage time, and most of the TDs are to backs on release, not WRs.

    4. The O-line gets nicked up pretty good, with injuries making consistent pass protection an issue. Carr has the third most sacks in the league. He gets injured in the 12th game of the season and is done for the year. Any hope of the Raiders finishing with at least a .500 record go with him.

    5. Mariota runs well on passing plays. But he really excels at handing off the ball, which the Raiders find out when he starts the last 4 games of the season.

    6. The running back unit is the star of the franchise. Josh Jacobs leads the league with a record breaking 30 TDs, 2,100 yards, the most YPC and all-purpose yards, and receives 1st team All Pro honors. Richard leads the team in receptions and follows behind Jacobs with 18 TDs of his own, most of them in the red zone.

    7. The WR corps starts the season white hot, but the injury bug decimates this group early on. By midseason the Raiders are literally pulling bodies off the street to play. Terrell Owens visits the team, leading some to believe that he is willing to come out of the Hall to play for Las Vegas for the final 8 games of the season.

    8. The Raiders defensive line has 12 sacks. Max Crosby has 4, Ferrell 5, and Key 3. But in total the defensive unit finishes the year with only 24 sacks, five less than the previous season. Guenther is fired as mentioned above. Gruden takes the podium at one point in the year and rhetorically bemoans the fact that great pass rushers are hard to find. Again.

    9. The linebackers do a solid job, but pass coverage on the whole plays a damning role in each of the 10 losses. "Why run on 'em, when you can pass for miles and miles?" The defensive unit is renamed The 12 Merry Saint Nicks and the Santa Brigade for their ability to give away yards like it's Christmas. It's growing pains for the secondary. With some you're looking for signs of hope. With others, signs of life. Best wait for 2021 to find out who survives the carnage.

    10. On the whole, the year is a disaster, but the offensive production in the face of overwhelming adversity merits another contract for Carr -- although many think the Raiders are merely signing him in order to trade him.

    11. Mark Davis publicly affirms his commitment to Gruden and Mayock, but privately begins to survey the coaching and GM ranks for their replacements based on something his dad once told him: “It’s not important to be consistent, it’s important to be right.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •