Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I guess great can be subjective. But he has a solid cast around him this season.

Westbrook, Gordon, Covington, Tucker, Rivers, McLemore, Green, House, Carroll, Sefolosha, Caboclo, Mbah a Moute.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    lmao at most of these names. Listing the roster doesn't mean he has a solid cast.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    lmao at most of these names. Listing the roster doesn't mean he has a solid cast.
    Compared to other teams in the West playoffs, on paper the team is more talented. [emoji1745]

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Any time a team has one player doing as much as Harden does it means that if he has an off game the rest of the team has to start doing something they haven't been doing when Harden is on. Every great team will suffer with the loss of their superstar, but Harden's at his best when nearly everything runs through him and the system is built around him so the movement and schemes are to create space for him while trying to get shooters open around him, and without him they have to significantly change the roles and scheme on offense.

The same is true of LeBron for most of his career, he's just been on some teams that are so talented they could adjust/overcome and LeBron has had freakishly little variation in his game to game play ... he's pretty much always great. When LeBron has slumped his teams lose fairly regularly without a heroic response by a teammate.

I suspect if the Rockets next year played 15 games with harden, then lost him for 45, then had him again to close out the regular season they would then be a much better team because they would have had to develop a system without him in it, and they would be more prepared to take advantage of their talent.
    But, you see, that's what makes D'Antoni and Morey's personnel strategy the last three years so brilliant. By acquiring a second elite playmaker in Paul and then Westbrook, they can have 48 minutes of elite playmaking all game long and can afford for Harden to miss some time. It also makes their offense less reliant on him.

It's easy to say "the team is too reliant on Harden" right now when Westbrook is clearly rusty as hell, but pre-pandemic, he was carrying the team while Harden was struggling through one of the worst slumps since he came to Houston. Paul had games where he took over for James, too.

I'd argue that Lebron has been in relatively similar situations in the past with Wade and Irving, where having a second dynamic scorer and playmaker to carry more of that burden meant the team was less reliant on him and made them more dangerous. So I'm not sure this is any different. In fact, I'd argue that the Rockets in 17-18 and 18-19 were every bit as good as any of Lebron's Cleveland teams.

I don't think Harden not winning a ring is a matter of scheme or style of play or lack of talent. It was about running into the dominant Warriors dynasty at the worst possible time and an aging hamstring that stopped them from getting past that hump. (That being said, I'd gladly swap Westbrook for Paul right about now. If they had Paul, this would be one hell of a dangerous basketball team this postseason.)

they had good rosters for 2 years in a row, but faced an all timer team along the way, and it's been touched on how harden and playoffs are just not meant to be together for some reason. His teams are also TOO dependent on him, meaning when he does lay his duds in the playoffs, his team stands literally zero chance of winning.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I just think they need a proper C, I like their team right now otherwise.

I think the CP3 and Harden lead teams were pretty dam good. Health wasnt on their side in the post season though.

If Houston can find a way to get Horford I think he would be a perfect fit over there.

2018 that first year with CP3 was it. Took the defending champ warriors to a game 7. CP3 goes down. Not much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

I think the CP3 and Harden lead teams were pretty dam good. Health wasnt on their side in the post season though.

If Houston can find a way to get Horford I think he would be a perfect fit over there.
    Mike AntoNio donít know what a Center is. If it was up to him, he would have 4 guards and 1 forward in every lineup.... wait... thatís exactly what he does

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Mike AntoNio donít know what a Center is. If it was up to him, he would have 4 guards and 1 forward in every lineup.... wait... thatís exactly what he does
    Unless they come to terms on an extension, he's gone after this season.

They did, but it didn't work. When Capela and Westbrook were on the floor together, the offense was totally broken. The spacing was non-existent, and as good of a defender as Capela was, he couldn't switch on guards. The way the Rockets play where their entire offense is predicated on floor spacing and their entire defense is dependent on switching everything and swarming to the ball, they don't really need a traditional center.

I think it makes them more dangerous. They've been a significantly better basketball team with Westbrook since dealing Capela for Covington.

Now if they had to have a center, I do think Horford would be a good fit as a big man who could stretch the floor and is versatile enough defensively to switch on wings. That being said, I have no clue how they'd pull off that deal unless Philly wants Eric Gordon. And if I were an NBA team, I'd want nothing to do with him right about now. It sucks that we extended his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    And thats the problem I have with him right now. Going small is one thing but to have Tucker or Covington at the 5 for the whole game is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Unless they come to terms on an extension, he's gone after this season.

I hope he does get an extension. I have issues with MDA, but I look around the league, and I just don't see a lot of great coaches out there. He has an offensive system in place that works and works historically well, and the defensive scheme they're utilizing has them as one of the best defensive teams in the playoffs.

We can debate all day long whether a D'Antoni coached team can win an NBA Finals because of his style of play, but his teams have had numerous deep playoff runs, and he's coached on a number of contenders. That's more than I can say for 80% of coaches in the league today.

And thats the problem I have with him right now. Going small is one thing but to have Tucker or Covington at the 5 for the whole game is a joke.
    Have you been watching the games? They're one of the best defensive teams in the league right now regardless of a lack of a true 5. Why do you need a true 7-foot center in this era of basketball if you can build a top 5 offense and a top 10 defense without it? Trust me, they're not losing games in this series right now because they lack a true center. They're losing games because they're getting outplayed in the clutch and they've made like 10 terrible bonehead plays in the final minutes of games.

It's kinda like looking at Karl Malone's Jazz teams and wondering why they never won the big one.

Ya know, it just might be because of that legendary team they had to face. Pretty sure the Rox win it all in 2018 if not for facing an olympic team in the WCF, and coming close to beating them anyway. That team with KD has never been defeated with all the major pieces healthy.

That's just how it goes.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    They did, but it didn't work. When Capela and Westbrook were on the floor together, the offense was totally broken. The spacing was non-existent, and as good of a defender as Capela was, he couldn't switch on guards. The way the Rockets play where their entire offense is predicated on floor spacing and their entire defense is dependent on switching everything and swarming to the ball, they don't really need a traditional center.

I think it makes them more dangerous. They've been a significantly better basketball team with Westbrook since dealing Capela for Covington.

Now if they had to have a center, I do think Horford would be a good fit as a big man who could stretch the floor and is versatile enough defensively to switch on wings. That being said, I have no clue how they'd pull off that deal unless Philly wants Eric Gordon. And if I were an NBA team, I'd want nothing to do with him right about now. It sucks that we extended his contract.
    I get what youre saying and thats fine in the regular season. In the post season we'll never get to then Finals.

Portland had Nurkic & Whiteside
    Lakers have Davis, Howard, Mcgee
    Clippers have Harrell/Zubac
    Dallas has Prorz,Powell, Boban, Cauley stein
    Denver - Jokic, Milsap, Plumblee BoBol
    Utah - Gobert, Davis, Bradley

Im not saying we need a traditional center. But we def need some size and rebounding. Even some natural 4s who can slide to the 5 would suffice. Tucker and Covington are naturally 3s and sure they can play 4, and maybe even some 5, but to rely on them as your primary bigmen is never going to work imo.

Maybe a big that can rebound and also space the floor for WB and Harden to operate would be ideal. Capela had 0 range so he was a poor fit. But there are ofher bigs who can provide spacing.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-02-2020 at 01:10 PM.

No. Pretty good not great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast